Dr. Donald Garver

Grad. Year: 1970

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Donald Garver has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/07/14 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 5416668

22/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.1  Respond
RID: 2477712
18/11/12 5 5 5 5 I can say nothing bad about Dr Garver. I read these other comments here and all I can think is that in life nobody can please everybody all the time no matter how good they are, some people are impossible to please, and thats not Dr Garvers fault. I had shoulder surgery and Dr Garver and his staff and therapists are amazing, how lucky I am to have them in my corner. Dr. Garver did a great job on my Rotator Cuff ,and It would be an injustice to steer anyone away from his care, I could never do that in clear conscious . I am honored and happy to have an opportunity to say something nice about this great man and Dr., God bless him and may we be lucky enough that he continue to help many more people in the years to come.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2454821
23/10/12 5 5 5 5 Doc Garver is my hero. Had my left knee replaced and 5 months later went back to work with no pain and I walk and stand on my feet 11 hours a day. I love his bedside manner very caring. He is one of Gods angels to help as many people as he does. In a few days he is going to unlock my frozen shoulder , I would recommend him for any orthopedic surgery. Outstanding doctor!!! I have no more pain.  Respond
RID: 1495589
25/07/11 1 1 1 1 One of the worst doctors, no I take that back. The worst doctor I have ever seen. I have a lot of medical problems and I see a lot of doctors. This one I tell you to run as fast as you can from, a vet would be better. Just a horrific doctor.He missed a double fracture on my back??? Also messed up my knee... No way I would recommend him for anything. He is all about making you come in for visits and does nothing but charge you!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

20/03/11 SYSTEM: 3 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 637626
13/07/08 4 4 5 5 I had an infected hip replacement done at UofM by another surgeon. There was little hope that I'd walk again. Dr Garver reconstructed with a metal plate, screws, and a hip replacement. I can walk and even jog! He has a wonderful bedside personality, is knowledgeable, and the most professional & caring physician I know.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 614012
14/06/08 5 5 5 5 I had shoulder surgery June of 2007,Dr.Garver came to my home the day after I was released from the Hosptal to check on me,before my surgery he explaned to me in detail everything to expect,he has followed my progress since surgery,and as of now my shoulder is felling allmost as good as ever,He has been kind,understanding and very helpful.I intend to have my knees repaired and would not go to anyone else.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 573074
21/04/08 3 1 1 1 My son had surgery for a torn meniscus. Garver did the surery, then told me my son's ACL was 95% torn and he would have to come back in a few months for another surgery. As I was telling people this I ran into 2 nurses, a physical therapist, and 3 former patients of his that all told me to never go back to him---they all had horror stories about themselves or other patients of his. I went to a different orthopedist who has a great reputation and he was not shy about his negative opinion of this doctor, relating to me that he often sees Dr.Garver's former patients. He said my son's surgical report sounded like it was written by a high school student and there is no such thing as a "95% torn" ACL. My son's was fine. This doctor does numerous repeat surgeries, which is very bad for joints. I could go on and on with examples of botched surgeries. When I went to get a copy of my sons MRI and surgical photos, he came into the waiting room and yelled at me, face red and veins bulging.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 484620
15/01/08 3 1 1 1 degrades you,very cold and insensitive, made me cry every time I was in the office. Does not respect you. Doesn't care about making patients feel better and treats them like they are piece of S__t. It took 7yrs to find another Doctor to tell me the truth, that he over turned my bone 20% more than it should have been, it was to take pressure of the inner knee. It was to late to do any thing. He made my life a living hell. Stay away from this so called Orthopedic.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user