Rate Dr. James Hickman

Dr. James Hickman's Ratings

I was recommended to Dr. Hickman from my dentist and rightfully so. I started my treatment in 2011 and finished my last appointment in June. Dr.Hickman and the staff were always friendly to me and reassured me of the positives in my progress. The positive reinforcement, friendliness, and professionalism is what kept me from being discouraged about having braces. I would recommend Dr.Hickman to anyone looking to correct their teeth.

Submitted June 26, 2014 | flag

Did my teeth when he was starting out 30 years ago. Has done 3 of my kids' as well. Efficient, professional, affordable (relative to other Orthos in Ottawa). Highly recommend. Sour grapes from some unhappy customers reflect more on them than the office, as far as I can see.

Submitted May 23, 2014 | flag

I had braces put on when I was 30 yrs old. He is now seeing my two boys for othro. He and his staff are excellent, never a bad experience! Always punctual, professional, and friendly! After 14 years, my teeth are in excellent condition, and my boys like Dr. Hickman as he is sociable, gentle, and caring. I would highly recommend this office for treatment, and after so many years in practice, he still remains in the highest regard for our family!!

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Hickman is great! He did my mother's teeth when she was 32 and started mine when I was 15. (My mom had me at 30, I am 22 now) and neither of us have ever had problems with the permanent wires coming off or our teeth moving back. He is very knowledgeable and my teeth turned out exactly how I wanted. I saw another comment about him being a little weird - I think he might have a slight social disorder that makes him socialize a bit strange but nothing that would affect his work; he is so nice though! I did have a bit of a tiff with one of his staff members (I don't know if she is still there but I did NOT get along with this lady). I was late for an appointment once, and she got all in a huff and shoved that blue mold goo in the metal tray in my moth but it was too far to one side and pinched my gums. It hurt so bad and made my eyes water and she could tell and then felt bad, she wasn't mean to me again after that. But the rest of his staff were great and always friendly!

Submitted March 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Hickman's staff is appalling and incredibly rude, do not make the mistake of entrusting these people with your child's orthodontic treatment, the way these people treat their patients is disgraceful.

Submitted March 4, 2014 | flag

Wonderful experience. Personable. Explains everything in proper detail.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2013 | flag

He is very knowledgable but his staff is rude. I would recommend his services

Submitted July 25, 2013 | flag

I found Dr.Hickman to be quite "weird". When I would see him, he always seemed out in space and frequently stares and talks to himself. It had me wandering on several occasions if I should be trusting this guys judgement. He doesn't do much of the work, he has his helpers do it. Although I have had one girl who worked on me and was pleasant enough, the rest are terribly rude...one in particular. she would always snap at me, and I just do not feel this is fair for what I am paying to have my work done here...which by the way is substantially higher than other Orthodontists.....shop around ...don't go to this guy!

Submitted Feb. 12, 2013 | flag

Both of my daughters are very pleased with Dr. Hickman and staff. The staff is always very nice with them and they explain me very well what's going on with the traitement. I have nothing bad to say.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2012 | flag

I liked Dr. Hickman, but the staff was terrible. I felt very uncomfortable with the gossip that was going on while they worked in the open concept office. They were rude, unhelpful, and gouged me in the gums COUNTLESS times every visit because they were looking at each other and talking instead of looking at what they were doing. They didn't seem to care at all when I told them that they were hurting me, and I always left with bleeding gums. It's been years, but I dread going back to get my wires replaced because I just don't want to deal with the staff!

Submitted May 17, 2012 | flag