You may also like

Rate Dr. James Hickman

Dr. James Hickman's Ratings

Any good comments you read here are probably written by his staff to make themselves look good in attempt to dillute out the bad commments. Read all comments on page 2 and make your own judement , you will see that the majority write about how rude his staff is .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2801168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

My oldest is currently undergoing treatment with Dr. Hickman. He is about halfway through, and so far everything is going well. I find Dr. H is very knowledgeable, friendly and kind. The staff at the desk are efficient. They may not be falling over themselves being friendly, but they are never rude. They are doing their job and well. They provided excellent advice and support when we started, helping us work through our insurance and setting up a reasonable payment plan. They were very accomodating. They certainly run a tight ship there, which I like. We never have to wait for our appointment and if we're there early, we get in early. I love that. I can imagine that anyone not on time for their appointment might find themselves losing their slot. I don't know if that what happens, but given that our appointments always run on schedule, I don't think that the staff is waiting for those running late to their own appointments. Overall, we're all very pleased with the service and care. My son feels comfortable there and we can see that the work is coming along as planned. (To the person who commented about the semi-permanent retainers, those are the norm now. And they're a good thing. They can be kept in place permanently. My husband, who had extensive orthodontics work in the 80s wishes he had had that option. His teeth have migrated back because of lack of this type of retainer. Other families I know going to other orthodontists are having the same type of retainer. It'll keep their teeth in place for however long they keep it. Thumbs up to that!)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Great doctor with an aesthetic sense and a sense of humour. I will highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2774178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Very good and knowledgable. Went to him after a bad experience with another orthodontist. Good choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I was recommended to Dr. Hickman from my dentist and rightfully so. I started my treatment in 2011 and finished my last appointment in June. Dr.Hickman and the staff were always friendly to me and reassured me of the positives in my progress. The positive reinforcement, friendliness, and professionalism is what kept me from being discouraged about having braces. I would recommend Dr.Hickman to anyone looking to correct their teeth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Did my teeth when he was starting out 30 years ago. Has done 3 of my kids' as well. Efficient, professional, affordable (relative to other Orthos in Ottawa). Highly recommend. Sour grapes from some unhappy customers reflect more on them than the office, as far as I can see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I had braces put on when I was 30 yrs old. He is now seeing my two boys for othro. He and his staff are excellent, never a bad experience! Always punctual, professional, and friendly! After 14 years, my teeth are in excellent condition, and my boys like Dr. Hickman as he is sociable, gentle, and caring. I would highly recommend this office for treatment, and after so many years in practice, he still remains in the highest regard for our family!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr. Hickman is great! He did my mother's teeth when she was 32 and started mine when I was 15. (My mom had me at 30, I am 22 now) and neither of us have ever had problems with the permanent wires coming off or our teeth moving back. He is very knowledgeable and my teeth turned out exactly how I wanted. I saw another comment about him being a little weird - I think he might have a slight social disorder that makes him socialize a bit strange but nothing that would affect his work; he is so nice though! I did have a bit of a tiff with one of his staff members (I don't know if she is still there but I did NOT get along with this lady). I was late for an appointment once, and she got all in a huff and shoved that blue mold goo in the metal tray in my moth but it was too far to one side and pinched my gums. It hurt so bad and made my eyes water and she could tell and then felt bad, she wasn't mean to me again after that. But the rest of his staff were great and always friendly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][905406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Hickman's staff is appalling and incredibly rude, do not make the mistake of entrusting these people with your child's orthodontic treatment, the way these people treat their patients is disgraceful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][905405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Wonderful experience. Personable. Explains everything in proper detail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][905404].votes_count ]]