Rate Dr. Keith B. Raskin

Dr. Keith B. Raskin's Ratings

Over a 6 month period I broke the fifth metacarpal bone in BOTH of my hands from unfortunate accidents with a wall, and a beer bottle.
Dr. Raskin and his staff did an incredible job diagnosing my injuries right away and setting me up with the care to properly heal. In both cases he performed corrective surgery to straighten out the bone and secured it with a wire to make sure it healed properly. Post surgery, I was placed in a hard cast for a month, followed by a removable soft cast and finally a month of physical therapy to help rebuild my strength and mobility in my hand. Every experience in the office was very pleasant, especially his fabulous staff, particularly his PA's Gabrielle Lanzetta and Ashley Madsen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

After avoiding surgery for almost a year and visiting multiple doctors I finally saw Dr. Raskin and for the first time I felt comfortable undergoing the major surgery. His reputation preceded him but the time he spent to explain and help me understand what he needed to do and the expected outcome and recovery made all the difference to me. He repaired a tear in my TFCC complex and my ECU tendon which was a major procedure. From the time I came out of recovery to my last visit 6 months later (with many in between) Dr Raskin, Gab, and Ashley spent the time to help me understand and actually enjoy my long recovery. I could not have asked for better patient care from the team and the office staff was top notch. My wife had carpal tunnel surgery with Dr Raskin a few months later and he made it possible for both of us to hold our newborn son without any pain! A true gift. We both elected to go out of network to see Dr Raskin and it was the best decision we ever made.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

There is just so much good to say about Dr. Raskin and his entire office that I'm not even sure where to start. Let's get the obvious out of the way - This guy is one of the best, if not the best, hand surgeon in America and likely the world. Professional athletes and regular people come from all over the world to see him and it's not hard to see why. With a reputation and pedigree like that, one would expect a certain amount of uncaring snobbery or indifference towards patients, and certainly one would expect to be rushed out... Time is money! Let me tell you that I have experienced all of the above at other offices, but not a single one at Dr. Raskin's office. I find that incredible. Dr. Raskin, Gabi and Ashley take the time to listen to you, address all your questions honestly and thoroughly, and they take the following into account: "Who are you, and what are you trying to do?" Are you a professional athlete that makes millions from his pitch, swing, shot or punch? Are you an average Joe terrified of surgery? Are you somewhere in between? Naturally as perfectionists at the top of their field, Dr. Raskin and Co. want to fix everything back to it's top potential, but are willing to listen and take a more conservative approach if appropriate, rather then rush patients into surgery. That mirrors my first experience with Dr. Raskin. I came in with a broken wrist from CrossFit. I was terrified of surgery and it could have went either way. We waited to see if I would heal up okay and I did. Lightening didn't strike twice, however. A few years later I would suffer a broken hand and was trying to seek care closer to home in Texas. After a few weeks of getting conflicting options, rushed out of offices and outright BSed, I was doing no better and decided to take the trip back to NY to see Dr. Raskin. I'm so thankful that I did, as he and Gabi told me what I suspected from the X-rays: This was a bad break, it would likely very much affect my life going forward, and lastly, it just wasn't healing because the separation was so bad and the reduction was done poorly back home. I should have not let anyone else touch it, and Dr. Raskin had to operate. I was freaked out by the thought of metal in my body, but I knew I was in the best hands possible and once Gabi and Dr. Raskin explained everything to me I realized that this was going to result in my hand healing many orders of magnitude better than it ever could have left alone. Here I am almost 2 months after surgery, about to finish up physical therapy and I am just so grateful at how well everything has turned out. Dr. Raskin did a phenomenal job, takes such pride in the work he does and is very passionate about it. This especially comes through when he takes the time to compare the before and after x-rays with you. Seriously, Thank God for these guys. The amount of time that Gabi spent on the phone with me and the amount of patience it must have took to deliver bad news and answer the repetitive, paranoid questions of shell-shocked and anxious patent was staggering. They deliver a truly touching level of care. If you are close by or can make the trip, why go anywhere else and get treated like a jerk when you can go to the best there is and get treated like family?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2619885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I had ligament tears and cysts in my wrists, and this caused significant weakness in my grip and wrist. Within less than a year of my surgery - I have full strength in my wrist and I feel great. Dr. Raskin and his entire staff are absolutely amazing. There wasn't a moment in the entire process from my initial consultation, my surgery, and my follow up office visits where I didn't feel 100% comfortable. They are knowledgeable, responsive, and extremely professional - I would recommend Dr. Raskin and his physician assistants to anyone who has an issue with their hand or wrist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2612413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

As a physician and surgeon myself, I am familiar with medical and surgical patient interactions from both sides. Dr. Raskin and his staff are the kindest and most professional I have ever seen. Dr. Raskin is at the top of his game when it comes to surgical expertise and experience in his field. I had no pain at all after my elbow surgery (which was hard for me to believe) and I am well on my way to making a full a recovery. Thank you, Dr. Raskin, PAs Ashley & Gabi, and staff!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

When I first met Dr. Raskin, I was in extreme pain, from lack of cartilage in my wrists. I had been told that my only recourse would be total fusion of my wrists, which I found terrifying. Dr. Raskin assured me that there was another way, that I would be pain free and have wrist mobility. Which is exactly what he did for me. He is literally a miracle worker, who approaches his surgery as an artist, precise in every detail. His infectious enthusiasm and tremendous compassion for his patients is unparalleled. He surrounds himself with a wonderful staff, and I have to say that I cannot thank him, and them, enough, My only caveat is make sure you have a good health insurance policy. You pay what you get for, and Dr. Raskin is the best. But make sure you have the coverage first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

great doctor. great staff. great result. played tennis two days after procedure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][906025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

I was more than pleased since my accident happened, to the way Dr. Raskin and his staff handled the situation. The outcome of the operation was above expectations, an impeccable Job!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][906024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2013

Dr. Raskin is by far the best doctor I have ever had. I have been a patient of his for 8 years, when I broke my wrist and had major complications as a result. Other doctors told me nothing could be done other than stapling my wrist. When I was lucky enough to find Dr. Raskin, I knew I was in the best of hands (literally). He was able to fix my wrist as if it was brand new. I then had multiple hand surgeries with him, as well, and he did an incredible job. You will never meet a warmer, more compassionate, and caring doctor and human being. Dr. Raskin gives each of his patients all the time in the world. You never feel rushed or brushed over. His entire staff is wonderful, also. Gabby, one of the PAs, is amazing. She is sweet, caring, and very gentle. I have had 7 surgeries with Dr. Raskin, and he truly has become family. If you need an orthopedic surgeon, do not think twice. Dr. Raskin is the best in his field and the best overall!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][906023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr Raskin did a great job on my wrist, and i would recommend him highly. He repaired my torn S-L and TFCC ligaments, and 3 months post surgery, i have regained 95% of my mobility and 100% of my strength. I experience zero residual pain. i was told he is the best in his field, so why go to anyone but the best? he is professional, personable, and most importantly, an excellent surgeon. the staff at dr raskin's office is also amazing. Ahsley and Gabby, the physician assistants are two of the most professional, intelligent, compasionate, and attentive people i have ever met. Dr Raskin's knowledge of wrist ailments, and the personal touch he and his team provided throughout my treatment was unsurpassed. they took the time to answer all my questions pre op (and i had a lot, as i was pretty nervous), and they all took a personal interest in my case, and in my progress since surgery. An outstanding team who was able to provide superb results.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][906022].votes_count ]]