Rate Dr. Keith B. Raskin

Dr. Keith B. Raskin's Ratings

I can't begin to put into words how good Dr Raskin has been. I called his office one day after seeing 3 other doctors for a wrist injury I had sustained in a car accident almost 2 years prior. A few other offices refused to see me because I had not one, but two prior surgeries for the injury. Dr Raskin's staff, after I explained my situation to the best of my ability to the extremely patient receptionist, I was scheduled for an appointment.

To be completely honest, at this point, I felt completely hopeless; I could barely move my hand at all without substantial pain, which left me unable or barely able to do many things, and one of the doctors I had seen had suggested a wrist fusion, which would make my career as a programmer end before I had a solid start. Once I saw Ashley, one of his PAs, I started feeling better about my situation. When I met Dr. Raskin, he knew exactly what I was talking about and agreed that the doctor who did the previous surgeries wasn't very good and joked around a bit, helping me feel a lot better.

I was immediately sent for an MRI, and when Dr. Raskin got the results, he spoke to me directly over the phone and told me that I'd need another surgery and he wanted to do it ASAP. I had the surgery scheduled at Surgicare of Manhattan, and the team he had with him was also amazing. Before the surgery, they allowed my fiance to come in with me (major jitters), and stay with me until I had to go into the OR, still joking around with us to alleviate my fears.

While my previous surgeries took an hour, Dr. Raskin took 3 hours, performing repairs on everything in my hand that needed work. When I came to from the surgery, Dr. Raskin was available and spoke to me when I woke up (Believe it or not, the other doctor who performed surgery LEFT without speaking to me.) and was SO EXCITED and HAPPY that he was able to perform the repairs I needed so badly and tell me that he thought that this would be the last surgery I needed. I went home with a big smile on my face, and had a mini-post-surgical party.

The next few visits I went through a series of casts made by Dr. Raskin's PA Gabi and referred through to therapy. If I ever had a question, I could call and leave a message and within the day get an answer. My appointments were always kept, even if I messed up the time and came an hour late which may or may not have happened...

Under Dr Raskin, my hand recovered amazingly fast. It's absolutely amazing what he's done for me, and from his work, I was able to resume normal life -- after healing, I've gone back to being able to work, write, go back to classes, drive, play video games with my son and probably other things I'm forgetting, and I can do those all without any pain. Since I'm able to do the things I need and want to do, it's done so much for me in ways indescribable.

As of this writing, it's been nearly a year since Dr. Raskin performed his surgery. I nearly have full motion back in my wrist, and am continuing to improve. Dr. Raskin is truly amazing, and everyone who works there is wonderful. I cannot recommend him enough, especially if you feel like your case is a lost cause like I thought my case was.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2701726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

I feel very lucky to have met Dr. Raskin who was highly recommended by a friend of mine.
He is an excellent surgeon who I trust completely and who I now highly recommend. I have never in my life had such a great experience at a Dr.'s office. He truly loves what he does and he is thorough and patient and compassionate and funny. His staff is also excellent. Both Gabrielle and Ashley are so informed and patient and really take time with you. They are available to answer any questions you may have and are very quick to respond to an e-mail or phone message. I have Dupuytrens Contracture and had not had the full use of my hand for 5 years. It was pretty gnarled up and not attractive. He gave me my hand back and I could not be happier with the result. My hand is flat and smooth and I almost can't believe it to this day. I am still so thrilled with the outcome. I felt in such good hands and I can say that I have never felt that complete trust going into a surgery ever before. He is so skilled and he genuinely got excited about restoring the use of my hand. I very highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2668724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Over a 6 month period I broke the fifth metacarpal bone in BOTH of my hands from unfortunate accidents with a wall, and a beer bottle.
Dr. Raskin and his staff did an incredible job diagnosing my injuries right away and setting me up with the care to properly heal. In both cases he performed corrective surgery to straighten out the bone and secured it with a wire to make sure it healed properly. Post surgery, I was placed in a hard cast for a month, followed by a removable soft cast and finally a month of physical therapy to help rebuild my strength and mobility in my hand. Every experience in the office was very pleasant, especially his fabulous staff, particularly his PA's Gabrielle Lanzetta and Ashley Madsen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

After avoiding surgery for almost a year and visiting multiple doctors I finally saw Dr. Raskin and for the first time I felt comfortable undergoing the major surgery. His reputation preceded him but the time he spent to explain and help me understand what he needed to do and the expected outcome and recovery made all the difference to me. He repaired a tear in my TFCC complex and my ECU tendon which was a major procedure. From the time I came out of recovery to my last visit 6 months later (with many in between) Dr Raskin, Gab, and Ashley spent the time to help me understand and actually enjoy my long recovery. I could not have asked for better patient care from the team and the office staff was top notch. My wife had carpal tunnel surgery with Dr Raskin a few months later and he made it possible for both of us to hold our newborn son without any pain! A true gift. We both elected to go out of network to see Dr Raskin and it was the best decision we ever made.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

There is just so much good to say about Dr. Raskin and his entire office that I'm not even sure where to start. Let's get the obvious out of the way - This guy is one of the best, if not the best, hand surgeon in America and likely the world. Professional athletes and regular people come from all over the world to see him and it's not hard to see why. With a reputation and pedigree like that, one would expect a certain amount of uncaring snobbery or indifference towards patients, and certainly one would expect to be rushed out... Time is money! Let me tell you that I have experienced all of the above at other offices, but not a single one at Dr. Raskin's office. I find that incredible. Dr. Raskin, Gabi and Ashley take the time to listen to you, address all your questions honestly and thoroughly, and they take the following into account: "Who are you, and what are you trying to do?" Are you a professional athlete that makes millions from his pitch, swing, shot or punch? Are you an average Joe terrified of surgery? Are you somewhere in between? Naturally as perfectionists at the top of their field, Dr. Raskin and Co. want to fix everything back to it's top potential, but are willing to listen and take a more conservative approach if appropriate, rather then rush patients into surgery. That mirrors my first experience with Dr. Raskin. I came in with a broken wrist from CrossFit. I was terrified of surgery and it could have went either way. We waited to see if I would heal up okay and I did. Lightening didn't strike twice, however. A few years later I would suffer a broken hand and was trying to seek care closer to home in Texas. After a few weeks of getting conflicting options, rushed out of offices and outright BSed, I was doing no better and decided to take the trip back to NY to see Dr. Raskin. I'm so thankful that I did, as he and Gabi told me what I suspected from the X-rays: This was a bad break, it would likely very much affect my life going forward, and lastly, it just wasn't healing because the separation was so bad and the reduction was done poorly back home. I should have not let anyone else touch it, and Dr. Raskin had to operate. I was freaked out by the thought of metal in my body, but I knew I was in the best hands possible and once Gabi and Dr. Raskin explained everything to me I realized that this was going to result in my hand healing many orders of magnitude better than it ever could have left alone. Here I am almost 2 months after surgery, about to finish up physical therapy and I am just so grateful at how well everything has turned out. Dr. Raskin did a phenomenal job, takes such pride in the work he does and is very passionate about it. This especially comes through when he takes the time to compare the before and after x-rays with you. Seriously, Thank God for these guys. The amount of time that Gabi spent on the phone with me and the amount of patience it must have took to deliver bad news and answer the repetitive, paranoid questions of shell-shocked and anxious patent was staggering. They deliver a truly touching level of care. If you are close by or can make the trip, why go anywhere else and get treated like a jerk when you can go to the best there is and get treated like family?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2619885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I had ligament tears and cysts in my wrists, and this caused significant weakness in my grip and wrist. Within less than a year of my surgery - I have full strength in my wrist and I feel great. Dr. Raskin and his entire staff are absolutely amazing. There wasn't a moment in the entire process from my initial consultation, my surgery, and my follow up office visits where I didn't feel 100% comfortable. They are knowledgeable, responsive, and extremely professional - I would recommend Dr. Raskin and his physician assistants to anyone who has an issue with their hand or wrist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2612413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

As a physician and surgeon myself, I am familiar with medical and surgical patient interactions from both sides. Dr. Raskin and his staff are the kindest and most professional I have ever seen. Dr. Raskin is at the top of his game when it comes to surgical expertise and experience in his field. I had no pain at all after my elbow surgery (which was hard for me to believe) and I am well on my way to making a full a recovery. Thank you, Dr. Raskin, PAs Ashley & Gabi, and staff!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

When I first met Dr. Raskin, I was in extreme pain, from lack of cartilage in my wrists. I had been told that my only recourse would be total fusion of my wrists, which I found terrifying. Dr. Raskin assured me that there was another way, that I would be pain free and have wrist mobility. Which is exactly what he did for me. He is literally a miracle worker, who approaches his surgery as an artist, precise in every detail. His infectious enthusiasm and tremendous compassion for his patients is unparalleled. He surrounds himself with a wonderful staff, and I have to say that I cannot thank him, and them, enough, My only caveat is make sure you have a good health insurance policy. You pay what you get for, and Dr. Raskin is the best. But make sure you have the coverage first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

great doctor. great staff. great result. played tennis two days after procedure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][906025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

I was more than pleased since my accident happened, to the way Dr. Raskin and his staff handled the situation. The outcome of the operation was above expectations, an impeccable Job!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][906024].votes_count ]]