Dr. Andre H. Goy

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Andre H. Goy has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does dr goy accept medicare?    Email me    Answer it

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 3657111
15/01/14 5 5 5 5 I had Dr Andre Goy as my doctor at MD Anderson in Houston, TX back in 2003. I had Lymphoma Burketts and doctors locally not giving me a fair shot to live. My choice was 4 months inpatient chemo with Dr Goy or 1 year and 1/2 locally. Dr Goy, just was very positive when other doctors were not, so I went with him. Still remember him saying I could wear a yankee cap (in Houston Astro Country no way), walk in hospital, and he could but my cancer in remission. I started chemo in June 2003 and ended Aug 2003. 10 years later I am still here when a lot of doctors said my chances were not good. Guess Dr Goy showed them. He kind of seems like he speaks fast, but will slow down for you if you do not understand. My local oncologist now uses the treatment he did on some patients now which is a great testament to what he has accomplished. He does have a good bedside manner for a doctor and treats you like a human being not a number. Been in remission for 10 years now thanks to Dr Goy.
RID: 3626393
06/12/13 5 5 5 5 Good bedside maners and is well listening to patiant and family
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Andre" to "Andre H."
RID: 2436231
01/10/12 3 1 1 2 After the normallong wait, Goy blew into the room like awhirl wind.We could barely understand his rapid fire heavily accented english.He interuppted our consultation 3 or 4 times by bustling out of the room. The main concern of the staff seemed focused on getting me to sign a release form granting them rights to my biopsy sample. My general impression was of a guy who was all about the conferences, the seminars,his Tumor Bank, cultivating contacts with wealthy patients. Stay away.  Respond
RID: 2409663
24/08/12 5 5 5 5 This Doctor saved my father's life. There is a special place in Heaven for him and all of the good people at HUMC. Aside from being one of the most knowledgeable hematologist-oncologists in the world, he is one of the most thoroughly decent, caring individuals I have ever met. Thank God that he has come to the United State to help people.
Respond

22/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1706235
06/02/12 5 1 5 5 Ditto to everything everyone has said on this blog. Prior to seeing Dr. Goy, I had been to Cornell/Weill, Sloane Kettering and Roosevelt: he is by far THE BEST, both medically and emotionally. Go Dr. Goy - 5.5 years and going and I had been told that I would die without a bone marrow transplant. 4 months of chemo with Dr. Goy and I was "treated". XOXO, Dr. Goy!!!  Respond
RID: 1641519
22/11/11 4 1 3 3 Waiting 3-4 hours to be seen. Arrogant demeanor when working with Oncologists at other cancer institutions. Unwillingness to listen to the input from top rated Cancer Institutions/Oncology experts even when a possible benefit to the patient.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 1422118
21/04/11 5 5 5 5 I had Doctor Andre Goy as my doctor at MD Anderson in Houston, TX for my oncologist to treat me for Lymphoma Burketts in 2003. Other doctors their treatment would have took way longer. 1st time I met him he said put on a Yankee's cap and walk I will treat you. Didn't understand the Yankees cap in Houston, TX, but he was probably one of the best doctors I met and treated me in 3 months. Has good bed side manner and cares for his patients which some doctors lack. Some doctors though his treatment was harsh and now yesterday I found out his treatment was used to help treat another patient locally where they didn't have to go to MD Anderson. I say that alone shows Dr Goy very dedicated to his work and a great doctor.
RID: 1336051
13/01/11 5 4 5 5 I have now been in remission from Mantle Cell Lymphoma for four years. This is primarily due to the remarkable treatment given by Dr. Goy and his staff. He is without a doubt the most knowledgeable and caring doctor I have come to know, admire and love . . . !
See Responses
RID: 1305658
02/12/10 5 4 5 5 The best of the best - he is knowledgeable and is always looking for the best outcome. He made me believe that I would get better, and I did.
RID: 1302940
29/11/10 5 5 5 5 Simply put, Dr. Goy is the most knowledgeable, competent and caring doctor I've ever been associated with. Thank you, Dr. Goy!  Respond
RID: 1241809
01/09/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Goy is very, very good; and, his staff are all fantastic. The Cancer center at HUMC may be the very best in the world.
RID: 996283
26/09/09 5 5 5 5 When my daughter was first diagonsed, she told me that God will lead her to the right hospital, well He lead us to Hackensack University Hospital and to Dr. Goy. When we first arrived, we were greeted by Eddie, Noel and the wonderful nurses. When Dr. Goy walked into the room, I knew my daughter was in excellent hands. He is a caring, wonderful, knowledgable and exceptional doctor. There will never be enough words to explain how grateful and honored I am to this human being for saving my daughter's life. The hospital operates professionally and is staffed with caring individuals. Dr. Goy, I will always be grateful to you and your decision to dedicate yourself to the treatment of Lymphoma. Have recommemded Dr. Goy and Hackensack University Hospital to anyone in need.  Respond
RID: 969686
22/08/09 5 4 5 5 Because of Dr. Goy I have been in remission from Mantle Cell Lymphoma for over two years. He deeply cares not only about your physically issues but also about your emtional ones as well. He listens, is compassionate, understanding and very caring. When there was a possibility of a recurrence of my cancer he gave me his cell number so I could be in touch with questions and concerns. That is not only a very caring physician but a profoundly caring man. I have the highest respect and love for him. I would without hesitation send those I love the most to him if they were in need. May God bless Dr. Goy - he has been a blessing to me!!!!
See Responses
RID: 884001
11/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goy saved my dads life and i honestly respect that man more than anyone else. I really cant think of a better word to describe him other than truly amazing. When things got scary at times my brightest thought and what always made me feel better was knowing Dr. Goy would take care of him and make him feel better, because he always did. I'll never forget one of the first times we were visiting him before my dad even started chemo, my mom and i were scared to death and Dr. Goy looked at us and gave us a little tap on our shoulders and said "He has cancer; but cancer doesn't have him." from that point on i put full trust in him and even at times when it was hard to keep believing things were going to be okay, i would think back to him saying that and i was always reassured. I love this man and thank God for him every day.
RID: 792647
17/02/09 5 3 5 5 I am pleased to be the charge nurse for Dr Goy and his patients. He has helped my brother and my nephew at times of diagnosis and I will forever be grateful for him and his staff. He is brilliant as well as compassionate. Thank you for all you did for my family. Love you all Colleen, Noel, Susan, Alex, and especially Dr Goy. Cindy Meyer  Respond
RID: 791716
16/02/09 5 5 5 5 I will be forever thankful for Dr. Goy's expertise, tenacity and thoroughness in the treatment of my 19 yr old son. His ability to make a connection with him on his first visit helped my son cope through the tests and surgery with an optomistic and "I WILL get through this" attitude. Dr. Goy demonstrates a passion for his profession, a true concern for his patients and his staff shines with him. And he listens .... need I say more. Thank you Dr. Goy.
RID: 785619
09/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goy and his staff were very helpful and I felt as if everyone cared, he answered all questions and gave me hope. I know I am in the right hands and have confidance I will live through this.
RID: 706304
21/10/08 5 3 5 5 Although you may have to wait literally hours to see Dr. Goy - the wait is worth it. He basically saved my life by diagnosing and treating my non-hodgkins lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma. I wouldn't see anyone else. The HUMC Cancer center is the best.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 581311
03/05/08 5 3 5 5 My friend went to him for lymphoma. I went to many of her appointments with her including her chemo sessions. She has been in remission for over 2 years now. He gives you hope and is very positive. He's awesome!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 492951
24/01/08 5 3 5 5 He gives hope when you feel like you have none. From the beginning, he made me believe that I would get better - and I did! In remission now for 14 months and doing great. I have complete confidence in him, and would never go elsewhere.
RID: 483570
14/01/08 5 5 5 5 My husband was 30 years old at the time of his cancer diagnosis. He will be 32 in a few months and is doing very well, thank God. For obvious reasons, we were devastated when we walked into Hackensack University Medical Center for our first meeting with Dr. Goy. We barely had any hope in our hearts. When Dr. Goy walked into the room, however, everything changed. He and his staff were polite, optimistic, and thoughtful. He was thorough in his examination and answered EVERY question we had. Before he left, he playfully punched my husband on the shoulder and said, "This is not the end of the road for you, my friend." Then he winked and walked out. We have seen Dr. Goy at least 20 times since that initial visit. It's a pleasure to meet with him every time. If we have a question at home, we call and someone from his staff calls back almost immediately. They are the most kind and caring group of people we have every met.