Rate Dr. Ronald F. Gilbert

Dr. Ronald F. Gilbert's Ratings

Submitted Jan. 23, 2013 | flag

Im rating this doctors staff, Dr. Gilbert's staff at newportbeach, especially "don marie" whoever she is,I believe she may be one of the receptionist, rude people. I don't even think that is her real name, she calls her self "don"? who does she think she is the godfather? You do not feel welcome in their office, I got a feeling like they have personal issues, and they are bringing it to work and taking it out on the customers, very unprofessional, the doctors staff reflects the doctor, "attitude reflects leadership". The golden rule, "treat others how you would like to be treated", it seems that is too difficult for some people to follow.

Submitted March 22, 2010 | flag

after spending 6-7 minutes with this prostate cancer patient, he literally ran out of the room before he could answer questions or write a Rx. he obviously overbooks, no time for you even if you have a serious problem, major focus must be his turnover and $

Submitted Nov. 13, 2009 | flag

Dr. Gilbert should be barred from practicing madicine. This guys is insensitive animal, not a caring doctor. The day he diagnozed my prostate cancer six years ago, he gestured with the motion of cutting his neck, signalling I am a dead man. Well, I am cured of PC under another doctors care. Gilbert is always rushing, snap in his judgement, make errors, make customers mad. His staff, taking after him, is even worse with his endoresement. DO NOT GO SEE THIS MAN. Newport Beach will be much better off without this man.

Submitted May 20, 2009 | flag

Dr Gilbert has done an excellent job in treating and monitoring my prostate problem. He came highly recommended by his peers. My second opinion confirmed his diagnosis and treatment.

Submitted July 28, 2008 | flag

After being told that I had to undergo blood tests and a biopsy to check for prostate cancer I called his office three times (after being told that he would call at a certain time- which he did not) in the hopes of speaking with him personally. His staff was very rude and when I did finally get to speak with him, he told me to stop bothering his staff, and that he no longer wanted me as a patient. The way that this man and his staff treat patients is unacceptable.

Submitted April 27, 2008 | flag

This Dr. is a menace. He grossly misdiagnosed my bladder cancer and could have cost me my life if I had not sought a second opinion. Also, beware of getting referred to a surgical facility where he has a financial interest. It is not covered by insurance (or at least it wasn't covered a year ago) and you will be guaranteed a hassle.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2007 | flag

Typically you will see no less than 5 to 10 people waiting in his waiting room. He spends no more than two or three mininutes, absent mindedly. He did not catch my Prostate Cancer while he had plenty of opportunities to detect it. The day he pronounced prostate cancer to me, he spent a grand total of 5 miniutes, and rushed out. This kind of doctor gives bad name to all medical doctors. It was a clear case of medical matpractice, but under CA law you need a lot more to sue him. He should not be allowed to practice as he really do not care for patients. All he has in mind is to get it over with as quickly as possible so that he can see other patients. All he cares about is to process as many patient as possible so that he can make money.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2005 | flag