Dr. Christen Allaman

Grad. Year: 1992

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/04/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 34 reviews. Dr. Christen Allaman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5422921
24/04/14 5 5 5 5 Outstanding practice. Had cataract surgery in both eyes with outstanding results. I no longer need glasses for near, mid-range and far vision. Dr. Allaman was an excellent doctor and I would recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone who wants a top-notch ophthalmologist and surgeon.
Respond

18/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 3653025
10/01/14 5 5 5 4 When Dr. K. McKenzie retired he chose Dr. C. Allaman to take his practice, saying, "He is a brilliant surgeon, a Star". In the intervening 19 years I have seen Dr. Allaman's excellence in all aspects of eye care. His office staff are professional, knowledgeable and compassionate. On Mar. 26, 2013 he performed a complicated cataract/glaucoma procedure on my rt. eye. Prior to surgery I had zero vision. On my drive to post-op visit on Mar. 27, I was able to read the freeway overpass signs and visually able to identify everyone that I knew. I am a senior senior, and had worn glasses for many years. I do not need them now. Gratefully, Kathleen Bowers
RID: 3603511
12/11/13 5 3 5 5 I was afraid to have cataract surgery and now I am so grateful that I did. Dr. Allaman and his staff eased me through the whole procedure. I feel that I have my life back. I was becoming reclusive. Now I walk, drive and bike with confidence.
RID: 3578718
23/10/13 5 5 5 5 I am a very happy patient of Dr. Allaman. He is my hero. My experience was wonderful. The surgery was easy and a success. I am a monovision patient and wore a contact in my left eye for 25 years. I now have a permanent lens in my eye and I can read perfectly. I had surgery on October 22, 2013 and I could read without glasses the next day. Dr. Allaman has made my life so much better and easier it is truly a miracle. He is so personable and kind and is very professional.I think everyone who needs cataract surgery should see Dr. Allaman. I love him because he changed my quality of life. I'm in my 70s and appreciate his compassion. Sincerely Fran Holbrook
RID: 2910175
13/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Allaman and his staff are wonderful, efficient, polite and professional. Dr Allaman took time to explain to me just what to expect and I am delighted with the results. The surgery was well orchestrated and very professional and personally kind to me. I always felt well taken care of and the results are just wonderful!! Dr. Allaman thank you! I will recommend you to all of my family and friends. To have good eye site is a blessing and you and your staff made that possible.
RID: 2891917
02/10/13 5 5 5 5 Today, for the first time since 3rd grade (and I’m old) I can see 20/20 in both eyes without glasses or contacts. Miracles do happen thanks to Dr. Allaman. Upon the diagnosis of cataracts, Dr, Allaman recommended a lens implant. I took his advice. The operation was short and painless. The cataract and astigmatism are gone, and my vision is perfect. In only one day after surgery, I can read a book, and see the stars all by myself. Dr. Allaman, you are the best!
RID: 2680634
17/06/13 5 5 5 5 Excellent care, staff was knowledgeable, listened and were attentive. Dr. Allaman demonstrated great skill in performing my two lens implants. I experienced no pain and was able to go to work within a few hours following each surgery.Before and after the procedures Dr. Allaman spent time with me explaining the procedure and was available to answer questions. In the surgery suit I noted that he took exceptional care to prevent infection and he charted each procedure immediately after coming out of surgery.
RID: 2655700
23/05/13 5 5 5 5 I received excellent service when Dr. Allaman removed a cataract and inserted a Zoric lens to correct astigmatism as well. He is extremely knowledgeable, concerned, and has good follow-up as well as prep. He is personally involved at every step. I can see with greater clarity, perceive colors more vibrantly and have more light. I highly recommend him for this procedure.
RID: 2641129
06/05/13 5 4 5 5 Have every confidence that Dr Allaman "knows his stuff". He has keep glaucoma at bay for many years. He also performed cataract surgery and urged me to get permanent lenses inserted;since I wore glasses/contacts since age 13 it has been a real pleasure not wearing glasses.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2639404
03/05/13 5 5 5 5 I am both an avid reader and a birder who recently had cataract surgery in both eyes. What a revelation! I can now see so much and so clearly that other birders are surprised when I can spot things far, far away and see colors I have only guessed at in the recent past. Since I opted for the simple distance lens implants, I need glasses to read and that vision too is excellent. Besides the surgery was a snap and I was able to see very clearly the day after the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Allaman and his staff to anyone contemplating this surgery. Just look up Allaman Eye Care if you want professional and caring service.  Respond
RID: 2620051
17/04/13 5 5 5 5 Specializes in Cataract surgery. I am 71 and had 20/600 vision (acute myopia) with no astimatism. Three weeks later I have perfect vision. The doctor is very business like, very knowledgeable and has an excellent staff. We were told he is the best cataract doctor on the Northern California coast and that proved to be true.
RID: 2602264
28/03/13 5 5 5 5 I AM TYPING THIS ON MY COMPUTER WITHOUT WEARING GLASSES, TO DAYS AFTER HAVING CATARACTS ON MY LEFT (WORST) EYE REMOVED AND THE NEW LENS PLACED. HAVE BEEN WEARING GLASSES FOR OVER 40 YEARS, NOW TWO DAYS AFTER SURGERY CAN DO MOST THINGS WITHOUT WEARING ANY CORRECTION, EVEN THOUGH THE RIGHT (BEST) EYE IS STILL TO BE DONE. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!! THE SURGERY WAS QUICK, THE FOLLOWUP WAS QUICK, STAFF IS GREAT, VERY CARING, ANSWERS QUESTIONS, DEALS WITH FEARS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.
RID: 2580087
08/03/13 5 5 5 5 I had a most easy surgery on both eyes removing cataracts and implanting lens I now have 20/20 or better vision. No pain. Most pleasant staff at both surgery and in-office. All very helpful I would highly recommend this doctor. He is wonderful!
Paid (or co-pay): $2700
RID: 2448179
16/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Allaman is excellent. I had very, very bad cataracts with high myopia and astigmatism. Now I see perfectly - better than 20/20! The surgery was absolutely painless and not at all frightening. I was impressed with the care he took to prevent infection and swelling. Each appointment I go to, I wait an average of 1 to 2 minutes. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He really knows what he is doing, and you can see the results. I got toric lenses because of my astigmatism, and I am extremely happy with them. I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Allaman. I have been on cloud nine ever since my surgery!
RID: 2446543
14/10/12 5 3 5 5 Dr. Allaman and his entire staff have been so very caring, helpful and very knowledgeable. The surgery was so very helpful and I will always be so grateful for the excellent results I have received. I cared for my husband for many years and he finaly lost all his eye sight so I am aware of what that those for a persons whole life. y husband passed on in 2011. I feel truly blessed that Dr.Allaman did such a fantastic surgery for me. Thank you, Patricia Donnellan
RID: 2442226
09/10/12 4 4 4 4 I had both eyes fitted with implants and I love them. The procedure was quick and painless. Pros: corrected near sited, far sited and stigmatisms. No more glasses at all. Cons: still get halos when driving at night, not bad. I can't follow the golf ball anymore on the golf course. There is a minor blur every now and then corrected by blinking. I believe the surgery was well worth the results at this point. It has almost been a year now and I notice something new and good almost every day.  Respond
RID: 2440571
06/10/12 5 5 5 5 Both the staff and Dr. Allaman were helpful, professional. I had lens replacements and I had no problems with the surgery or post surgery. I definitely recommend Dr. Allaman for lens replacement. His office and technical staff were great.  Respond
RID: 2404030
17/08/12 5 5 5 5 I had 2 cataract procedures within 3 weeks. The prep and after surgery procedures can be complicated, however, because of Doctor Allaman's staff and his direction I was able to take the proper care of my eyes. The results of both surgerys have been spectacular and I only wish that I would have done this earlier. The procedures were painless, I was treated with much care and respect, and the end result is better than I ever imagined. Dr. Allaman's skills are superior and his attention to me as one of his many patients has been been personal and geninue. After all is said and done I can see better than ever and do not have to wear my glasses for anything other than close up reading. Doctor Allaman's staff are friendly, knowledgeable and attentive before, during and after the surgery. All in all a great experience that has been worth much more than I had anticipated. Sincerely, Jan Carey, a happy patient.
RID: 2398609
11/08/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Allaman performed my cataract surgery a few months ago. After all of my consultations I decided the crystal lens was the best for me. It gave me my close up vision middle range vision and distance vision back. I also do not have to wear glasses which was my original goal. I would recommend Dr. Allaman to anyone who needs cataract surgery. Also his staff is very professional and caring
RID: 2395608
07/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Allaman is an extraordinary, highly skilled doctor. My cataract surgery was flawless, did not require incisions or anesthesia, was completed in minutes and gave me excellent vision without glasses. A follow up laser procedure corrected normal, post-surgery scarring. I do not believe there is more expert care anywhere. The staff is amazing, incredibly competent and very knowledgeable and caring. I wish all of my doctors and their offices provided this caliber of care.
RID: 2380911
20/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Allaman is a highly skilled and professional doctor.I received excellent care in every way.  Respond
RID: 2319911
04/07/12 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Allaman for over 10 years and have always found him to be extremely knowledgeable and willing to take the time to explain my eye problems in terms I can understand. He is caring and professional. He just performed cataract surgery and I couldn't be more pleased with my new eyesight. He clearly explained my options beforehand and let me decide, without pushing his opinion, which lens to choose. His staff is professional and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Allaman.
RID: 2150842
20/05/12 5 5 5 5 I paid extra for the multi-focal lens to replace my cataract. Didn't want to need glasses! And I couldn't be more delighted. I walked out of the procedure at 20/20--the surgery was painless and was ten minutes of a pretty light show! I would recommend Dr. Allaman and his team to anyone. His associate staff are delightful and super meticulous. They all loved my millions of questions and had good answers. His skill is legendary and I am so very fortunate to have his services. Thank you SO much for my good vision. What a gift!
Paid (or co-pay): $2700
RID: 2055998
20/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Allaman and the entire staff at the SC Eye Care Medical Group provide unparalleled service and attention to my individual health. My family has been served by he and his staff for more than 10 years and we could not be more satisfied. On my recent visit, the front office worked diligently to accommodate my busy schedule. Upon arrival, my chart was ready. The check in was seamless and I was treated promptly. At no time did I feel rushed or less than important. Dr. Allaman performed a in depth examination of my eyes. His procedures were thorough and throughout the exam, he clearly explained what he was looking for and the health of my eyes. After he completed the process, he spent a significant amount of time explaining my eye health care. At age 50, I know this aspect of my health requires careful attention and Dr. Allaman was faithful to detail the best methods of care, hygiene and frequency of follow up visits required to insure my best vision. I highly recommend Dr. Allaman.  Respond
RID: 2001885
09/04/12 5 5 5 5 Hello. I have been going to Dr. Allaman for 10 yrs. I would like to share my experiences. I have found Dr. Allaman to be a wonderful eye doctor & surgeon. I had laser surgery in both eyes. I have diabetes and my eyes are harder to treat than most. He's taken very good care of me to keep my eyes in good health, going back to see him about every 4 months. He is a very kind man and helps out low-income people; otherwise I would not be getting such professional help. I recommend him to everyone. Sincerely, Mary
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1828123
01/04/12 5 5 5 5 Cataract surgery requires multiple visits and each has left me with a positive feeling about the care I received. Dr. Allaman runs a busy, high quality operation.
RID: 1827341
31/03/12 5 4 5 5 My recent eye surgery was handled professionally and with great care. All of my questions were answered. The staff kept me informed about next steps and any changes to the procedure, appointments, etc.  Respond
RID: 1739556
13/03/12 5 5 5 5 Skill is at the top of the list. Dr. Allaman is bright, accomplished and expert in his profession. He was recommended to me by an R.N. who worked with him in the O.R. She stated, "He is a remarkable physician and surgeon; he would be my absolute first choice." I have now been a patient for several years and can fully appreciate that he is a good detective in terms of making the right diagnosis and giving the proper treatment; he has a teacher's mindset and always provides a setting to detail all aspects of his care and recommended treatment. He is approachable, compassionate and interested in his patients. I have referred patients to him who have undergone surgery and are extremely pleased with his care. I will remain extremely grateful that Dr. Allaman came into my life at a time when I was having significant eye complications. His care and treatment program changed the quality of my life and I would highly recommend him without any reservations. His staff is superb as well.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1733761
10/03/12 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Allaman for over ten years. I have always been very satisfied with my visits. He is very thorough with his examination and takes his time to explain to me my diagnosis. He makes me feel comfortable and at ease in his office.
RID: 1715497
16/02/12 5 4 5 5 Just completed second cataract surgery with Dr. Allaman. Outstanding surgeon, no complications. Extremely efficient and well-organized office and surgery staff. Be sure to do your homework re type of lens that is best for you; Medicare does not cover premium (e.g., multifocal, astigmatism-correcting) lenses.
RID: 1042796
25/11/09 5 4 5 5 My mother had surgery with Dr. Allaman, with a premium lens, and is DELIGHTED with her vision. He is knowledgable and professional and his staff is very caring. She has recommended him to several of her friends!
RID: 868208
22/04/09 5 4 1 2 Arrogant and pushy, as the previous rater expressed. May try to sell extravagant lenses that have been found to be ineffective. Heard a story that one of his patients screamed at office staff, "Get these (lenses) out of me". Dr. Alleman can be rude too. Do not recommend him. He's a good surgeon but gives non-existent care if you have a complication. Overbooks his patients. Standing room in his waiting room. He even has his staff administer eyedrops to you as you are waiting in public. Pathetic service!
RID: 618295
13/06/08 5 4 5 5 Very professional setting. Kind and pleasant staff. Top notch care. Restored eye sight to my parents who are thrilled beyond belief.  Respond
RID: 482036
11/01/08 1 1 1 1 arrogant and pushy regarding surgery that my insurance did not cover and which i later found out from another surgeon wasn't even really needed.
* - Rating left by a registered user