Dr. Christen Allaman

Rate Dr. Christen Allaman

Dr. Christen Allaman's Ratings

Skill is at the top of the list. Dr. Allaman is bright, accomplished and expert in his profession. He was recommended to me by an R.N. who worked with him in the O.R. She stated, "He is a remarkable physician and surgeon; he would be my absolute first choice." I have now been a patient for several years and can fully appreciate that he is a good detective in terms of making the right diagnosis and giving the proper treatment; he has a teacher's mindset and always provides a setting to detail all aspects of his care and recommended treatment. He is approachable, compassionate and interested in his patients. I have referred patients to him who have undergone surgery and are extremely pleased with his care. I will remain extremely grateful that Dr. Allaman came into my life at a time when I was having significant eye complications. His care and treatment program changed the quality of my life and I would highly recommend him without any reservations. His staff is superb as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Allaman for over ten years. I have always been very satisfied with my visits. He is very thorough with his examination and takes his time to explain to me my diagnosis. He makes me feel comfortable and at ease in his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Just completed second cataract surgery with Dr. Allaman. Outstanding surgeon, no complications. Extremely efficient and well-organized office and surgery staff. Be sure to do your homework re type of lens that is best for you; Medicare does not cover premium (e.g., multifocal, astigmatism-correcting) lenses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2012

My mother had surgery with Dr. Allaman, with a premium lens, and is DELIGHTED with her vision. He is knowledgable and professional and his staff is very caring. She has recommended him to several of her friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2009

Arrogant and pushy, as the previous rater expressed. May try to sell extravagant lenses that have been found to be ineffective. Heard a story that one of his patients screamed at office staff, "Get these (lenses) out of me". Dr. Alleman can be rude too. Do not recommend him. He's a good surgeon but gives non-existent care if you have a complication. Overbooks his patients. Standing room in his waiting room. He even has his staff administer eyedrops to you as you are waiting in public. Pathetic service!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Very professional setting. Kind and pleasant staff. Top notch care. Restored eye sight to my parents who are thrilled beyond belief.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008

arrogant and pushy regarding surgery that my insurance did not cover and which i later found out from another surgeon wasn't even really needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][907641].votes_count ]]