Rate Dr. John Dimock

Dr. John Dimock's Ratings

On my first visit he started out by talking with his mouthful and asked me a few queations after. Then spent approximately 25 minutes complaining about his ex wife leaving him the day before. Also completely made fun of me, saying i must be a drug addict cause of the town i grew uo in. I went back for a follow up on the meds he gave me for borderline personality disorderand again complained about his ex wife, asking me over and over if I knew a woman named Amy, which I dont. Once again made fun of where I grew up, and then said I must be steal from work cause thats what people like me do. Also when I told him I want to kill myself he told me to not think of it it and just be happy. Horrible psychiatrist, arrogant, and extremely unprofessional. Surprised he hasnt been sued yet.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2628738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Dr. Dimock is calm, intense listener, systematic, caring, and willing to be tough on you, if it solves root issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

He was 20 minutes late, consistently confrontational and accusatory, and did not allow me to discuss my symptoms. I won't be filling the prescription he gave me, since he wrote it without ever allowing me to talk about my symptoms, and I certainly won't be taking him up on his suggestion that I return to him for therapy. Seeing him was a hugely discouraging experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

This site is unbelievable. This doctor has no staff-runs a busy practice alone, yet gets 3 stars for staff. Need one say more about this useless and slanderous site. The only reason you dont get sued is that you are American and therefore apparently untouchable. Get a Canadian site you cowards.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2608909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

saw him for three sessions, the worst things is that you felt better before seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2571348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

This guy lacks the most basic of bedside manners. He is condescending and arrogant to say the very least. His treatment is solely PRESCRIPTIVE. Don't bother asking questions, or expressing your concerns. They will only be ignored. He is a know it all who couldn't care less about his patients. Oh and don't be surprised if he "recommends" for you to see a therapist by the name of Shelley Briscoe Dimock (his wife). What a joke!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2491376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2468280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Poor knowledge, in medicine and pharmacology in general. Does not know much psychiatry in general. Good in talking.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2481666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I was referred to Dimock because I had questions about side effects of lamictal during a potential illness. Dimock didn't answer my question about the risks and potential for side effects, and told me that the original psychiatrist didn't know what he was doing when he put me on lamictal (I've been on it for 5 years and it has done exactly what it needed to.) Dimock told me I could go off lamictal by reducing the dosage 25 mg a week for a month- my original doctor advised tapering over 6-10 months and from everything I've read it would be extremely dangerous to taper faster. Dimock did not offer me a follow-up appointment to check in- just told me to go home and taper the lamictal down on this very fast schedule with no supervision. He also lacked basic knowledge about similar medications I wanted to compare with lamictal. Self-absorbed to the point of distraction: my favorite quote from the appointment "Did you notice my tie? It has naked women on it."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

To make a long story short, he prescribed me Piportil 25 mg without telling me the side effects or much of anything about it. I developed serious tardive dyskinesia in my right hand. I had a lawyer lined up to sue the doctor, but the 2 year window had passed. If you need a real psychiatrist, please consult the Royal Ottawa Hospital. There's some reason why he doesn't work there anymore. Hope that helps!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908356].votes_count ]]