Rate Dr. Richard J. Kennedy

Dr. Richard J. Kennedy's Ratings

Terrible experience with Dr. Kennedy. Staff is unprofessional and he doesn't seem to care about his patients. That's a scary thought when your dealing with severe allergies!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I saw Dr. Kennedy this week for an allergy and pulmonary function test, the allergy test was simple & the nurse, Monique was fantastic. I also have no allergies I didn't know about (only allergic to cats). However, my pulmonary function test did not have very good results (I've had a chronic cough for almost a year with shortness of breath), he gave me strong inhalers free of charge and will be seeing him again next month. Asked me a lot of questions and is very thorough, however I found he isn't very descriptive about what condition I have, he just said I have bad lung disease but didn't diagnose me nor elaborate. I had a PF test in Vancouver in April 2014 and that one was normal, so I don't know what's changed since then; wish I knew what condition I have.. apparently it's not asthma. Overall, Dr. Kennedy is a knowledgeable doctor and is thorough, however I wish he was better at elaborating/explaining my condition which will go undiagnosed till I see my family doc next week.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I have seen him twice and am extremely disappointed. His staff are unprofessional, and will argue with each other in the waiting room. It is a huge waiting line every time i've been in and it is clear that he is simply rushing you through as fast as possible. When I did receive the allergy testing he just emailed me "you are allergic to soy and milk, don't eat these." No report or anything. I waited 2 hours to get in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Dr. Kennedy was prompt and efficient, both are things I appreciate. He's not much of a talker but when he sees a medical concern he addresses it. Some of my results were not ideal so he suggested a treatment plan and ensured I had a follow up in 3 weeks. I have been a patient at his practice for approx 4 years, I get allergy shots every spring. There were new concerns regarding allergies in the last 6 months and when the scratch tests didn't show a reaction, he moved to the next step, where an obvious reaction was present. I am very confident in his skills. I don't need a doc to be chatty with me, I need one to be efficient and respect my time and concerns. He did exactly that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

I liked Dr Kennedy. He's not the smiliest or friendliest doctor, but he asked all the right questions, did all the tests I needed, and determined what was wrong with me. Gave me recommendations, both for diet and seasonal allergies. Overall, I thought he was great. I'd have no problem recommending him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2012

We took our 8yr old to Dr Kennedy for allergy testing. He has no bedside manners at all, very matter of fact, and un-personable.The woman who actually preformed the allergy testing was wonderful, and very friendly. She noted several things my son was reacting to very strongly, yet when Dr Kennedy examined my son quite some time later he made no mention of those reactions. I am not sure if Dr Kennedy just didn't know what substances the reactions were from or if he waited too long and those reactions were less severe by the time he examined my son. I did not receive a report or information other than, a photocopy sheet about molds.I left feeling like I wasted my time and money. And I not be returning and I will be asking My family Dr to refer us to a different allergist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2011

Dr Kennedy conducted a series of skin tests on our 16 month old daughter. He scribbled a list of foods that she was allergic to including nuts, wheat, egg, dairy and soy and told us that we should avoid all other foods that fell within those food "families". He told us to get an epi-pen and that we should come back in 2 years time. The problem was that there were several inconsistencies in his hand written notes and to date it has been 7 weeks and we have not received any consultation notes. We cannot get a referral to a dietician without these notes. Do you have any idea what it is like to try and feed a 16 month old with that many restrictions? To make things worse, she still suffers terribly. We have called Dr Kennedy's no less than 4 times with no resolution. I could not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2011

I was on a wait list for almost 6mo, when i finally did get in to see the dr. he was less than impressed to hear about my family history and my lifetime of asthma, eczema and severe allergies. A extremely large scratch test was done on my back and I got bloodwork done as well. When the results came back and I questioned why according to his tests i'm not allergic to the foods I react to his response was to give my strong antihistamines. Im not seeing him to be medicated, I want solution. It has now been 2 months and I have yet to recieve any documents showing what exactly he tested and they will not send me the consultation notes for my reference. When a person has severe reactions to food and other environmental things you would think a dr would have a bit more concern or urgency to figure out the problem..Its time for this old guy to throw in the towel, a absolute waste of my money!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

Administered a short allergy skin test. Discussed results with no real recommendations or in depth discussion on potentially life threatening allergies. Very un-empathetic and unuseful. As a young professional he seemed to miss the point on his fiduciary duty for patients. Would not recommend him for anyone with life threatening food allergies expecially parents getting their children tested.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I have suffered from chronic and debilitating hives on my eyes, legs, ears, and trunk for one year. I waited 4 months for this appointment. Finally the day arrived and Doctor Kennedy was running late and did not review my personal or family medical history. He simply passed me off to a technician for skin testing. It was clear that they just moved people through this office every 15 minutes on a conveyor belt. The results were negative so his conclusion was that I had no allergies - end of story. In answer to my questions about whether the hives could be caused by a serious underlying medical problem (e.g. thyroid, liver problems, etc.) he simply said "I doubt it". I had wasted 4 months waiting for an appointment with this so-called specialist and now have to go back to my doctor for another referral. I agree with all the comments here about his unhelpfulness and lack of bedside manner. He should retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][908625].votes_count ]]