Rate Dr. Anthony Vernava

Dr. Anthony Vernava's Ratings

saved my life. 9 years and counting. the best for colon surgery. 7 hour operation with great results.paul schier cape coral, fl

Submitted Aug. 29, 2012 | flag

Excellent results on a resection job at the end of October. I would recommendh him to anyone. He was A #1and his staff was also. I can't thank him enough.

Submitted May 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Vernava is hands down the best colorectal surgeon around. You would be crazy to go anywhere else for your care. He saved my life and I will be forever grateful.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2010 | flag

I have had the good fortune to be a patient of Dr. Vernava since 2006. Having cancer is not good fortune but I do believe when Dr. Moskowitz referred me to Dr. Vernava it was my good fortune. In 2006 Dr. Vernava performed a 7 hour colon cancer surgery and since then I have had two colonoscopies and in December 2009 hernia surgery all performed by Dr. Vernava. Dr. Vernava has been so patient with all my wife’s questions and concerns and she can have a lot. He makes me feel as if I am his only patient. I have gone into all my procedures with complete confidence in both his skill level and also in his genuine concern for my physical and mental wellbeing. My other physicians remind me how fortunate I am that Dr. Vernava came to Naples as he is one of the best in the nation.Dr. Vernava possesses professionalism and caring attitude that definitely assists the healing process. He also a top rated staff!

Submitted Jan. 11, 2010 | flag

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the hospital in Naples, Florida in the late December 2008. Dr. Anthony VERNAVA, a surgeon in this hospital, immediately made a perfect conclusion about the problem in question. I immediately recognized that Dr. Vernava is a high caliber surgeon.I was successfully treated in . After I recovered we stayed in Europe for three months; I have a large number of professional friends there; among them also many medical doctors. Of course, I checked with my medical friends in Austria, Germany and Czech Republic about the reputation of Dr. Anthony Vernava and I got almost unanimously the same answer: “You have been lucky that these two men took care of you”. Obviously, he enjoyed a tremendous international reputation. Overall if I should grade the quality of Dr. Vernava (I can do it since I graded graduate students for almost half a century and produced over 50 Ph.D.s) than the grade A should be extended to AAA.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2009 | flag

excellent colorectal surgical specialist who provided life saving surgery at 2 AM!

Submitted Dec. 3, 2009 | flag

Our experience with Dr. Vernava couldn't have been more positive - While home from college during a spring break, my son experienced discomfort. We were referred to Dr. Vernava by our primary care physician, who diagnosed my son and with the help of his assistant, scheduled surgery for within 24 hours. Due to expert instructions following surgery, my son was able to return to classes on schedule and has been in excellent health. I would highly recommend Dr. Vernava for anyone seeking a surgeon with his specialty.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2009 | flag

Dr. Vernava is knowledgeable and kind. He is an excellent physician and I will go to him again!

Submitted Nov. 19, 2009 | flag

Very helpful and knowledgeable. all surgeries have healed wonderfully. very caring and thoughtfull to the family and myself. he rearranged his schedule so this biopsy could be done and communicated well with the other doctors treating my cancer.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Vernava lacks bedside manner. I had the choice of 2 operations. He performed the operation that I specifically instructed him to NOT do, without good cause because the operation was, I believe, his favorite. The procedure I instructed him to do had less risk and would cause no perm. damage if unsuccessful & if it didn't work. . . I could then do the other operation. He is also a very poor communicator to me.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2008 | flag