Rate Dr. Curtis Joung

Dr. Curtis Joung's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Joung for about 4 years. It took some time for him to get a complete assessment of my needs and overall health. Prior to complete assessment, he did show caution when identifying my medication needs. Now, he knows all if my needs, spends plenty of time getting pain updates, and sees that I don't try to take advantage if his access to a prescription pad. His demeanor has always been wonderful and I consider him top notch! He is very personable and caring. Staff is great, too.

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

I thought I found h help with Dr. Joung. He does have a great bedside manner however he seems to be very paranoid about giving any of his patients any drugs. I have been in pain for many years and he wanted me to originally go for drug testing. It seems that trying to get any type of medication from him is like pulling teeth from a tiger, as he's very tight and very scared that the DEA is going to come in RAID his practice or something. I am not a person that even likes to take drugs however this pain has been immense for so long that it's almost debilitating to my body and mind anymore. Although he does seem to have a very caring and kind demeanor and bedside manner his paranoia seems to overwhelm him when he comes to dispensing the drugs. He should be able to tell his patients that are abusing opposed to those that are not abusing these drugs. I also wish he would spend a little bit more time with you and not feel like, okay what is wrong, you're done, you're out of here, goodbye.

Submitted April 22, 2014 | flag

I agree with a former comment about Dr. Joung treating his patients like addicts. There is a proper time, place and level of pain in which narcotic pain medication is necessary; and he is not happy to prescribe them because of their know miss use. Instead it seems he would rather his patients be miserable, unfunctionable and in emense pain until they get approved for other forms of treatment. His website says he focuses on quality of life but I have yet to see that based on his idea of minimal drug treatment. He does have a good friendly attitute but its like pulling teeth to get any real pain management for temporarily relieve until other treatments can be performed.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Joung for about 2 years now and I really thought I'd found my Dr. for life. So helpful, sympathetic and a great bedside manner. Until, that is, my last visit (and I do mean last) today. With the recent passing of a celebrity, one of his patients stupidly selling their meds, and the dea tightening regulations, he is now so paranoid about getting in trouble he is treating all of his patients like addicts! Cutting all of our meds AND monthly drug tests?! Without telling me he cut my breakthrough pain prescription in HALF!! I've taken the same meds for 10 years and not once had to increase my dosage. I'm not sure who I'm most upset with, the govt. Or my soon to be former dr. for not standing up for his patients who legitimatally need pain meds.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

The most knowledgeable doctor I have ever had the honor to know. All doctors need to lose their God complex and learn from this one.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2008 | flag