Rate Dr. Michael Hill

Dr. Michael Hill's Ratings

When I was six I was misdiagnosed with a massive stroke. When his team came to look at my scans he told my parents as cold heart a person could be that I would never function in a normal school, walk, talk, have function on my right side and that I would both mental and physical limitations and that my parents should prepare for the worse. He then told them that maybe I would be more comfortable in hospice because he suspected that I wouldn't survive the next 24 hours. What a disgraceful man! If I ever see him again, I would smack him right. Old school medicine thinking. What a horrible doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I had been seen by Dr. Hill a few times for a neurological problem earlier, and was so very thankful he happened to be the doctor who attended to my mother who had a severe stroke in December 2012. she was selected to be a part of a stroke study and she had been told several times that most people in her state who had come to hospital never left. He and his team did an amazing job at getting her back to the point where you would not know she had a stroke. He always took the time to answer he questions in layman's terms and the family will be forever grateful for his care, knowledge, and bedside manner which was exceptional. Foothills Hospital is lucky to have such a doctor on staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][910005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

My husband was in the hospital for 67 days after suffering a stroke (5 in total actually). Dr. Hill was very caring and thorough. He knew I needed answers and although he was very blunt in some of his responses, I knew I could count on him to tell me the truth. He brought my husband back up to the neurological ward at Foothills (after he was sent down to the more stable stroke ward) because he was concerned and he wanted to watch him more closely. My husband is recovering amazingly now and I know he is here today because of the excellent staff at Foothills, especially Dr. Hill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][910004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I am a Nurse that works with Dr. Hill. He is an amazing Dr. Caring and very knowledgeable. Always has the patient's best interest at heart. I honestly can not say enough about him. Have yet to hear a negative comment about him. My rating on the staff is biased of course but this site made me enter one...I think we are pretty great as well :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][910003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

Dr Hill was very pleasant and made me feel at ease and very very comfortable. He likes to get to the bottom things. I have been to a lot of doctors that have done nothing for me . I really am looking forward to him finding out what is weong with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][910002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2013

I am one of dr hills patient. I am most likely one of his youngest patients he has had. After I had my daughter dec 2011 he became my doctor. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. Dr hill is one of the most caring and kind doctor I have had. He saw me cry day after day because I wanted to get home to my new born and my son. He worked with me and helped me to get home. He would take the time to talk to me and not rush off like most doctors. As of today I still have some problems but he is working on trying to find out what is wrong. I truly think he is an amazing doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][910001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Nicest Doctor he cares about his patients and gets to the bottom of the problem .he is a one of a kind doctor He is the best there is

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][910000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2010

Exceptional doctor. Calm, knowledgeable, genuine. If you have a question, he'd try to answer it as best as possible. Never talked down to the patient or the family. Exemplifies patient-centered care. A gem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][909999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2009

Dr. Michael Hill is very bright and competent, thorough and caring - and he gets things done. He is EXACTLY the kind of doctor you hope to meet when you are having a stroke or other neurological issues! Thank heavens he is practising in Calgary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][909998].votes_count ]]