Rate Dr. Michael J. McKenna

Dr. Michael J. McKenna's Ratings

I have had and continue to have the best treatment I could hope for by Dr. McKenna and his staff. I feel fortunate to have such an exceptionally medically-schooled expert doctor in Dr. McKenna. I do not need to be nurtured or have a personal "friend" in my doctor. I want my medical situation to have an expert. I feel his expertise and knowledge is superior. His kindness is in a quiet way and is not a Dr. Personality staging. If a patient wants the best medical pain management care, Dr. McKenna is the answer but if a patient wants Dr. Smiley and Dr. Touchy, perhaps they should pursue another doctor who can pump up their ego but be short on an effective pain remedy plan.

Submitted March 18, 2014 | flag

Do not go to this doctor. I went to him because he was rated one of the top ten pain doctors in Vegas. He does not listen to patients. He has ZERO bedside manner. Upon first exam he pressed on my painful areas and caused me so much pain and a bruise. He will speak to you in a demeaning way. The words "compassion", and "feelings" are not in his vocabulary. He is cruel and thoughtless. He was probably rated top ten doctors by the lawyers in Vegas, as they help each other stay rich.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

Submitted July 1, 2013 | flag

Submitted Nov. 29, 2011 | flag

If you want to see a physician who has the bedside manner of Stalin, by all means go see this jerk. I grew up in a home full of doctors and nurses and have seen some of the finest professionals in their fields. This man is not one of them. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2011 | flag

The staff is very friendly and Dr. McKenna was very knowledgeable. I didn't have to wait the customary hour as with most other doctors. Best of all he actually took care of my problem. I am pain free following his treatments. I highly recommend him to others.

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

I was receiving epidural injections in my C-Spine for about 2 years in MI before moving out to Vegas. I tried 3 other Dr's, here in Vegas, who were less interested in continuing what I had experience with that worked and more interested in pushing their pet projects which didn't work, before finding Dr. McKenna. He listened and read my reports then agreed that he would continue the procedures that helped ease my pain and get back to living life. Thank you Dr. McKenna and your wonderful staff. :)

Submitted March 5, 2011 | flag

got me back to work in two weeks, after missing over a month with other doctors

Submitted Aug. 1, 2010 | flag

Avoid this guy if you have any dignity left. I think he is out for the DOLLAR and will sell you anything and everything that is billable to you and your insurance company. Watch out when he cannot sell you any more high priced procedures that do nothing. He will continue to milk the system until you regain your dignity. If you are helped by this guy, you are truely fortunate and blessed.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2009 | flag

Dr. McKenna's PA Mark Knutson Has been seeing me for about 4 years after Dr. McKenna did the 1st consult. He is very knowledgeable and will make time to answer your questions. You are treated like a patient and not a bother. He will work with you to control your pain but will not allow you to be drugged out. He often has information on different medicines that can help with other problems and has no problem of putting you family doctor in the loop so everyone knows what every one else is doing. They all are very concerned with you being able to live a productive life while lowering your pain level. This is one of the few pain clinc that I have found that will take patients without insurance and does give a break for paying cash..God bless them..I finally started using pain intervention when I was about 40 , had lived with bad pain for about 14 years, and now I lead a productive life again. I am now 56,

Submitted June 1, 2009 | flag