Dr. John M. Owens

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:N

Profile updated 05/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. John M. Owens has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5625959

08/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1  Respond
RID: 5486606
20/05/14 1 3 1 1 John Owens passes himself off as a spine specialist. HE IS NOT!!! He also care nothing for his patients. he shows up for spinal surgeries and does nothing other than watch the neuro surgeon do the work!  Respond
RID: 5237816
14/03/14 3 3 1 1 I see another doctor at this office for a different issue who is knowledgeable and helpful. Imagine my surprise when I was referred to this doctor who spent 1 minute with me and then charged for a "long" office visit. He was not helpful and is probably one of the worst doctors I've seen without truly examining the patient.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2774179
18/08/13 3 5 5 5 The office staff isn't the best. The are rude and not bright. Dr. Owens is a wonderful surgeon. I had shoulder and knee surgery and both were 100% successful. I was left with minimal scaring. He is big on conversation but do want a fine surgeon of a baby sitter?
RID: 2238338
12/06/12 2 2 2 2 When I met this doctor, it seemed like he didn't want to be there. Appointments and blood works were not set up properly resulting in delays. I'm in the process of looking for another doctor. This is coming from a registered nurse  Respond
RID: 983517
09/09/09 1 2 1 2 An orthopedist to stand across the room seems odd to me, even after I was describing the pain in my leg.  Respond
RID: 888429
15/05/09 5 5 4 5 dr. owens was always pleasant and accommodating . i had surgery done by him and he was very exact about what would happen. he is not very talkative but he is an excellent dr, and surgeon
RID: 686360
17/09/08 1 5 1 1 His office staff has a callous disregard for your pain. A week after being examined for back pain the prescription medication ran out and I called to ask them to contact the pharmacy to renew it which they refused to do. My next appointment wasn't supposed to be for two more weeks. They wanted me to call back the next day as the doctor was in surgery that day. When I told them that it meant I would be in pain for 24 hours unless I went to an emergency room they still didn't care. They never offered to have another member of the practice help or for Doctor Owens to call when he was done with surgery. At this practice they seem to think it is ok for patients to suffer unnecessarily instaed of having a doctor pick up a phone. Do yourself a favor and find a doctor and staff that actually cares.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 474115
01/01/08 1 1 1 1 Went in for routine rotator cuff surgery, and had my long thoracic severed, and was told my condition was normal and would improve, since surgery have been cut off by the office, won’t answer calls and denies misstate made... DONT USE THIS DOCTOR ROUTINE SURGERYS TURN INTO LIFE ALTERING DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!