Rate Dr. J. Raymond DePaulo

Dr. J. Raymond DePaulo's Ratings

Pyschiatrist-in-Chief, Henry Phipps Professor & Director, Dept Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopksins Hospital. Smoothest of the smooth. Fantastic bedside manner. Outstanding in getting inside your head. Will make you believe he is working for you. A relative had a medication wrongly, dangerously stopped. His initial response, as the Physician in charge of Resident who made error was, "1/2 the staff was out with a virus for an extended period of time, & so the error wasn't timely caught. The nursing staff should have caught it, but didn't." [Truthful] "You know, if emergency surgery were needed, we would have had to stop this medication." [An excuse, & not a relevant response!]. His final written response was that the medication was stopped for a legitimate reason, no mistake was made & restarted timely, at the appropriate time, except for perhaps a minor delay. In short, he is great at "playing you" making you believe he is on your side until it matters. You want this MD?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][914885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. DePaulo was my doctor for two months while I was in the hospital. He is very patient, kind, and knows his stuff better than anyone I've ever seen! He was able to get me feeling better when no one else could. He was also great at returning phone calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][914884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2008

Rude, Snide, Condescending best describes DePaulo for me. He is more interested in research and writing books if you ask me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][914883].votes_count ]]