Rate Dr. Guy F. Brisseau

Dr. Guy F. Brisseau's Ratings

Best surgeon hands down! Performed a few surgeries on my son starting in infency he knows his stuff! And can do it laparoscopically which greatly reduces healing time! Dr Bissau is a great asset to the IWk!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

We first met Dr. Brisseau in 2006 after our daughter was flown from Sydney to the IWK in Halifax with a defect. He was extremely kind and compassionate when we met him in the NICU. Described everything in layman's terms and performed surgery on our newborn when she was just 3 weeks old. Then he saw her frequently afterward for check-ups. Always with a smile on his face. Hands down, he is one of THE best doctors in the Province!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

Fantastic Surgeon he really knows his stuff!! he truly is amazing doing laproscopic nissan's

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

We were transferred to the IWK from Sydney Cape Breton back in Oct 2011. Dr Brisseau operated on my son when he was just 12 days old. He was diagnosed with pyloric stenosis and required surgery so he could keep his feedings down. Dr Brisseau explained the procedure to us and made us feel very comfortable. He was wonderful. My son got along great! And is now a healthy 4 month old. The staff at the IWK were all fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

DR. Brisseau is our angel. My son need three surgeries to repair his imperferated anus and complete a pull-through. I have total trust in Dr. Brisseau and truly believe that he cares about each of his patients. His knowledge is comforting and he was very helpful with us each step of the way. Our son has a Dr. Brisseau bear and we will spend his lifetime telling him about this amazing man who saved his life...I could not say enough good things about him.When we thanks Dr. Brisseau after the first surgery for saving our son's life, his humble response was " I fix kids, that's what I do".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

After a years consideration, our son had the Nuss procedure one week before Christmas. This was performed by Dr Brisseau and his team. They were great, my son is very happy with the results. Recovery was challenging but felt the pain team at the IWk and the subsequent support were really good. Five weeks post op my 13 tr old is back to most normal activities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2011

Our son needed surgery and Dr. Brisseau was wonderful. He explained the procedure to us and our son actually asked to go back to visit him after being released from the hospital. His office accidentally double booked him and we ended up making two trips but it was worth it in the end.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

Dr. Brisseau repaired our son's pectus excavatum. He took the time to explain everything to us and answer all of our questions. We felt confident on the day of surgery that everything would be fine, and it was. He did an excellent job, and he came to see our son after surgery every day while he was in the hospital to ensure that everything was going well. He treated our son with care and encouragement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

I AGREE- HAVE DEALT WITH A FEW PEDIATRIC SURGEONS DR. BRISSEAU IS THE BEST SURGEON IN NOVA SCOTIA...!!!! WHAT A LIFE SAVER

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2009

He's the best surgeon in Nova Scotia, end of story.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][916934].votes_count ]]