Rate Dr. Norman Sobol

Dr. Norman Sobol's Ratings

Dr sobol is an amazing compasionate doctor. He diagnosed my aunt with a rare neurological disease when all other doctors couldnt figure it out. He spends time with the patient and always follows up. I woould definetly recommend him to a friend.

Submitted April 30, 2014 | flag

My husband saw this doctor for hearing problems,vertigo and balance issues.For a doctor whose education far surpasses a regular M.D. I was struck by his level of compassion,his patience and overall time he took with his exam. You left the office with answered questions,a positive outlook and an inner sense of trust that you made the right decision having him as your Doctor.He is aces!

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

Expect to wait over two hours every single time. He doesn't care - has never made an effort to improve it - and does not allow his staff to manage time expectations. You can find better doctors in the area who are more respectful. I gave up on this guy.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sobol is a rare find in NYC- He spent a considerable amount of time figuring out my issue. Another doctor had referred me to him and with good reason. He pinpointed the possible origins of my problem and then explained it to me so that I understood his deductions. He then called for specific tests to clear up any doubt. He did not prescribe any unnecessary drugs,, and did not send me all over NYC for all sorts of unnecessary tests. I feel so very fortunate to have been referred to this fine doctor.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2013 | flag

Doctor sobol is a wonderful doctor. He is caring and knows his medicine. His office staff is helpful. I had a very good experience and he helped with my headaches to the point that they are now gone.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sobol seems to work in cahoots with the pharmaceutical company as he pushes a tremendous amount of medications. Some of which do not work well together, if at all. One minute he gives you a diagnosis then turns around and contradicts himself. The wait time to see him has always been in excess of four hours and the two women that work in the office are ignorant, unprofessional, and lack communicative skills. The office is tiny and smells of body odor. It is usually standing room only and we’ve had to wait in the hallway with other patients as a result. We gave him several chances to allow his treatment/recommendations to work and unfortunately they did not. Dr. Sobol seems to be pleasant and mean well but plays a guessing game when it comes to your health and is definitely into pushing pills versus identifying problems.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag

This wonderful doctor diagnosed my fathers MG after several other doctors failed to do so. He saved my father's life. He's very good. And he has a wonderful manner. I will always be grateful.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

I found him to be a wonderful doctor who returns calls and even calls to see how patient is doing when he is concerned. A real human being. Does not rush you out and spends whatever time is necessary with you.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2007 | flag