Dr. John C. Veltman

Website:
Practice: Panhandle Medicine
Hospital: City Hospital
Phone:304-264-2290
Med. School:Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. John C. Veltman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4289057
23/01/14 5 4 5 5 Dr. Veltman has been my PCP for the past 8 years. In that time, he has not failed to see me if I needed an appointment, nor has he failed to figure out what my medical needs were. He is caring and compassionate and always willing to listen and explain. He and his staff are wonderful. Because he is so caring and thorough, he often runs a bit late in appointments -- I can't fault him for that, though, as I know that he is giving the kind of care that I want. I can only recommend him.  Respond
RID: 3652653
10/01/14 5 5 5 5 This is the first Dr. That has EVER taken the time to explain everything to me in a way I can understand and try everything to find a solution to my many medical problems. He has always refered me to other medical professionals that fit not only my problems but my personality. I can not say enough about the wonderful Dr. that he is, his office personal are just as great!! When walking into his office I feel as if I am walking into my Mom's house where I am truly cared about. I have Leukemia and am 56 years old and in my whole life of seeing Dr.s this is one that REALLY CARES!!! I am so happy that I can call him my Doctor!!! Martinsburg,Wv truly has a GEM in this very caring and knowledgeable man!!
RID: 3608072
17/11/13 5 5 5 5 Wonderful, caring, competent physician. The best dr I have met in 38 yrs.
Paid (or co-pay): $150
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "John" to "John C."
RID: 2875240
24/09/13 1 1 1 1 Never even got to see the dr but I did schedule my first appt and needed to cancel since I got called in to work on sunday to work on monday..I called to cancel first thing on monday since the office was closed over the weekend..when I called back to reschedule they told me since I rescheduled I had to pay them $30..I never even stepped foot in the office and they want me to pay..not that I just didn't call I did call early the day of my appt to reschedule..terrible business..maybe they shouldn't schedule monday appts since you can't call them on a sat or sunday to canc  Respond
RID: 2129882
11/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Veltman is the best Dr in Martinsburg. He takes the time to sit with each patient and explain thier conditions from the flu down to the most complex findings. Always sending for proper tests to ensure correct diagnosis. He is correct 100% of the time. He knows each patient by name and remembers your family situations. He is caring very professional and even checks on u in the evening by calling u to check up on how u r doing.
RID: 1652524
05/12/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Veltman since he took over for Dr. Golden. My whole family uses his services. His staff is always nice and helpful. He has a wonderful bed side manner. He is able to help when the insurance isn " t trying to help. We love his services and find him one of the best doctors in the panhandle area!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1408852
06/04/11 3 4 5 5 Makes you feel very at ease. explans things in simple terms. Best bedside manners of any DR. i have visited
RID: 1275754
20/10/10 5 5 5 5 John is a wonderful doctor it would be great if all were like doctor Veltman. He was an aasociate for years with the late Dr. Golden who was one of the best plastic surgeons around. Hats off to you John and keep up the great work you and your staff.
RID: 1272326
15/10/10 5 3 5 4 The best thing about him is that he doesnt refer you to City Hospital for anything. He always uses Winchester and Washington County and we all know their the best. Good Job Dr Vetlman, I think he's a good all around MD. Always takes time with you and always seems to be on the same level as the Pt. Also he wont hesitate at all if it's something that's over his head or specialty problem cause he's refers you to other good Dr's. He doesnt try to handle something he cant and make a mess of it. For me it's Dr. V all the way.
RID: 1257208
23/09/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Veltman is the best doctor I've had in years! He listens to me and doesn't rush me out the door like most doctors I've had. He answers my questions in full, laymans terms. He always makes sure that I understand fully before I walk out the door. Great Doctor!!! I refer him to everyone I know!
RID: 1187909
11/06/10 5 4 5 4 I find Dr Veltman to be caring, compassionate, knowledgeable,kind and willing to help you . He is always there for you, no matter what the situtaion may be. He is my favorite MD in this area, as well as my son's. My son will drive 2 hrs back home, just to see him, as he likes him so well. I am an RN and I highly recommend him would not hesitate to s. iet si
RID: 1085246
21/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Veltman is so nice and helpful! He explains things to the fullest and you never feel like your rushed out of his office. He makes sure you know what is wrong and what he is going to do to fix it!
RID: 849540
01/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Veltman is ALWAYS very helpful, kind Doctor. Who is very knowledgeable about medicine and how to fix all my aches and pains. He explains your illness in terms that the average patient can understand. He also is very concerned about the cost of healthcare and the meds he prescribes and how it effects your budget. He is great with kids, and my kids would rather go to him rather then their own pediatrician
RID: 823990
10/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr.Veltman is an amazing doctor who has always fixed my family right up. He explains what the problem is in terms you can understand and how he's going to fix it.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 537281
13/03/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Veltman is a down to earth dr that has helped our family through some tough times. HE and his staff are wonderful.