You may also like

Rate Dr. H. Matt El-Kadi

Dr. H. Matt El-Kadi's Ratings

Dr, El Kadi and his team of about 5 other surgeons did a spinal fusion in my neck, levels c4-7, 4 years ago,
I went and met with numerous surgeons in NY prior to meeting with.Dr, El.Kadi and Dr, El.Kadi made me feel most comfortable and reassured,

My neck has never felt better and Dr. El Kadi is an excellent.neurosurgeon,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I went to Dr. El-Kadi a few years ago, do yourself a favor and run. Well if your looking for a neurosurgeon you probably can't run, but look elsewhere. After I had a lower spinal fusion, I still was having extreme pain, couldn't walk well, told the Dr. and he ignored everything I said. He told me that the surgery was a success and I should be better. I cant believe he has a 41/2 star rating. Went to another surgeon and he couldn't understand why he fused my spine the way he did... Hopefully you find a Doctor that cares.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2720786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

After having surgery at L4,L5,and S1. I came out of surgery and for the first time in what seems like forever the sciatica pain was gone. Seven months later I returned to him because I had pain and it hurt to walk. He did some testing and told me I was fine. I'm pretty sure if I can barely walk and in pain that I'm not fine. My husband talked me into going to Cleveland Clinic. He had to do another surgery. He came out after surgery and told my husband that the donor bone used for fusion was bad and that I had loose hardware. How did dr El-Kadi not realize that. It makes me angry when a dr dismisses what your telling them. He did a great surgery, but when something was wrong from the surgery he did I was dismissed and back to pain management. Pain medicine is not what I wanted. He would of been a great dr if he would of listened to me and checked if my surgery was still good.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2678232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I am scheduled to go into surgery next Monday with doctor El Kadi, even though I am so nervous but I am confident in Dr. El Kadi and know everything will go smooth!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2596226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Since December 2013 I had pain in the lower back and down my legs into my feet. I had PT from January, plus an MRI (that showed Stenosis) and an EPI shot, and walked and walked. The local neurosurgeons (southern tier NYS) did not have a good record with infection rates. A nurse friend from Erie told me about Dr El-Kadi, we drove 6 hours to see him. He has an efficient organization, spends little face-time with you, but enough. Procedures to eliminate infections were impressive. He said I had tried everything, and he could help..and he did. I'm now 2 weeks post-op, and pain-free. And no sign of infection.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

He and his staff explained my symptoms, causes, and how to fix them. They explained how the surgery would go and answered any question I had. I saw the Dr before the surgery and he followed up with me the next morning. I'd recommend Dr El-Kadi to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I was in so much pain and very scared. Dr El Kadi and his staff made the surgery ( ACDF) as quickly as I needed and my pain is gone. I can't thank them enough for calming my fears and relieving my pain.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2506173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Dr. El Kadi and his staff are so
kind & considerate. Took an ample amount of time to go over my MRI and explain what needed to be done to correct my spinal stenosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

7/25/2014 I am writting this after I have just received a letter from Dr. El Kadis office stating he can longer treat me due to my high level of expectation of care. Im sorry when it comes to my spine what level of expectation of care should I have? I went to this doctor as a second opinion. I have spine stenosis, bone spurs, moderate pinched nerves, and a tumor (atypical hemangioma) on my t-11. I trusted his advice which was a chiropractor and pain management. I am only 31 years old and I was not happy with the options but trusted him and tried both. The chiropractor did not work and the steroid shot from pain management only lasted a few weeks so I called to speak with him and discuess other options. The staff did not know what prescriptions I was on and had to call me back three times to figure it out. They refused to order a mri on the section of my neck I was havibg having recurring pain in. So when I became upset and demanded someonr take interest they drop me.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2481720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

I sought out Dr. El-Kadi as a second opinion for my spinal stenosis after receiving not so good news from the first doctor. Almost immediately he found my problem and ordered more tests that were necessary. The first doctor focused on my lower back whereas the main and most important issue was in my neck and if it weren't for Dr. El-Kadi ordering the cervical MRI and catching this problem, I could have been paralyzed or under went unnecessary lower back surgery, which also could have paralyzed me. He was very knowledgable in his field and my entire family was very appreciative of this. His experience was evident from the moment we met him. Surgery went well and finally after many years, I am pain free and on the road to recovery thanks to his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433188].votes_count ]]