Rate Dr. H. Matt El-Kadi

Dr. H. Matt El-Kadi's Ratings

I am scheduled to go into surgery next Monday with doctor El Kadi, even though I am so nervous but I am confident in Dr. El Kadi and know everything will go smooth!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Since December 2013 I had pain in the lower back and down my legs into my feet. I had PT from January, plus an MRI (that showed Stenosis) and an EPI shot, and walked and walked. The local neurosurgeons (southern tier NYS) did not have a good record with infection rates. A nurse friend from Erie told me about Dr El-Kadi, we drove 6 hours to see him. He has an efficient organization, spends little face-time with you, but enough. Procedures to eliminate infections were impressive. He said I had tried everything, and he could help..and he did. I'm now 2 weeks post-op, and pain-free. And no sign of infection.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

He and his staff explained my symptoms, causes, and how to fix them. They explained how the surgery would go and answered any question I had. I saw the Dr before the surgery and he followed up with me the next morning. I'd recommend Dr El-Kadi to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I was in so much pain and very scared. Dr El Kadi and his staff made the surgery ( ACDF) as quickly as I needed and my pain is gone. I can't thank them enough for calming my fears and relieving my pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Dr. El Kadi and his staff are so
kind & considerate. Took an ample amount of time to go over my MRI and explain what needed to be done to correct my spinal stenosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

7/25/2014 I am writting this after I have just received a letter from Dr. El Kadis office stating he can longer treat me due to my high level of expectation of care. Im sorry when it comes to my spine what level of expectation of care should I have? I went to this doctor as a second opinion. I have spine stenosis, bone spurs, moderate pinched nerves, and a tumor (atypical hemangioma) on my t-11. I trusted his advice which was a chiropractor and pain management. I am only 31 years old and I was not happy with the options but trusted him and tried both. The chiropractor did not work and the steroid shot from pain management only lasted a few weeks so I called to speak with him and discuess other options. The staff did not know what prescriptions I was on and had to call me back three times to figure it out. They refused to order a mri on the section of my neck I was havibg having recurring pain in. So when I became upset and demanded someonr take interest they drop me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

I sought out Dr. El-Kadi as a second opinion for my spinal stenosis after receiving not so good news from the first doctor. Almost immediately he found my problem and ordered more tests that were necessary. The first doctor focused on my lower back whereas the main and most important issue was in my neck and if it weren't for Dr. El-Kadi ordering the cervical MRI and catching this problem, I could have been paralyzed or under went unnecessary lower back surgery, which also could have paralyzed me. He was very knowledgable in his field and my entire family was very appreciative of this. His experience was evident from the moment we met him. Surgery went well and finally after many years, I am pain free and on the road to recovery thanks to his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Dr. El-Kadi is confused at best and is all over the board. I am switching neurosurgeons to one located at AGH. He prescribed physical therapy for my c5-c6 herniated disc after the first appointment and then when that did not work, at the follow up appointment he said "we'll prescribe physical therapy for you". Surgery at this appointment was recommended and then at my latest appointment he said "since you don't have any more pain in your arm, I cannot help you surgically speaking and you'll have to go through pain management". He barely spends any time with you and is walking out the door before he's even done. There are similar reviews about him and there is not enough space in this rating page to tell the entire story. Stay away is the best advice I can give. It has been just over 2 months since my accident and I am in no better shape than I was the day the injury occurred on 1/2/2014.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918217].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr El-Kadi is straight-forward and no-nonsense in his approach. He read my MRI, told me what my problem was and stated categorically that he could correct it with surgery...very clear guidance. On this same Friday afternoon, his staff worked magic to get me scheduled into a slot that had just opened up on his Monday surgery schedule. This included a pre-surgery exam, all blood test scripts, and pre-op X-rays. On Monday morning, doctor El-Kadi performed the surgery and, open waking up from the general anesthesia, I was amazed to find that all pain associated with my herniated disc was completely gone. I just had my 2-week follow-up with him today, and cleared for work with a regimen of PT - but completely pain free!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

After a car accident on 07/06/2011 I suffered with a herniated disc. I completed many physical therapy sessions and the epidurals with no relief. On 05/30/2012 Dr. El-Kadi performed a cervical discectomy on C5-C6. I had immediate relief after surgery. He did exactly what he said he was going to do. I can not say enough about him as a Doctor. He has to be in the top 10 rated Drs in the north east.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918215].votes_count ]]