Dr. Christopher Cannova

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Christopher Cannova has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: are ceramic hip replacements breakable ?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.9
RID: 3603184
12/11/13 4 3 4 4 I had my right knee replaced after at least 2 years of seeking out all the highest rated surgeons. Dr. Cannova is by far the best educated experienced and knows his field. He is low key but does not sell you a line he doesn't need to he has people lining up for his work. I was extremly cautious and I found him to be exactly the right doctor for me. I would go back to him if I ever need any surgery on my knees in a heartbeat. He is the best around. You may have to wait but I would rather wait for the best then just walk in for an amatuer who is about to cut my body open. He is worth the wait.
RID: 2757883
09/08/13 2 1 5 5 Dr. Cannova is excellent, but dealing with the office is not so pleasant. While the staff is nice enough, they are not organized to give the patient a good experience. It is hard to get through on the phone, and I have waited, either in the waiting room or in the exam rooms, for up to an hour. I have always waited at least 20 minutes. We can all understand emergencies, but this is my consistent experience. If you have plenty of time and patience, the care is worth the wait.
RID: 2597371
22/03/13 3 1 2 4 Little consultation or discussion and no follow-up phone call. I waited more than an hour to see Dr. Cannova. He spent all of 5 minutes with me. I needed a hip replacement and he was a referral. I also chose him because he lists the anterior approach (minimally invasive, from the front) as one his specialties. When he finally saw me, he showed me my X Rays, told me he uses ceramic parts, and asked when I wanted surgery. I said ASAP and he sent me to see his surgery coordinator. She took my info and gave me a 100 page booklet about the surgery and rehab. After returning home, I read the information and discovered that he scheduled me for the posterior approach (from the rear, long recovery period). I called and talked to the surgery coordinator and said I didn't want this type surgery. She said she would have Dr. Cannova call me in a couple of days. He didn't (it's been several weeks now, still no call), so I cancelled my surgery and took my body and money elsewhere.
RID: 1310333
08/12/10 5 5 5 5 I had hip replacement surgery with Dr. Cannova. My recovery was incredibly quick with almost no pain. I would recommend him to anyone of my friends or family.
RID: 1080734
16/01/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Cannova performed a total hip replacement in November 2009 after diagnosis of avascular necrosis. Had minimal debilitation from the surgery and spectacularly quick recovery. Cannova is very low key but just a couple years out of residency from the top NYC orthopedic hospital. He does the posterior incision which is better for patient recovery. Nurses and PTs at Suburban all sang his praises. I couldn't be happier -- so lucky I found him listed here. Other patients at physical therapy told me he is also gifted at knee replacement surgery.
RID: 705596
20/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cannova replaced both my knees at one time and I had little, if any pain or motion problems. He is receptive to questions, does not push your decision, and is really a joy to know. He's changed my life and I'm a person who doesn't like hospitals and had a very bad experience with a "good" doctor when I had my hip replaced a couple of years ago. He has impeccable credentials and a wonderful bedside manner. I give him the highest recommendation.
RID: 510005
10/02/08 5 5 5 5 Very professional Doctor. Did not coerce into surgery immediately - very thoughtful and caring.
Insurance: GHI