Rate Dr. Eli Avisar

Dr. Eli Avisar's Ratings

avisar es excelente cirujano estoy muy feliz con mi cirujia ya que apenas se nota y el es increible lo adoro

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Avisar is an excellent doctor. Very compassionate, caring and extremely involved in all aspects of his patients. He was very assertive in treating me and I owe him my life.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

Wow.. I thank God for Dr. Avisar! He is an incredible human being & knowledgeable Doctor. He performed a lumpectomy & did a beautiful job that both of my breast look better now then before, This surgeon's hands are magical. I'm blessed by God, that Dr. Avisar help me during the most difficult time of my life. He is truly a world class doctor. I recommend him. I'm a breast cancer survivor - Piedad from Water Dept.

Submitted March 10, 2011 | flag

Dr Avisar is not only a wonderful & knowledgeable surgeon but a compassionate, caring, understanding individual. I cannot say enough about Dr Avisar & his staff. The scar from my surgery is not visible! I had no pain; only minor discomfort that was alleviated w 2 Tylenols. I did not take 1 prescription pain pill during my ordeal. Dr Avisar maybe tardy but it is because it takes his time w his patients, answers ALL questions, & stays late to give individualized attention to each patient. I can not say enough about how wonderful, caring, & dedicated this man is. He made time in his schedule to perform my surgery two days after my consult. He didn’t have an opening but made time because he knew how worried I was. If I ever need another surgery or a biopsy Dr Avisar would be the only doctor I would consider. I would travel anywhere to have him review my medical situation. My husband says not only did Dr Avisar take excellent care of me but he saved our sanity.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr Avisar is not just an excellent doctor, he is an incredible human being. Dr Avisar is extremely knowledgeable and a perfectionist. Yes, the appointments might be delayed, but I'm always happy to wait for him as long as it takes, I know he is helping some else the same way he helped me when I went for a consultation and he decided I needed a biopsy, I asked him if he could do it right then and there and after a few minutes he said YES I'll do it now. He knew he had plenty of other patients waiting, but he also knew I was under a lot of stress after finding a lump on my breast. Finally, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. At my request, Dr. Avisar arranged my surgery as soon as possible, and made sure I also had one of the best reconstructive surgeons present at the same time he was performing the operation. All I can say is I'm glad I have the opportunity to be in the hand of the best doctor in Florida.

Submitted June 2, 2010 | flag

Dr. Avisar went above and beyond the call of duty. He made a t-4 stomach cancer with almost zero chances of survival into a reality. Because of his courage, determination, and persistence, he proceeded with a very aggressive surgery, one which very few surgeons would have dared to undertake. Because of his abilities I am alive and cancer free today. As far as his personality is concerned, some say that he is arrogrant and dry; however given the nature of his job, and how seriously committed he is to his patients, such personality traits are understandable and do not undermine his competencies as a professional. Each of my visits with him lasted 45 minutes to one hour and this is probably why he sometimes runs late. He is an excellent doctor. Gerard Perez

Submitted March 16, 2009 | flag

While he seemed knowledgable, his manner was quite aversive to me. He was an hour and a half late for my appointment. I saw that as arrogent, rude, egocentric and unprofessional. It didn't help that he lectured me about reading the medical literature on the drug that the referring surgeon had mentioned - the side effects scared me to death. The lecture seemed SERIOUSLY disrespectful of an informed consumer. This guy is so fired.

Submitted July 24, 2008 | flag

Dr. Avisar saved my life when I was given a 10% chance to live by my local surgeons. I was transfered to Miami where I met him. He seems a bit dry at times, but once you make it past the somewhat silent bedside manner you'll find a Doctor that genuinely cares about his patients. I was bleeding internally a week after an open cholecystectomy. He had left for a conference in Atlanta the day I was to be discharged and then they discovered the bleeding. While his staff and residents did a great job taking care of me he flew back on the first available flight home to help me. Dr. Avisar is something special and a great asset to the state of Florida. He's the kind of Doctor that will fight for you and with you.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2007 | flag