Dr. Susan Russell

Rate Dr. Susan Russell

Dr. Susan Russell's Ratings

Too bad she had a child with a doctor who has hair plugs! I think he has an impulse control disorder--he just cannot control his anger!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918906].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 8, 2011

She is the best pediatrician I have taken my 3 kids to here in Ottawa!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

Dr. Russell was simply amazing. A great comfort to my family and she will be very much missed. It seems clear from the newsclipping I've attached she is in NFLD for good (not sure why, but this newslink was removed from a previous post?!?). I wish her all the success in the world in NFLD with her family. http://www.thewesternstar.com/index.cfm?sid=329263&sc=23

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

I knew from Appletree that Dr.Russell is already practicing in NFL and they do not know if she will be back. The new pediatrician Dr. Ahmed Ahmed is not replacing her but establishing his practice as a consultant. Dr. Russell's regular patients are being forwarded to family physicians. Unfortunately Dr. Ahmed is not registering new patients for continuity of care, however is easily accessible through referals and walk in patients. From my first visit to him, he seems to be a caring and professional pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

gosh, DR Russell is a nice ped with good bedside manner... too bad she doesn't work in Ottawa anymore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

Doctor Russell is fantastic. I have been trying to get back to see her, as she claimed she would be back in Feb. but the office doesn't give me a return date. If anyone knows when she will return, or have found another doctor similar to her approach please post. Doctors like her are hard to come by.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

I dont know whether or not I should say I was lucky or unlucky to get my son into Dr Russell's care before she went on maternity leave. My son, now 6 months, only saw her twice for his first 2 appointments after which she went on maternity leave. Since then, the "replacements" have been horrible, long waits, questions unanswered, unhelpful advice. The Appletree staff has not been able to give me any details about whether or not Dr Russell will be returning. Needless to say, I will be looking for a new pediatrician and feel extremely disatisfied, disapointed and duped by this whole situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2010

Our 3 children saw Dr. Russell for a year before she went on mat leave. She is fabulous. Unfortunately it appears she will not be returning - Appletree dodges all questions about possible return dates. We have had 3 appointments with her replacement and are not satisfied at all: over an hour late for a booked appointmen, not very informative, borderline condescending, and he does not take same day appointments. He is the complete opposite of Dr. Russell. We will be looking for a new pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2010

It seems Appletree has a new pediatrician now, Dr. Ahmed Ahmed. It is unclear if he is filling in or taking over from Dr. Russell. But they have rescheduled all my son's appointments with him now. I dont see any ratings for him yet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2010

Dr. Russell is amazing with both of my Children. As another mother mentioned, Appletree has 'rearranged' apts for me, and that can be frustrating. Dr. Russell has always been very helpful and encouraging with my breastfeeding, especially through some of my own physical complications associated with breastfeeding! I have the utmost respect for her and am so happy to have her as my boys' pediatrician. Lots of toys and books to let the kids play while in the room, and she uses the toys to be able to see developmental achievements, very hands-on! I never feel rushed when i am with her with my children, and always feel like i am involved and happy with my children's health care. She is always there and happy to answer questions and discuss treatments etc. I Highly recommend Dr. Russell!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][918897].votes_count ]]