Dr. Nani Kanen

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Nani Kanen has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5590586
01/07/14 5 4 5 5 Dr.Kanen is by far the best doctor I've ever experienced in my life, and believe me, with my complicated medical problems, I've seen quite few of them. Dr.Kanen is very, very knowledgable, extremely intuitive, sensible, very detailed oriented, with very sophisticated bedside manners! I felt important, everything felt just right. The office is spacious, very tastefully done, classy. The staff is very friendly, nice & caring. A little bit of waiting time, but with such a wonderful doctor, I don't mind to wait!!!
Respond

22/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.0

25/09/13 SYSTEM: Last Name changed from "Khananashvili" to "Kanen"
RID: 2635919

30/04/13 1 1 1 1
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1539921
17/09/11 4 5 5 5 Dr.Kanen is the best doctor I've ever had! Intelligent, caring, thorough, very good listener, very empathetic with your problems, has very nice bedside manners...you just feel that she is there for you, for your needs, you feel like she is your friend, someone you can really trust...& I really trust her my & my entire family's health...Some people are just born to be a doctor...It's her, she's got it all...I highly recommend her to everyone...
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1511181
12/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Khananashvili is a Health Grades five-star doctor,how come she was rated as 1.1 out of 7  Respond
RID: 1485706
13/07/11 5 4 5 5 Amazing Doctor! Very caring staff with a convenient location  Respond
RID: 1364096
15/02/11 1 1 1 1 The rude staff makes continual mistakes and decisions w/out consenting the doctors. Dr. Nani is stubborn, unprofessional and appears to have a wizard of oz complex. I am Hoping no one will die at the hands of this horrible practice. YOU CAN DO SOMETHING--PLEASE REPORT THEM TO THE CALIFORNIA MEDICAL BOARD AND YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.  Respond
RID: 1338796
17/01/11 2 1 1 1 So terrible. I found Dr. Nani when new to the bay area because I was in a pinch to get a physical and help with minor anxiety. I called, and got in for an appt about 2wks later. I arrived for the appt and waited for an hour. After a sit-down chat, she told me to come back for an EKG as part of my physical. Did the EKG and blood work on a 2nd visit (why couldn't we do it during 1st visit?? $$). At the second appointment, she also prescribed me highly addictive anxiety medication (I'm 22, wtf) and told me to follow up after doing my own research. I did the research and got a call from her office telling me I had to come back anyway because something didn't come back right on my physical. Alarmed, I returned (2wks later) to find out I'm allergic to mold. Great, thanks for the worry. She didn't address my anxiety. Now, while I find another doc, she won't give me additional anxiety meds, and I'm racking up urgent care bills bc even if you've got the flu, appts are scheduled a week out. RUN.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 963811
16/08/09 1 1 1 1 Basically I knew from the first visit I would not come back. Staff copied my drivers lic. LIKE I was a criminal. The office was old and rund down. Worst thing though I went for shortness of breath and referral was supposed to be put in. One week latter nothing, the staff never did it and the doctor didn't follow through. I sent a fax, still nothing. This place is a puppy mill, push as many patients through, don't follow through with referrals. Yell at staff, I am the QUEEN attitude. Russian weirdness.....bark, some doctors create their own chaos and enjoy it!
RID: 806628
03/03/09 1 1 1 1 This doctor's office is horrible. The building and office has horrible upkeep and smells pretty bad. My wife and I scheduled an appointment to receive an injection vaccination for my wifes nursing school, but after we paid there fee she wrote a description and had us running around to four different pharmacies that didn't carry it. We called ahead of time to make sure they carried this vaccination. After the Dr. and I got into a verbal confontration on my dissatisfaction and demanded a refund, she instructed me that she was not going to charge my insurance. Several months later her and her billing department still charged our insurance. I will summarize that doctors due to insurance pressures, and greed have now become more corrupt and dishonest than the ex-governor of Illinios.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 693806
30/09/08 1 1 1 1 The girls at the front desk are very rude. When you request for the doctor to call you back the receptionist will call you back and give you attitude when you request the doctor. The Dr. will make you come in for multiple unnesassary office visits in order to get one referral. I can not leave this doctor fast enough.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 519337
20/02/08 1 1 1 1 Worst doctor I've visited. The office is run-down, the staff are unprofessional, and they only accept cash - how ghetto is that. They are really money grubs too. Even if you have something clearly outside their range of expertise, they won't provide a referral unless you visit Dr. Khananashvlili first, wasting the insurance payer's and patient's money. They also provide unreliable service, closing their urgent care office for example and then providing two totally contradictory reasons for why it was closed. Find another doctor!
RID: 466542
17/12/07 1 1 2 2 this doctor was very rude and unhelpful. she made me feel like i was a burden on her and that i was wasting her time! at one of my appts., she had gotten into an argument with one of her employees and instead of being professional about it, she created a scene in front of patients in the waiting room! she made me feel very uncomfortable and frightened that i was about to see her soon. i would definitely not recommend this doctor.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal