You may also like

Rate Dr. P. Merrill White

Dr. P. Merrill White's Ratings

I must admit I was some what apprehensive about seeing Dr. White after reading the previous negative reviews of Dr. White. After my appointment with Dr. White I DO NOT understand, or agree with any of the negative reviews. I found Dr. White to be very professional, soft spoken, very concerned about my spinal condition. He spent 30 minutes with me one-on-one explaining my options based on his findings of my x-rays, MRIs and his physical examination of me. After our discussion we decided on alternatives to surgery at this time. I was very pleased with my whole experience with Dr. White and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2832574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I agree with most people leaving comments. Dr. White was very rude and really didn't explain much. I had x-rays and an MRI. He stated that everything was normal looking and the only thing to do is continue my home exercises that I learned from physical therapy. I asked him for some pain medicine and muscle relaxers as I can barely move, but he said that he does not treat people that way. I also got copies of my reports and there are things in his reports that he did not even have me do! To me that is falsifying records! I wouldn't reccomend Dr. White to anyone I know!! His staff was not very friendly or helpful. And those questionaires EVERY time you go is ridiculous!! I want to know why Dr. White says there is nothing wrong but I am in constant pain in my lower back! That is not "Normal". Worst doctor in TN that I have ever seen!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2801992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Other posts use terms like "hateful" or "rude" to discribe bedside manner. Not one person says "he botched my surgery." Pain will make you very anxious going through the process (PA, therapy). That said, I have had only good experices with Dr. White. But if I did have to choose, I'd take a hateful good surgeon over a nice poor one any day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Went to see Dr. White. The staff was very curt and not at all friendly. I waited 45 min to see him at which point he basically took an xray and said there was nothing he could do at the moment because it was close to closing time. I went to another Doctor within a week had emergency surgery on my spine that Dr. White missed what my problem was!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

I have had around 22 surgery's knees, back, neck, etc..... I have had very many surgeons and Doctors! Dr. White is the most hateful doctor I've ever meet :( He forgets what he say's from visit to visit. I am not one of his Workman comp. patients and glad I wasn't as in the reviews I have read! When you watch his video you see him kinda smiling... this is not what you see in person. His profile about him states he attends Church... bless his Pastors heart! Also, that he helps Habitat for Humanity... "Would this real person please stand up" He only works for the big dogs!!! If you want to be treated like a dog... just make you an appointment!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

When I called for an appointment I had to wait two weeks to see a PA. They will not schedule you to see a doctor until you see a PA first. I was told on the phone the PA will determine if I needed to see the doctor at a later date. PA sent me to physical therapy, which made the pain worse. The therapist and myself tried to get someone on the phone at Dr. P. Merrill White's office with no avail to explain the pain I was having but this office is very unorganized and do not care about their patients. I was very disappointed and now scheduling to see another group in town.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I have to agree with most people on here, Dr. White was very rude and hardly had any interest in what I had to say about my issue. A complete stick in the mud personality who sat on the black doctors stool and made me come to him. Get off your chair and examine your patients! Explain things to them about what could be going on or simply explain the x-ray to them. This is my first time with spine issues, so I have no idea what is going on. He is a typical specialist, in the room for about 5 min then they leave expecting you to know what is going on. My biggest issue was communication and lack of interest in the patient. You would assume they would ask questions as to, have you done anything in the past that could have caused this, or past history, but didn't seem to care about pertinent information. He definitely could learn a thing or two from Patch Adams!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

If you want a yes man for a doctor don't go to Dr.White. If you want the top of his profession and the best in the Southeast, use him. He does not tolerate insincerity in a patient or one who does not want to recover. He is all business and successfully did a surgery that other surgeons would not even try to do because it was so complicated. If you want the best - go to Dr.White.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][919767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. White would not let me talk. He kept interrupting me. He has the bedtside manner of a doorstop and was just rude and crude to me. Dr. White acted like my injury was my fault. I wouldn't bring my dead cat to see him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][919766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

The best recommendations about a surgeon come not from websites like these. When dealing with back surgery and other serious health issues, the smart consumer ought and should deploy a wide variety of inquiries. Initially, I too found Dr. White somewhat standoff-ish and it took some effort on my part to develop a satisfactory repertoire. However, it was the other inquiries -- with my pain clinic MD and staff, with my regular pharmacist, with a couple of RNs I know personally -- that proved most instructive. "...has 'good hands'..." "tackles tough cases..." "...once he gets going, he knows what to do..." "Gets the most from his OR staff." "Dr. White takes the time to sort everything out." At the end of the day, you want good medical results. Not entertainment. To get those results, I posit the patient has to make some effort also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][919765].votes_count ]]