Dr. Robert L. Bjork

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Robert L. Bjork has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Robert L. Bjork
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

28/11/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "LA JOLLA" to "San Diego"
RID: 2243133
13/06/12 5 5 5 5 He is very helpful and knowledgable doctor. Remembers his patients and patient's parents by name creating a personal relationship with his patients that creates a very trusting environemt for your little one. i see another post he discouraged a mother to breastfeed? that is sad, but in my situation the complete opposite. My son in 6 months old and he completely supports him being breastfed. As he was with my sister's son whom breastfed until almost 2.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1712595
13/02/12 5 1 1 3 I was so disappointed with my experience with Dr. Bjork that we switched doctors after our second visit. He told me I should start my 8 week old baby on formula when there was NO medical reason and I specifically said I wanted to nurse exclusively. He rolled his eyes at me, brought me 2 cases of free formula and said I should reconsider because formula will make my baby sleep through the night. He also tried to convince me that I can't keep up sufficient milk for my baby (I ended up with SO much extra by the time our baby was 12 months old that I was a milk donor for Helping Hands - so much for Dr. Bjork's opinion). He was antagonizing, impatient and worst of all, seems to be anti-nursing. As a new mother, it was a terrible experience. Thank goodness for an excellent lactation consultant who helped me through. I would NOT recommend Dr. Bjork and I even asked my OB to stop recommending him to new mothers.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1478965
04/07/11 4 4 5 5 My son was born this March. Dr. Bjork was the first to see my son and we have continued to see him as our peditrician. We drive 120 miles from the Imperial Valley to see him. It is worth the drive. He is extremely patient with us and will take his time to answer all our questions and calm our fears. We are new parents and could not be happier with Dr. Bjork.  Respond
RID: 1392684
21/03/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Bjork is very patient and really listens to the parent/child. Dr. Bjork remembers the history of the patient and follows up when necessary. My 4 children really like going to Dr. Bjork as he is kind and gentle as a doctor. I would highly recommend him as a pediatrician. He is generally on time for appointments, however, during high flu season, he tends to get backed up on his schedule because he takes time with his patients.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1328961
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bjork has been my children's pediatrician for 7 years. I have a 9 year old and 7 year old. He is patient, takes time to explain things in an understandable way and also remembers the children's history and takes an active approach to their care. We recommend Dr. Bjork 100%! Dayna Schneider
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1317076
17/12/10 5 5 5 5 The best doctor I've ever seen, exactly the doctor we are looking for. My daughte likes him so much.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1223233
06/08/10 5 3 5 5 We ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOVE Dr. Bjork! We have used him for over four years, we have two girls (7&5.5), one with extensive special needs, and we she needs something, ANYTHING, he goes out of his way to make it happen. I don't care how long the wait is, he's 100% worth it. As a matter of fact, it's reassuring that he's spending TIME with all of his patients! He's not walking through the door with his hand on the door! No drive through doctor for me!
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1112994
23/02/10 4 3 5 5 Dr. Bjork is a GREAT DOCTOR! He cares for his patients, and is exremetly competent. Waiting in the doctor's office is a small price to pay for his excellent health care. Go else where - you may get in earlier, but you won't get the same quality and expertise you find with this doctor!!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 993599
22/09/09 4 1 5 5 I really like Dr. Bjork... he's great with my three kids and is very helpful and willing to answer questions, no matter how trivial they may be. It's with a heavy heart, though, that I'm choosing to switch my kids to a different pediatrician in a different medical group. The wait times at Dr. Bjork's office in the Ximed Bldg. are horrendous. To the extent that they have a sign posted in their reception area stating that wait times are, on average, anywhere from 30-60 minutes...for a scheduled appointment! This, really, is unacceptable. Especially when you're in the waiting area with a cranky child who's not feeling well, or ones who's really young and difficult to keep occupied/happy for more than 10 minutes. Bottom line: if you don't mind waiting 60-90 minutes (in my experience!), Dr. Bjork is a great pediatrician. However, if you need an office that honors its scheduled appointments, or at least keeps the wait shorter than 30 minutes, you may want to look elsewhere.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

20/09/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 971314
24/08/09 4 2 4 5 very nice, listened to all questions and concerns and gave helpful answers, was almost an hr late but he was quite busy. A keeper!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 464786
15/12/07 3 2 3 3 Dr. Bjork is very nice and helpful when you get to see him. He is almost always late on his appointment. He also doesn't always return calls when messages are left. One example is after our 6 month old son had x-rays we called to get the results (after 3 days) and he never called back. We needed to know if we should take him off of the antibiotics that he has been on for 3 months. We wanted him off of them as soon as possible but it didn't seem to be important to Dr. Bjork. Will be going to a new doctor from now on.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user