Dr. Derek Landan

Grad. Year: 1992

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/03/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Derek Landan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5580507
26/06/14 4 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Landan for about 13 years for a liver disease. I have never had a doctor that was so helpful. He is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever seen and I have seen tons of doctors. He doesn't act superior to you and remembers everything you have told him from previous visits, so you don't get stuck answering the same questions over and over again. I have seen some comments on this site complaining about his nurse, Karen. She is no longer with him, but the new nurse's name is also Karen, so it may be confusing. The new "Karen" is very nice and personable. Also, Dr. Landan takes as much time as needed to explain everything to you. He will answer every question you have and doesn't do it while standing at the door trying to get out like some doctors I have seen. He will also call you with results, which means you don't have to go in again and pay for another visit and he is just as generous with his time when he calls you. He will answer all your questions.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

28/03/14 SYSTEM: City changed from "Phoenix" to "Scottsdale"
RID: 5170431
08/02/14 5 5 5 5 I just saw Dr. Landan today and it was the best visit with an MD I have ever had!He was on time and actually waiting for me. I saw him on a Saturday, yes on a weekend! And he has evening weekday appointments as well.I was beyond impressed by this docter. He acted more like my friend than how most docters act superiour over their patients. He was so kind and caring and fun to talk with. My favorite thing about this meeting, was how open he was to natural and alternative ways of healing my stomach! He even suggested a holistic docter to me, a few in fact. And he immediately pinpointed my mysterious illness' that I have suffered for more than 35 yrs with. Dr. Landan is beyond amazing, a very intuitive and brillant "One of a Kind" docter!I am no longer afraid to see an MD and trust his knowledge fully. He even believes in the Power of Prayer for healing! Honestly, I have never met a gastro docter in neither California or Arizona like this man. I am so thankful to God, for guiding me to him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2883922
28/09/13 1 5 5 5 It has been a year since I last saw him, so this is based on that experience. Dr. Landan is an awesome GI doctor...he has a great personality and is very kind. His office girl, Kathy, was horrible! She was extremely rude and unprofessional. I arrived at the office about a half hour early and she berated me for arriving too early; I explained that I knew I had paperwork to complete and wanted to allow enough time. She snapped at me, telling me to "Go SIT down, I'll get to you when I get to you!" I asked her, nicely, why she was treating me the way she was and she just became worse and unapologetic. When I was leaving the office, after my visit, she literally chased me out into the hallway and said, "I hope you don't get into a car accident on your way home!" Who does that? If I didn't like Dr. Landan so much, I would have left immediately!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

25/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "SCOTTSDALE" to "Phoenix"
RID: 2777037
19/08/13 3 5 5 5 Dr. landen has been awesome. Has done a umber of minor surgeries for my as I have a restriction on my esophogas. I highly recommend him.
RID: 2758581
09/08/13 3 4 5 5 I have tried several Gastroenterologist that didn't have a clue what was wrong with me and didn't care to find out. Dr. Landan listened to everything I said and all the concerns I had and found out quickly what the problem was along with several other problems I had that were masking the real problem. He takes as long as is needed to figure out the problem and to answer all your questions. I find his new staff to be very friendly and personable and Dr. Landan is very caring with all his patients. If there is something you don't understand he will explain it until you do.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2708960
15/07/13 4 3 5 5 Dr. Landan is an excellent doctor. He really went the extra mile in helping me and spent lots of time listening and answering questions. I always went to my appointments knowing that he would be running late, but also knowing that this was a doctor who cared about his patients and didn't try to rush them in and out. Being aware of that made the extra wait time worth it. We moved out of state, so I no longer see him, but wish that we could have taken him with us when we moved. He is awesome!!!  Respond

10/10/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2413436
29/08/12 1 2 2 4 I would absolutely not recommend this place to anyone. His office staff slammed the phone down on me in the middle of a sentence and told me "Goodbye now sir" when I was trying to attain some medical records. I called every day for a week trying to get ahold of them and never received a call until I left a somewhat short voicemail. When I got my labs back it was an email copy of the lab form and a statement of " This this and this look normal but this is high" and no explanation of what any of that was. Absolutely dreadful experience. He seems knowledgeable but I would not go back
RID: 2057355
20/04/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Landan ROCKS! I have a spinal cord injury and Dr. Landan was very personable,didn't look down on me or not seem interested just because I have a SCI and took the time to answer any questions I had. He doesn't rush you in/out like so many other doctors do. So many times doctors have no clue how to treat us but he took to the time listen to my concerns.When I had to have a colonoscopy he told me not to worry about a full clean out-he'd deal with it he was in there.LOL.It is what it is... I SOOO appreciated that!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone and have many many times! Keep up the awesome work Dr. Landan!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 795212
20/02/09 5 5 5 5 he is very relaxed and will listen to everything you have to say and answer any questions and is thorough with his findings and very good with his followup.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 604541
29/05/08 5 1 5 5 I love this doctor. After being seen by many Gastro specialists, its nice to finally meet one that listens to my stomach problems. He is very accomodating and even though the wait is long to see him, it is well worth it. I am so happy I have found this doctor!  Respond
RID: 464083
14/12/07 4 3 4 5 Doctor Landan is very knowledgable and professional. Easy to talk to and takes time to listen, answer questions and give advice. Would recommend as one of the best GI doctors Ive met. Has gone over and above to assist me before.
Insurance: Aetna