Rate Dr. Andrew B. Joel

Dr. Andrew B. Joel's Ratings

Dr. Joel sacrificed his personal time and scheduled follow-up kidney stone surgery in the evening so that my experience would not be prolonged. He was methodical and determined in attacking my large kidney stones. I found him able to convey complex information in understandable terms. His care for my wellbeing came across as completely genuine. He is also differentiated by his highly professional front office.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

dr.joel listened to me and treated me with respect. He is very professional and eager to make complicated situations understandable. he doesn't give up, but finds solutions.

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

In January of 2010, Dr. Joel performed my vasectomy. First, the procedure was painless. What I mean to say is that aside from getting sprayed with cold iodine I usual experience more pain following an aggressive dental cleaning than what I experienced as a result of 15 minutes of out-patient surgery. Dr Joel approached my surgery with the confidence of a trained fighter pilot. Although I'm sure that the procedure was a walk in the park for him professionally, in my eyes, no surgery below the waist is routine. Dr. Joel was professional and knew what he was doing, the same bar he had set for his assistant and office staff. I've heard from many friends about painful experiences. As someone with a low tolerance to pain myself I can only say that all doctors must not be created equal. If you are in Northern Virginia shopping for a doctor to perform your vasectomy look no further and for more complex urological issues I'd bet you would be hard pressed to find a more competent first opinion.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2010 | flag

He treated my father for his prostate cancer. Dr Joel used the latest surgical method in his treatment and is an excellent surgeon. Provided time and care to his patients. Never felt rushed through our appointment, he explained all the options and their side affects clearly. He answered all our questions and addressed our concerns. Gave the family time to consider the treatment and once decision made he scheduled the surgery right away. He has excellent bed side manner, always seem fresh and alert even after a long day. Would recommend Dr Joel to anyone to needs an Urologist.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2007 | flag