Dr. Dan Filaferro

5 1 3.1

You may also like

Rate Dr. Dan Filaferro

Dr. Dan Filaferro's Ratings

I had scar tissue after cataract surgery removed. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. It made a world of difference.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Excellent, though usually long wait times and staff are not overly polite

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2522289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

HORRIBLE... I literally left his office crying because of how rude he was with me; he said "there was nothing he could do for me", even though I had pea sized lumps under my eyelids, in which he diagnosed, but couldn't fix apparently. I quickly got referred to someone else, a dermatologist in fact, who fixed my eye problem.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2485570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr. Filaferro told me what was wrong with my eye when regular eye doctors/examiners downplayed the severity of what the problem was. He is an excellent health professional - fast, but thorough diagnosis. When I checked these rating before going to him I was concerned - but now I think many of these ratings are too low and too critical.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2481743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

The WORST doctor I have ever met! The whole experience of the consultation was so negative that I don't want to comment further. So sad that Alberta Government has to pay for this non-professional consultation which lasted less than 1 minute.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][921912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I just went to see Mr. Filaferro and the visit was just perfectly fine. It was professional and fast. I can't comment on his competency yet, but did not get the impression that I should doubt it. I am usually not somenbody who comments and rates on the web, but due to all the negative ratings here I felt I should write that my experience was quite positive.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][921911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2013

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][921915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

This doctor is extremely arrogant, rude, aggressive and not knowledgeable. I was referred to him for vision problems. His visit was very short the first time. Follow up appt, the vision problems in one eye continued. He quickly did some tests and said my vision is normal. There is no problem, it's all in my head and said there is no way I could be having these vision problems. I went to another ophthalmologist, she said I had lost vision in outer half of both eyes and double vision was probably due to a stroke, brain hemmorrhage, tumor, etc. She quickly sent me in for an MRI and diagnosed and help me resolved the vision problems. This doctor is not very competent, and his dismissive, ignorant, aggressive attitude is horrible. If you get referred to him, please ask for another ophthalmologist. Your vision problems could be quite serious and dismissed by him as all in your head.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][921916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Lousy rapport-treated me as though my problem was not important enough for an important doctor such as himself. Brusque, dismissive, not wanting to answer questions, no empathy. A real ass. When I extended my hand to shake his at the end, he looked down his nose at me as if I were pond scum. NEVER, ever bother seeing this doctor-he is too full of himself to give a damn about patients and too busy to take his time and LISTEN to your concerns. wouldn't take my dog to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][921910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Filaferro because of pain in my eye and having had 3 successive eye infections. When I got there, the nurses did few tests on my eye before I saw the Dr. Once the Dr. came to the room, he took my file and said to me that I have blepharitis. I asked him what was blepharitis, he wrote the word on a piece of paper and asked me to google the info on the internet, which I would expect him to explain to me. I asked him if I needed any treatment for that and he said I should just need artificail tears. After reading about blepharitis, I was conviced that I had none of that stuff. I went back to my family physician and my optometrist and both confirmed that I had NO blepharitis. I am not sure what's going on? this doctor has been no help to me at all and no info on what I might be suffering from. It has been over a year now, my I still have eye problems and still don't what I am suffering from?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][921909].votes_count ]]