Dr. Robert C. Klapper

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Robert C. Klapper has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5206941

23/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert C."

13/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "WEST HOLLYWOOD" to "Los Angeles"
RID: 1515959
18/08/11 3 1 1 1 Worst Experience ever. Was referred after MRI showed a torn rotator cuff. Had an 8:00 am appointment and waited 2 hours before being called into room to see the doctor. Doctor came in and opened with "welcome back." This was my first time in. He then asked what insurance I had. I guess he did not like the answer because after my answer he did not look at MRI reports, pushed on my shoulders and when I said it did not hurt he said "I can't help you. I am a shoulder doctor." YOu need to swim. Swimming is all I do. I am a competitive swimmer. I told him this and he said I obviously did not know how to swim correctly and needed to see his friend who taught swimming. He obviously was not interested in helping me. I would NOT recommend this doctor unless you have an insurance company that he likes.
RID: 1317099
17/12/10 2 1 2 3 My whole family goes to Klapper. I however, have learned NOT to. ever since I was 14, i have had to go on several visits for knees, hips, shoulders. Each time i go, I am usually waiting for 3 hours. I once complained to my father (who is also a doctor) and he didn't believe how long the wait was. He decided to come with, and during the 2nd hour of waiting, he was astonished on how BAD Krapper's (our nickname for him) bedside manners were. Despite this, I decided to get a 2nd shoulder surgery (first one done by an PHENOMENAL DR. SKYHAR in SAN DIEGO) and for Klapper, I was first sent to the WRONG surgery location. 2. He had me wait in the bed for 6 hours before my surgery because he overbooked his surgeries. (Dr. Skyhar instead had me in, made sure i was comfortable, and stayed with me). Klapper didn't even know who i was despite the fact i was his patient for over 10 years. Props to him on his expertise in knee/hips. but shoulders are NOT his thing, neither is bedside manners.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1309348
07/12/10 2 1 2 1 Dr. Klapper abandoned me when the hip he operated on became infected. He pawned me off on a junior surgeon. He saw my infected hip and told me not ton worry about anything. Six weeks later I had emergency surgery from another doctor. Doctor Klapper admitted to me later on that he failed to diagnose and treat the infection properly. It is over 2 years from the first surgery and I still am suffering from this admitted negligence. Don't be fooled by all the photos in his office and his gregarious personality. I am suffering because he overbooks and his staff will bongo the grave defending his errors. He is affiliated with more attorneys than a. Washington DC bar on friday night. Find a boring surgeon with good recommendations. Klapper doesn't even have risk classes prior to surgery. He just said your sex life will be great in 6 weeks. That was not my issue. Beware, beware, beware!
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $2500000
RID: 1191053
16/06/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Klapper is a star for a reason, he gets results! I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Klapper and I'm very happy with the results. BTW-I'm a middle-aged non-athletic woman, and I never felt overlooked by the doctor (or his great staff). If you do your homework and come in the questions, he will definitely take the time to answer them. There is a long wait in the lobby for a reason, he's worth the wait!
RID: 1187297
11/06/10 1 1 1 1   Respond
RID: 1077929
13/01/10 2 1 2 3 Wow, after waiting 2 HOURS he FINALLY came in with a PA. he looked at my hip and told me to get a imaging test. Then spent 15 minutes telling me i needed to buy his book, and it is available at the front desk. so... i got to the test... he did NOT tell me i had to shave my privates!! could he honestly spared 1 minute from his book talk to let me know what the test was? oh, and it was 'normal' so i was told to live with the pain (by the PA, not the Dr because he could not even call me himself)
RID: 1027773
06/11/09 1 3 1 5 To drop a bomb on a patient (surgery) and leave the shocked patient to attend the other 10 waiting patients, is a bedside manner I refuse to accept. Then, I asked if there were recommended pre operation exercises I could preform. As he hurried out of the office, he backhandedly said I could buy his book located in the lobby.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 944203
22/07/09 5 1 1 4 Dr. Klapper is the chief of orthopedic surgery at Cedars-Sinai hospital. He is clearly skilled and has worked hard to achieve his position.He is a rock star of orthopedics, and he is not shy of self-promotion and had co-authored several books for the lay public. When I was in his office there were many people waiting for an appointment. Waits were long, and many people were unwell. The office staff is very competent and helpful, but there was a limit to what they could do with the overbooking of patients. Dr. Klapper came out to the front desk and conducted an argumentative conversation on the telephone for ten minutes with a hospitalist from Cedars. A little off-putting to say the least. Bottom line: Dr. Klapper is a star. You are second. There is not much time to observe, listen to, or support patients in this office. If you wish for a more interactive experience look elsewhere. He prefers patients that are sports savvy. Love the sculptures, though!
RID: 621643
18/06/08 5 5 5 4 Didn't quite fix the knee problem, had to have surgery again with another doctor in another state. They fixed the miniscus repair that he didn't finish. But overall a very good doctor. A little bit of an ego problem, but otherwise a good guy.  Respond
RID: 570897
20/04/08 5 5 5 5 Great surgeon, diagnosed and operated on my knee in December 2007, very busy office. I would recommend him to anyone with knee problems.
RID: 540305
17/03/08 4 4 5 5 An outstanding Dr. If you have a problem with your hip, go see him He fixed both of mine. Gave me my life back
RID: 460043