Rate Dr. Howard J. Hoffberg

Dr. Howard J. Hoffberg's Ratings

Dr Howard Hoffberg

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

Started out very concerned,had neck problem when came, developed severe disk problems in lower back and had a failed knee sugury. When new problems arose, he passed me off to pa who had no concern for my well being at all. Just wanted continue status quo. Now I have a very hard time talking to Hoffberg, now I am stuck on very high dose meds and no other clinics will take me at these levels and they are necessary after all these years. Last week I was assaulted and robbged. instead of treating me as a victim he is treating me as a criminal taking away my every 2week med, and making me come 2x a week, I came into the office with severe injuries (staples in head, separated shoulder, brused ribs, deep latered hands, black eye that could not be stitched, because it was too swollen, so I am the criminal, Also showed police report number, det card. and still making me come 2x per week which I cannot afford on my disability pay. My therapist and phychritrist said this is also wrong.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

I have only seen Dr. Hoffberger once, and I am seeing him again today. He helped me! After 2 bad experiences with other physiatrists, he listened, he prescribed meds and P.T. and so far it is working in just 3 weeks. I have good insurance, so I know he is making money off me, but he has helped with my diabetic neuropathy. I now have a pain rating of 1-2, from 4-5 in just 3 weeks. I am walking better and standing taller. I can get up and down steps a little better. And this has been without narcotics.

Submitted July 17, 2013 | flag

YOU MAY WAIT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, BUT HE AT LEAST LISTENS TO YOU AND WILL PRESCRIBE MEDS THAT WILL HELP YOUR PAIN.

Submitted May 10, 2013 | flag

I am a long standing patient of Dr. Hoffberg. Dr. Hoffberg is a very caring, extremely knowledgeable, doctor who has always treated me with respect listened and answered all my questions with patience and suggested and explained new medications or techniques that may be helpful for my conditions. Prior to Dr. Hoffberg I had been seen by multiple doctors that did not diagnose my conditions correctly or examine my pain by considering my body as a whole but just areas of pain. Dr. Hoffberg is a doctors doctor very professional and compassionate. His many accomplishments and achievements that line the walls of his office are evidence of his dedication to the medical field and the well being of his patients. The wait is sometimes long but you can be asured Dr. Hoffberg will spend the quality and quantity of time needed by each patient. I can't imagine what quality of life I would have if I had not met Dr. Hoffberg. Dr H. is always able to provide up to the minute advances.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

If you are a new patient expect your first apt to last at least 5 to 8 hours. Regular patients can expect a wait time of 1 to 4 hours to be seen. this Dr OVERBOOKS EVERYDAY. However he does take his time to explain things to you. But my experiance with him over the last 2 years has been that if you dont want to use any of his other services, i.e. chiropractor, nerve test, etc, he is less likely to help you because that is how he makes his big bucks. The Dr's there see (overheard his staff talking) 150 to 200 patients a day at the office. I would suggest going to someone else, he is only in it for the $$$$

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

So Dr's are doing background checks now! After waiting hours to see this man(2 x's) he belittles me for something I did 11yrs ago. I was laid off and lost my insurance I could not afford pain managment and was forced to go to the methadone clinic. I knew I would be called back to work before my appt. and have insurance. I was honest with the dr.and told him of other rx's, along with the methadone, I had taken from my previous dr.Of course this showed up on the urine test. He did not like this and wanted me to come back in three days. I knew the methadone would still be in my system, I figured the dr. would take this into consideration when I came back. Well he didn't and wanted me to come back in 3 more days! Are you kidding me, he did not want to give me anything for my pain! Finally he said he would give me 3 days worth when I gave them my insurance card, again, they said they don't take it!I said forget this and left.I still can't believe this is aloud to happen.

Submitted May 20, 2011 | flag

This practice is is complete violation of the Patients Bill Of Rights. If you attend on seeking help from this provider, plan on spending at the very least, two hours in the waiting room, which overflows to the buildings lobby. Once you are moved to a examination room, you can expect to wait an additional thirty to forty five minutes before seeing the provider. Once the provider does examine you, you may not want to challege the recommended course of treatment, as you will be faced with a defensive provider. My recommendation, is to seek care elsewhere.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2010 | flag

PROVIDES HELPFUL TREATMENT FOR SYNPTONS.WORKS DILIGENTLY TO TREAT ENTIRE PATIENT.IS ACTIVE WITHIN HIS SPECIALTY. TAKES THE TIME TO EXPLAIN DIAGNOSES. STAFF HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2007 | flag