Rate Dr. Anil Nanda

Dr. Anil Nanda's Ratings

I still remember Dr. Nanda sitting on the table and telling me that he could fix me. I have had this nagging back pain for a few years and it had gotten worse in the last few months. Everyone kept telling me to go to Dr. Nanda. He is the best around. Well since the surgery I now hurt twice as bad as I did. Dr. Nanda ordered a Mylogram and said that if thee was anything wrong in my back it would show up with this test. Well Dr. Nanda told me that nothing showed up on this test so they wanted me to go get some Physical Therapy. Ha-Ha. Well I would not go back to him for nothing. I now hurt so bad that I get nauseated at times. The staff were not just real friendly but they were all business.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

First off, I'd like to say that Dr. Nanda is an exceptional neurosurgeon with excellent bedside manners. His staff at the medical arts center, with the exception of a couple are all VERY RUDE and have no business dealing with patients that have just had major brain/spinal surgery.
I had an extensive brain surgery done and on the day they discharged me, they did not even send me home with anything for breakthrough pain. I dealt with it for 2 whole days and when I finally called to ask if they could do anything to help me out, they basically told me to "deal with it and manage my pain".
If you are the type of person that prefers s doctor that will explain things in detail, supported by friendly, helpful staff, I suggest you get a second opinion. Because, you will not be happy with his staff AT ALL!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I had two surgeries both left me worst than before surgery . Dr Nanda never had more that 5 minutes with me at my only two post op visits. I called to get in to see him because of pain and me falling from my leg giving out. They lost my tests, scans pretty much wanted me to just go away. When I kept calling them to get in I was told that I was discharged and they have a problem with me!!! Are you serious ??? Because I wanted a follow up and I'm not happy with my results ? Seriously ! The worst ever and the staff are horrible !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2501222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Dr. Nanda saw us the day after Christmas to look at my scans and had me in surgery the next week. He is always warm and friendly. He prayed with us and spent as much time as we needed explaining the procedures and the reasons for them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2433539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Waited 3 hrs to be seen for for less than 5 minutes. I had documentation spinal scans showing tumors. Not known if benign or not. His suggestion was to ignore them. He is definitely a knowledgeable doctor but I saw no evidence of it. His nursing staff, with one exception, was terribly rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

I'm pleased to say that I had a very good experience with everyone Dr Nanda and everyone in his office. I had lower back surgery several days ago so time will tell. The pain is gone and I'm just sore now which is to be expected.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

Found Dr. Nanda to be an excellent doctor. My experince with him included Gamma Knife in 2004 and then again in 2012 at which time the Gamma Knife failed. In January of 2013 I had open brain surgery (Micro Vascular Decompression and being 84 years of age, we were all concerned about this. However, today has been four weeks since the surgery and I am almost back to normal. Dr. Nanda is a wonderful doctor, very caring and very knowledgable in his field. I am so thankful we have someone in this area of the South with his expertise!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2013

The BEST Doctor in the the world !! Saved my life and did a fantastic job on my brain surgery. He always made me feel positive even though I had a very difficult surgery to remove my AVM. Forever thankful to Dr Nanda !! Highly recommend ! Thank you again Dr Nanda :) Franco C

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

I went to Dr. Nanda because of leg weakness and nerve loss in my left leg associated with severe localized pain in my back. He spent about 5 minutes in the exam room with me. The only thing he did was test reflexes and then made no comment on the fact that he couldn't find them. Did not ask me anything about what I have been experiencing the past couple of years. The only thing he found out was what I hurriedly told him. He just kept saying, "Well, you don't need an operation." He admitted the EMG showed the muscle weakness/nerve loss. When I asked what could cause it he just repeated that I didn't need an operation. I let him know I am concerned that without treating the cause the leg will continue to be affected. His solution: THINK POSITIVE AND SWIM! Really? I'm not a doctor but I think maybe showing a little concern and retesting in 6 months to see if it is getting worse would be the least you would do. It was a total waste of my time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2012

I had to cancel my surgery because of Dr. Nanda's unprofessional assistant. She promised to send my paper work twice and she never did. The hospital asked me for my paper work and I had to tell them that his assistant promised to mail my paper work on two different times for the same surgery. I refused to be put under knowing that someone as unprofessional as his assistant would be standing over me. If he asked her to pass him a schapel she might pass a chain saw. At first I just thought it was an over sight but the second time and i called to remind her to send my paper work and she stated "I am putting them in the mail today. And today never came. When I asked her about not sending them she stated that she was not the one to mail out the paper work, well she could of told me that the first time rather than telling me she was putting in the mail the same day. Dr. Nanda need to find him another physician assistant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924292].votes_count ]]