Rate Dr. Shannon G. Wiggins

Dr. Shannon G. Wiggins's Ratings

Dont listen to these negative comments and reviews. At the end of the day she is an amazing Doctor and person and cares about the people. She sure helped me out when I wasn't feeling to good. Would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

I have read all of the comments about Dr. Wiggins. I have not experienced any of what I heard and what I heard here. She is One person with Great Knowledge and She Cares. We talk straight up about my health and I let her know what I am doing and thinking and she say's yea or nea; usually yea because I care about my health but if I am wrong about my thinking, she say's No Way. She won't let me give up. Praise God for Doctor Wiggins. Most the conversations I have heard in the waiting room was people wanting drugs. I didn't hear the patients talking about what they were doing about their health. And her filing cabinets are not down stairs where they can be eye balled. I receive a yearly statement of my visits and if I forgot to ask about a test result and nothing was brought up about it, is because there was nothing that needed addressing. Thank You for helping me Dr. Wiggins for the past almost 13 years now. Thank You Mohammad, you have been a terrific help too. Love Ye, Love

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

Lets get one thing straight. She's facing over 10 counts and still practicing. Other writers are right... patient talk is all "drugs". Without a doubt, I 100% believe the feds. She doesn't know her stuff and is a mess. Highly recommended... that you don't go here (Unless you want some Rx's you don't need)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

I went to Dr. Wiggens and it was a joke.. It's like being in the twilight zone there... You would not believe the things that happen and things that you will hear if you walk in her clinic...Drugs is the main conversation in the waiting room...Unbelievable.. The reason people wait 3-5 hours? because they know they will get their drugs.. A time I was in her office she was on the phone screaming at her husband ... F this and F that.. Real professional. Her staff treats you like you are scum and Dr. Wiggins prefers it that way.. I had back pain and wanted 800mg ibuprofen but instead she suggested some oxy's for the pain... I said no thanks.. She is one of , if not the biggest drug dealer in Lansing,MI. If a patient asks for a copy of their file? Good luck she doesn't keep a paper trail.Not one file cabinet in her office.Something seem strange about that? does to me.I Will never understand why she has not been busted and closed down yet.. I was surprised there were on a few complaints.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Horrible place to go to!! My mother has been patient there for several years and now she is having some health issues. She called and asked to see Dr. Wiggins specifically she did not want to see different DR. At the day of her appointment meet the Dr. on the hallway said Hi talked with her for a few minutes and Dr. send her in to the exam room and said I will be there in a minute. She waited 1 1/2 hour just to get a different Dr. When she asked where Dr. Wiggins is she was told that she left. My mother was in ER several times and has to get an urgent testing’s that needs to be done. She was told by the Dr. office that this is going to be scheduled the same day. She is yet to hear from them …when she called to follow up on it next day they told her that they are to busy…..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

very poorly ran. always waiting along time.Dr usally is at least 30~40min late.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Wiggins for 9 years now. Yes I know she has a bad reputation and the staff is horrible. The problem is my insurance WAS ghetto and she was my only option. Anyways I lost my insurance and just went to her once every two months. As all of you know she does not refill most medications. Anyways I have been on ONE medication for anxiety for 8 years. I have never lost my med, never had it stolen, and my dog has never ate it. I come in for a refill and they test my urine. It is negative for the medicine! Yes cause I cannot pay $75 to see her monthly for a RX that cost 20. I was discharged cause I could be "selling or giving" away my medication. Like someone else said I am afraid to tell another MD/DO that I went there. I hope she gets her act together.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. Wiggins took me off all of my meds after 6yrs of being treated for tendenitous in both shoulders and a anxiety disorder. No warning just cut the regimine into a third of what I was reciving & the next month took me completly off of 2 narcatics. She does not care about her patients well being, she only cares about the $ she can make off of them. The office is so over booked you can plan on being there for a minimum of 3-5hrs and thats with a set appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

lousy dr. been going to her for 8 years and she has never had a chart of my past visits or meds. people in the waiting room always talk about being there just to get their pills. some talk about selling them. i went to the e.r. wich is how i found out i was diabetic. my sugar was over 500, they wanted to admit me to the hospital but she wouldn't let them then she scheduled an appointment for the next day and i laid out on the office floor for three hours before i was able to see anybody. then they prescribed insulin without even explaining how to do it or how much. thank god for friends with diabetes to help. this dr. should go to jail and never be alloud to practice medicine again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][924409].votes_count ]]