Dr. John C. Lipham

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. John C. Lipham has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "John" to "John C."
RID: 2636976
01/05/13 1 1 1 1 I suffered severe problems immediately after eating post reflux surgery. This doctor not only did not acknowledge or advise about the problem, he ignored it, did not treat it and made me suffer for many months. He and one of his nurses were very rude and he refused to order the tests for the problem I was having. Not only that, he did not inform me of a torn diaphragm during surgery even after I had severe breathing problems afterward. I do not recommend this surgeon as he does not fix problems his surgery caused.  Respond
RID: 1643125
24/11/11 5 5 5 5 Amazing surgeon! Took out my esophageal cancer with little incisions. Out of the hospital in 6 days. Great bedside manner. Truly cares about his patients. Saved my life!!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1520041
23/08/11 5 5 5 5 After seven years of Nexium to manage severe GERD and Barret's esophagus and still suffering, my wife visited Dr. Lipham, who performed a laproscopic fundoplication. She no longer has any symptoms, and takes no medication for Reflux. She later had Barret's ablation to remove the remaining Barret's disease, from which she returned to normal activit in about three days. Every aspect of her care by Dr. Lipham and his staff at U.S.C. has been excellent. We greatly appreciate the quality of life returned to my wife by Dr. Lipham and his team, and highly recomend him.  Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 925623
30/06/09 4 4 5 5 I had a very rare condition resulting in major surgery. Dr. Lipham was very down-to-earth, caring and took the time to answer any questions. I cannot believe, considering the extent of the surgery, how small the incisions are. All done Laparoscopically...absolutely amazing. This doctor is the best and I highly recommend him.  Respond
RID: 913656
15/06/09 5 5 5 5 Great surgeon!!! I had esophageal cancer that Dr Lipham operated on me for 5 years ago. He is caring, compasionate and has a great bedside manner. He is the highest rated surgeon in Southern California for Esophageal problems. He is the best!!!!!!!
RID: 772162
24/01/09 5 5 5 5 Outstanding!! Dr Lipham diagnosed and treated me for achalasia. I am now eating normally after 3 years of other doctors doing nothing. He is terrific. I would rec him to anyone with esophageal problems.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 710911
27/10/08 5 5 5 5 Finally, a doctor that listens and spends time with the patients. He is the most caring surgeon. He operated on me for severe reflux and barretts esophagus. I no longer have heartburn and my Barretts has gone away. I would highly reccomend him for anyone with esophageal or stomach problems!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 671424
22/08/08 5 5 5 5 Oustanding Esophageal Surgeon. I was diagnosed with esophageal Cancer. Dr Lipham was very understanding, patient and obviously cared about my problem. He is an excellent surgeon!!! He did my surgery Laparoscopically and I was out of the hospital in 6 days. I would rec him to anyone with esophageal problems including cancer. He also operated on a friend of mine with severe reflux, who is now off all antacid medication.
RID: 547870
25/03/08 5 5 5 5 Very knowledgeable, very approachable and patient, explains things in a very easy to understand way. He is very understanding of the patient's needs and accommodating to the family. He is very reassuring in a stressful situation. Would not hesitate to highly recommend him to anyone. He deserves BIG SMILEY FACE all around!
* - Rating left by a registered user