Rate Dr. Anthony Califano

Dr. Anthony Califano's Ratings

The doctor was nice and ask all the details about my health and my reason to see him. I did not like when he was taking my blood. I guess he had trouble with getting enough of it because he was constantly moving the needle inside my arm, which left a big bruise for the next few days. When making appointment over the phone, I kind of felt as the girls were not the friendliest, but when seeing them face to face, they were actually nice too. The billing department is horrible. The lady wanted to charge me for services, which I was covered 100% no co-pay and in a rude voice told me "if your ins didn't pay and if you won't pay than who will?" I've work in dr office for couple of yrs and this lady was just lazy to do her job. At the end of the day she HAD to call my ins, bc the rep told me that I am not responsible for anything and THEY have to fix thing in order to be paid. Recently I called for apt bc of something serious I noticed and no one called me back. I am not planning of going back

Submitted March 20, 2014 | flag

The doctor is very kind and patient with my dad, who is 89 years old, hard of hearing, and disagreeable. I highly recommend him if you, your parent or loved one is a senior citizen. He takes the time to listen to your problems and doesn't rush from one patient to the next, leaving you with unanswered questions. Very good staff who will always "fit you in" if you really need to see the doc. He also speaks fluent Italian. Dry sense of humor. Always calm and unflustered. He's excellent.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2012 | flag

They are always friendly and helpful. Very good doctor and staff. Limited office hours and have had trouble reaching them in emergencies. Can't comment on whether it is the service or something else.

Submitted March 23, 2012 | flag

Simply the best, unlike other physicians in the area who use specialist to their job, Dr Califano takes the time to listen and explain the test results.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2010 | flag

BEST DOCTOR AROUND!!! He knows his stuff, very attentive, cares for his patients. he always checks up on his patients. would recommend to everyone!

Submitted March 2, 2009 | flag

Dr. Califano sees you precisely at appt. time which is refreshing after having dealt with docs in NYC who keep you waiting sometimes for hours. He personally and promptly calls with test results. He is amenable to making referrals to specialits as needed. Spends a good amount of time with you and thoroughly addreseses all questions and concerns. I am very pleased with his service and professionalism as well as that of his staff.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2008 | flag

helpful, always on time, knowledge of his field, cares and lets you know about test immediately by phone call.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2007 | flag