Rate Dr. Michael J. Pankau

Dr. Michael J. Pankau's Ratings

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Pankau. When my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes he came into the ER said she was VERY serious and it was more than he was comfortable handling and so he called in Jill Veber. Then when my son was 2 I took him in for pink eye; Dr. Pankau said he heard something funny with his heart and within 30 minutes we were meeting with the pediatric cardiologist from Salt Lake. My boy loves going to Dr. Pankau, he finds him very funny and nice. My son's father is shy and he feels comfortable asking questions and Dr. Pankau is always upfront, imformative and caring about my kids. I like most of the doctors in that office but Pankau is our favorite.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][925245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

Dr. Pankau is my 3 year old's doctor. I think he is great. He always focuses on my son and puts him at ease, my son loves him. I don't think the way a doctor dresses defines their ability to be a doctor. I have seen nearly every doctor at the Pediatric Center and I like Dr. Pankau the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][925244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2011

He diagnosed my son in fewer than a minute. The previous pediatrician failed to do so in three visits. He saved my son. I do not care how a doctor dresses or if he strokes my parental ego. He saved my son. Priceless!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][925243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

There is not one positive thing I can say about Dr. Pankau. I have seen him 3 times for same day sick and left the appointment feeling like the most horrible mom ever. I took my 6 month old in for what I thought was an ear infection and he flat out told me that kids get sick and cranky and don't need to be taken to the doctor for every sniffle. He has seen my 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son and is very rough with them. He does not get down on their level and explain what he is going to do. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][925242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

He came to visit me in the hospital after I had my son. He was very professional. He was great with my son and explained what surgery he would need. Loved him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][925241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

Awesome Doctor!!! I was scared to death to see this Dr. because of previous feedback. I called to schedule with Dr. Edwards at this clinic, but his schedule was full. I then asked for Dr. Hatch, but they told me he had just had a new baby and was out of the office, but that they could schedule my son with Dr. Pankau. I took the spot and, sure enough...shabby levies!!! Everything else I had heard about Dr. Pankau was nonsense. This guy is for real. The first thing he did was put himself on me son's level and spoke to him in a way that put him immediately at ease. After the exam, he focused his attention on me and asked if I had any concerns and if I understood everything he had told me during the exam. He politely thanked us both for coming in and told us to have a great day before leaving. I will be going back to Dr. Pankau again, and will suggest to others whole heartedly that they see Dr. Pankau for their kids. He is a 'down to earth' kind of guy. TWO THUMBS WAY WAY UP!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][925240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

This guy should be feeding camels not treating children & their frightened parents. He did not introduce himself - just walked in the room in his shabby jeans & said "what can I do for you?" He was defensive when questioned, did not offer information, & did little to put us at ease. Perhaps he is not accustomed to anyone asking any questions. It would serve him well to "speak to the audience." On our way out, I asked the receptionist who we had seen. She asked if the visit did not go well - I stated I did not want to see that doctor ever again. The receptionist stated she "hears that often". Only as a last resort would I ever see this guy again. Two thumbs down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][925239].votes_count ]]