Rate Dr. Belinda G. Broady-Symes

Dr. Belinda G. Broady-Symes's Ratings

I have known this doctor since she first came to Midwest regional hospital. she is on top of everything, and I trust her with my life.

Submitted March 8, 2014 | flag

I work with her in labor and delivery, and I would highly recommend her for any OB or GYN patient. She is extremely knowledgable and can handle any situation that arises! She truly cares about her patients and the works very hard to always have the best outcome possible! Absolutely extremely intelligent and awesome doctor! If anything ever happened to me, I'd want her by my side making decisions! She's also a wonderful mother and contributes to many community services and functions out of the generosity of her heart! Just a great person all around!

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

Seems to be a very knowledgable doctor and fairly thorough. HOWEVER, she has a terrible bedside manner... my husband describes her as having the personality of a robot. She's great if you want someone to tell you what to do. She's NOT the one for you if you want to discuss options, be listened to, or feel cared about. She even told me when I said I wanted to have a natural childbirth without medications that I'd better not scream and cry and kick. And she was serious. She has also made derogatory comments about my weight... I don't think she intended to be rude, but she most certainly was. She delivered my first child and was scheduled to deliver my second, but didn't. I will not go back to her as she prescribed an iud with hormones (despite the fact that I expressly told her I did not want the hormones) and I have had trouble ever since. First child was born in 2003, IUD inserted after 2nd child in 2010.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2012 | flag

She was pretty hateful and made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I went to another doctor and was actually helped and treated me nicely, like I was a person with feelings.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

I love Broady-symes and her staff. My daughter had a spot on her heart in the first ultra sound and she kept on top of it. order extra ones to check it out and also when her heart beat dropped she had me do a stress test. She is very knowledgeable. I had a c-section and my scar looks amazing can barley see it!!She is the best!! I love her!

Submitted June 17, 2011 | flag

I have never had more people recommend a physician than this one. She gives you a straight up honest opinion of what is needed & what is not. She is an excellent surgeon. I will only recommend her to my family & friends. Great experience with her & her partners(other physicians in the office) There might be a waiting list to be seen as a new patient, but well worth it!!!!! Recommend 500%

Submitted March 13, 2011 | flag

I was not satisfied with this doctor. I felt like I was simply a job to her. She was recommended by mouth by a coworker of mine, but I should have gone with my own opinion. There was very little information actually offered to me; and I didn't know enough about what was going on to have any questions to ask. And when I went into labor (I had my son induced) she hardly checked on me; most of the time it was the nurses in the clinic instead of her. The birth itself was a nightmare; my son got stuck trying to birth naturally, and she never even thought to have the operating room prepped just in case. It was freezing! I will not be using her again for my children's births.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2010 | flag

I was recommended to this doctor by a friend who went to her in the past. Even though the staff is very nice, they are very unprofessional. I was told the wrong appointment time and since I showed up "late", I had to wait for about an hour and half. They told me my appointment was at 9 am, but forgot to mention I needed to arrive by 8:30. I got there at 8:50 and I still had to wait. The second time I had an appointment with her she did not show up. She had the opportunity to participate in a surgery. That would have been fine if I had not already taken off of work and driven all the way to this office. I had to come back on Monday costing me another afternoon off of work. They didn't even call. She hasn't fully answered my questions. I have had some problems with many doctors so in comparison she isn't that bad, but am switching doctors. One good thing about her office is they know how to file my insurance. It is cheap! This may be a big plus for all BCBS carriers.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2008 | flag

Very competent doctor! Was extremely happy with her.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2008 | flag

Dr. Broady-Symes has been my OB/GYN for 6 years and has delivered all 3 of my children. She is excellent! I never feel uncomfortable with her or her staff. Anytime I have any questions or problems, she takes the time out to talk to me and try to figure it out with me. Anytime I've called in a question, her nurses have returned my phone call in the same business day. She checks and double checks with me anytime I need something. Does all she can to alleviate pain issues, helped with post partum depression and a cardia issue I was having duing my pregnancy. I have never been to a doctor more caring or concerned for her patients. I never complain when she's running late for an appointment because that means she's either delivering a baby or taking extra time with a patient who needs it. I have recommended her to others and will continue to do so. She and her staff are wonderful.

Submitted July 15, 2008 | flag