Rate Dr. Stephen D. Spitz

Dr. Stephen D. Spitz's Ratings

My wife used Dr Spitz a number of years ago and was totally pleased. When I found myself with a dental emergency on a Saturday, in desperation, I just showed up in his office without an appointment, and the results since that time have been extraordinarily positive. Very helpful staff, comforting explanations and superior work in a difficult process that will still most of 2012. Very pleased !

Submitted March 29, 2012 | flag

His work was terrible. 75% will have to be replaced. Implant was placed wrong. Everything he did, he had to do over and over and over requiring multiple visits and it was still not right. I filed a complaint with the dental board and he was placed on probation for 1 year because of the bad work. He refused to return my money for a bridge he never made. He only paid when legal action was was commenced three years later. Nothing positive to say about this experience.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2011 | flag

Explained to him that i had problems getting numbed up properly in the past and was nervous about treatment because of this.He suggested that I do treatment with nitrous oxide sedation and local anesthesia. After several attempts at doing fillings and a crown, I tried to communicate that the anesthesia was not sufficent. After 7 months two of the fillings failed and the crown came off. He never did get the sedation to work.Lots of marketing hype - Very little quality comfortable care. With several surgical procedures recommended including extractions and implants I decided that my concerns about comfort were being ignored and terminated all treatment.

Submitted March 8, 2011 | flag

poor quality of sevice poor results ended up having another dentist to finish treatment. Unable to provide sufficent anesthesia

Submitted July 25, 2009 | flag

Instead of explaining the implant procedure he tested my knowledge about it and didn't explain whether I was right or wrong in the end. very unhelpful in explaining things. Staff was terrible! They were not professional, since one of them xrayed the wrong tooth and had to do it again. Also, they stuck these metal clamps into my mouth to pull my lips apart and then stuck a mirror in it as well. Then she whips out an old fashion digital camera and starts snapping away. The experience was extremely painful.

Submitted March 12, 2009 | flag

Tried to put an onlay onto a tooth that had a filling. It was elective on my part but I trusted him. First one didn't fit. He stuck temp filling in and I immediately felt a piercing pain and had pain to pressure from that moment on. Long story short, after placing a permanent onlay in despite my complaints of pain and having to cut it out later and one mess after another, a tooth that was stable and otherwise fine wound up needing a root canal even though there was no real visible reason on an x ray to do one. It was try that or extract. Cost me thousands. His best explanation, while apologetic, was, that in very rare cases, there can be a fracture while replacing the old filling. It would have been nice to know that up front. I finally opted to have someone else fix it after giving him multiple chances. At the last appointment I had I was willing, yet again, to let him try to fix it but he broke the onlay while shaping it in his hand. I ate the cost and never returned.

Submitted July 9, 2008 | flag

Very knowledgable about implants.I had a very difficult back crown done in MARCH 2007 His attempts at anesthesia and sedation were not acceptable.I would only consider any further treatment by Dr. Spitz If he were willing to address the concerns of my doctor and me first.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2007 | flag