Dr. Paula Rackoff

Rate Dr. Paula Rackoff

Dr. Paula Rackoff's Ratings

Dr Rackoff helped my elderly mother in such a gentle, caring way that my mom is now willing to take medicine for her osteoporosis AND her anxiety, and I will now make an appointment with Dr Rackoff.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

Very experienced senstive doctor; assessed what I thought was Lyme disease which turne dout to be lupus and not Lyme///

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

DR Rackoff got me through my somewhat scary pregnancy ( I have rheumatoid arthritis) and worked closely wit my ob-gyn. I feel incredibly grateful.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

She saw me an hour late and didn't apologize. She was rude, dismissed my concerns, and ignored prior medical professional's comments. She almost made me cry she was so heartless. She then never followed up regarding my blood work despite my calling her office multiple times. I will never go back to see her.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

I rarely leave comments about a doctor, and had high hopes when seeing Dr. Rackoff. based on her credentials. Although I was the first patient of the day, I waited 40 minutes to see the doctor. She spent very little time with me, after diagnosing me with a not so pleasant condition, prescribing a medication, offering very little time and interest in any questions I may have had about this serious condition and the meds she prescribed. There were other 'red' flags, but I felt a lack of interest in my case/care, did not feel comfortable asking questions- I would never go back to her. I rarely write reviews like this, but what a disappointing experience.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

I scheduled this appt 5 weeks ago to see Dr. Rackoff at NYU Langone. Office was a beautiful, state-of-the-art facility, with very pleasant staff. I arrived at 5:30 for a 5:30 appointment, and after waiting 1/2 hour, was told by administrative staff Dr. Rackoff could not see me as I arrived late. I was on time for my appointment, and this was confirmed by the front desk person. No one called to confirm this appointment with me, and I had actually called in myself to confirm and still no one told me to arrive earlier. Turns out I should've been asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment to complete paperwork, which again since no one confirmed the appointment with me, this was overlooked. I was obviously visibly irate, and very emotional. Was really looking forward to this appointment and left very disappointed after 1 1/2 hours and not being seen. I can never get back what i lost...time. I was rescheduled for today, with a different doctor.

Submitted May 29, 2014 | flag

I followed DR Rackoff from Beth Israel to NYU and the change is pretty incredible. I loved being her patient when she was at Beth Israel but the staff interactions were pretty frustrating. Dr Rackoff also seems much happier. She has been my doctir for 12 years for Sjogren's syndrome. I was tempted to switch my insurance to one of the Obama care plans but I wanted to make sure I could keep her as my rheumatologist.

Submitted April 18, 2014 | flag

I can't say enough about Dr Rackoff's expertise.i have an autoimmune skin condition which only she diagnosed after my seeing three other specialists. She called me at home twice to check up on me - a doctor with a big heart and mind.

Submitted March 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Paula Rackoff, is one in a million. I always look forward in seeing her, she is very patient and I can tell that she loves taking care of people and love what she does. I would recommend Dr. Rackoff to my friends and families. Keep up the great work..

Submitted March 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Rackoff seems like a pleasant person, and certainly seemed knowledgeable during the exam. However, she promised to call in 1 week to discuss blood test results. No call was ever received. It is now more than a MONTH since my test results were back, and despite numerous calls to the office, and repeated promises, no one ever calls. It is ridiculous to have to chase a Dr. down to get simple test results, but this has been my experience. If she is knowledgeable, I have no way of knowing! Definitely NOT worth the effort. Why did I bother going here, when I can't get my test results?

Submitted March 15, 2014 | flag