Rate Dr. Normand Beland

Dr. Normand Beland's Ratings

Dr. Beland has been my dentist for about 10 years. Every time I would go for a cleaning I'd get a different girl even though I told them I always liked a certain one. I started going to a hygiene clinic for my cleanings and I'm very happy there. When I went to see Dr. Beland for a check up (my new hygienist told me I had to go back to see him for a check) he said that if I don't come back to see his hygienist that he would not help me if I ever broke a tooth or had a tooth ache. I told him that I didn't like his girls who clean teeth and that I like where I go now but he still yelled at me and said I should think carefully about this.
He is a good dentist and has never hurt me but his manners suck. His front desk staff are pretty rude too and don't even look up at you when you are standing right in front of them.
I will not be going back to see him again because I know I have the right to have my teeth cleaned where ever I want and I won't be bullied by a dentist! And I'm pretty sure that ethically he has to see anyone who has a tooth ache or broken tooth even if they don't get their teeth cleaning done by his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. Beland doesn't show respect towards a clients decision to seek dental hygiene care with an independent hygienist even though the clients continues to see him for dental exams. He harasses and threatens his clients not to see them for emergencies or will charge them more if his clients seek their dental hygiene care outside of his office. No disrespect to his current dental hygiene team but not everyone has an entrepreneur goals to have their own clinic. Clients that spend thousands of dollars on major restorative treatment encouraged by the independent hygienist and the client is disrespected for supporting a hygienist that he/she is comfortable with. The message is very clear to clients that he's looking outfit himself only. I would like to see him do the same threats if one if his clients seek their prosthodontics, orthodontics or surgical care elsewhere? The hygienist in that office need to address this concern as they are mocking our profession by getting the ODA which still governs dental assistants to scale teeth! The communities need to know that they have a choice when it comes to oral hygiene care and to all hygienist who work in a traditional office, there's nothing comparable to deliver oral hygiene care to your clients on your own time! Physicians work with nurse practioners, time for the dentist to embrace the goal of delivering optimal oral health with the independent dental hygienist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

My girlfriend recommend Dr Beland, I have been seeing a periodontist in Toronto for years now (the closest I could get without a 6-9 month wait) on meeting Norm, my fears were totally eliminated, he was right on board, we all worked together and I still have my teeth...woo hoo...just got a call today that they hired a periodontist , I will be his first patient, so grateful to Dr Beland, his team and my favourite hygienist Katilyn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Amazing doctor, gentle and listens. Hard to book and never on time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr Beland is one of the best. The only thing is that it takes long to get an appointment. But, it`s worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

He is a knowledgeable, patient, and caring dentist. He is an absolutely amazing dentist and I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

Always have to wait a while before seeing him... sometimes an hour.. very busy office. Sometimes feels like I am being rushed. His nurses are very friendly, chatty and there to answer questions. He is a good dentist, very gentle, never feel the needles.. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I've had Dr. Beland for years. Never felt so much as a needle. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

WORST DENTIST IVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE HAD HIM MOST OF MY LIFE UNTILL HE STARTED SAYING WE HAD CAVETIES AFTER CAVATIEDS AFTER GOING TO SEE ANOTHER DENTIST I WAS TOLD NOT ONLY ME BUT THE WIFE WE HAD NO CAVATIES AT ALL FROM NOT JUST A SECOUND ONE BUT A THIRD ONE BE CAREFULL HE WILL RIP YOU OFF AND HIS MANER'S SUCK HE ONLY WANTS LOTS MONEY TO MAKE TRIPS HE SHOULD BE REPORTED

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

I got my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Beland quite a while ago. My sister did, as well, and he was wonderful. He even called our home in the evening after the surgery, just to follow up. That's the hallmark of somebody who truly cares!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928581].votes_count ]]