Rate Dr. Arash Akhavan

Dr. Arash Akhavan's Ratings

I found my experience w Dr Akhavan to be a very positive one. He was very kind and courteous and explained my condition and treatment plan in a way that I could understand. I had some questions and concerns, and he took time to explain to me in detail the risks and benefit as well as his opinion about how I should proceed. I found him to be intelligent, patient and personable and I would recommend him to friends and family (which I already have).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

Dr. A is the BEST! I have been to three different dermatologists about the same thing, and felt like I was getting nowhere. Dr. A was recommended to me by one of my coworkers, who said all the top execs at her office go to see him--I figured it was worth a shot. I am SO HAPPY I went. He was patient, caring and completely approachable. Took his time, thorough exam. Never going to anyone else. Ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2013

I went to this doctor because of the ratings he got here. I am starting to wonder if these are real reviews as this was by far the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune of going to. My appointment lasted 2 minutes, he did not even look at all of my issues, his assistant was in the room with us which made the consultation very awkward, and he MISDIAGNOSED my condition. I tried to ask him more questions about my skin condition and he basically shut me down, rushed me and was completely unhelpful. This was such a disappointing experience and I hope any one reading reviews on this site will not go to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

Clean office. Very nice nurse. The doctor seemed very caring and was very friendly. Dr. Akhavan spent a lot of time with me which is great compared to other dermatologists I have seen in NYC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

Seemed very intelligent. Was very approachable and nice. His nurse seemed caring as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2010

Agree with previous reviewers. Was vey pleasant, took his time, seemed to know what he was talking about. Definitely recommend him. Check in process took about 10 minutes, which is not too bad either.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

I don't think that I have ever had the misfortune of meeting a more arogant and self important doctor as this guy. I wouldn't have so much of a problem with this if I thought he knew waht he was talking about but I don't. I only saw him because he was in the same office as my previous wonderful dermatologist who recently passed way. I will not be going back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

Dr A is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever come across - he changed my life by telling me that I might have an autoimmune disease, after a year of shifting from doctor to doctor who could not diagnose me. I am beyond grateful to him. I also saw Dr Mark Lebwohl, head of Mr Sinai and head of the State Board for a 2nd opinion at the urging of Dr A, and Dr Lebwohl had NOTHING but amazing things to say about "one of his best students." Everyone in my office goes to Dr A now - he's kind, compassionate, follows up (via email, which is great), and is nice to his staff. He's stayed late for me before. I highly, highly recommend him for any procedure or issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

He lived up to every good rating I read online beforehand. I would definitely recommend him to everyone I know and see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Amazing experience with DR. Akhavan. Took the time to properly diagnose my skin conditions and very responsive with answering all my questions. I would highly recommend his services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928734].votes_count ]]