Dr. John Teshima

Rate Dr. John Teshima

Dr. John Teshima's Ratings

Extremely helpful, helped me the whole month I was at Sunnybrook. Diagnosed me right away and gave me the correct treatment instantly. Best psychiatrist I've ever had. Thanks Dr teshima!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

this man is amazing and efficient but doesn't treat you like youre a moron. he helped me during my admission, through my ocd tizzies, then whenever i was all neurotic like SHOULD THIS BE HAPPENING he calmly reassured me that it was 'to be expected'. he is super knowledgeable, friendly, personable but very efficient and great at his job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

Amazing man with the knowledge and care not many have! I am very glad my son is being cared for by him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

I'm going to make this simple. I went to Dr. T at a bad time in my life. I don't know how I would have gotten through my teenage years, high school, and university without him. I don't know where I'd be today without his guidance. Those sessions stay with me to this day. He listens, he offers suggestions, he thinks outside the box. There is absolutely no judgement in his office, which as a teenager was a great source of comfort. There is no better youth psychiatrist in Toronto. Period. I was incredibly lucky to have been referred to this man. Thank you Dr. T.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2013

He is my psychiatrist, he is my god saved me from my worst, My family and I are so blessed to have him in our lives. Please don't stop what your doing! I hope I can grow up to be just like you too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Very skilled at his job. Always calm and collected. Makes sure there is some sort of support in for his patients when not available. Offers his simple and rational help with anything. Truely a GREAT psychiatrist

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2011

I wish Dr. Teshima could be my psychiatrist. He helped me the most in the short time I saw him. He was respectful, very helpful giving me a load of information and even lending me books to help me. Sunnybrook is too far from my house and the psychiatrist I'm seeing there hasn't helped me get better at all in 8 years I've seen her for. She doesn't give me any information and when I was getting bullied when I was young she didn't help me at all of tell me to change schools or go to the Sunnybrook school. And now I'm going to university and she wants me to drop out. It seems she doesn't want me to be successful or cares at all about me. But Dr. Teshima was great but I don't think he's accepting new patients. I'm gonna go to CAMH though although I'm not sure if they're taking new patients but I'm sure it'll be better than staying with a psychiatrist that doesn't help at all and just uses you as a guinea pig. I don't want to say her name but I'm not the only patient that doesn't like her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Very respectful and helpful. Never patronizes patients or plays the authority figure card. One thing I found interesting was how he didn't react to whatever was being said in sessions in an emotional way. Although this was a bit odd for me, an emotional person, it added the benefit of not being swayed into feeding into a therapists' emotional reactions. Dr. Teshima was hands down the most helpful I have been to (psychologist or psychiatrist)because of his varying and overall respectful approach to helping his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Best psychiatrist I've had. Really easy going, compassionate and understanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2010

AMAZING DR, helped through a very rough patch and cares about all his patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][928781].votes_count ]]