Rate Dr. Tamara M. Simon

Dr. Tamara M. Simon's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Simon's for over 4 years and I have only had wonderful experiences.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

More than once, I made an appointment with Dr. Simon. Each time, a day or two ahead (after waiting 4-5 weeks for the appt.) they called and said she was not available for one reason or another and wanted to schedule me with the NP and then schedule with Dr. Simon "later." It was fairly obvious they were trying to funnel patients to the NP. I did not schedule this appt. to meet with an "unknown" NP. After looking at these ratings online, I can see it was a mistake to schedule with her at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

The staff at the front desk were rude and incompetent. I was questioned about payment in front of a full lobby and I didn't owe any money...bookkeeper's mistake.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][929012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

After initial appointment, I setup a follow-up appointment to go over labs the following week. The receptionist made a distasteful comment: "now you can see if you need help or if its your personality". Two days before follow-up appointment, receptionist called saying they need to reschedule because Dr. Simon is going out of town. Appointment was rescheduled with Diana (NP) and pushed out another week The next day, Asia (receptionist) called again and said Diana wasn't in the office that day and it will need to be rescheduled yet again. It was rescheduled to 4:20 that day with Dr. Simon. The day of the appointment, I was in my car driving to it (forgot to mention I live an hour away and made arrangements for my children to be taken care of) I get a call from Asia saying Dr. Simon has a medical emergency and will have to reschedule. Apparently my time isn't as valuable as theirs. I don't have enough room here to finish my complaint. Would not recommend!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][929009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

I've go to Dr Simon's office over 2 years for hormone replacement therapy. The worst experience of my life. It took over a week for the Dr to finally call me back. On a Friday before a holiday, her receptionist Asia called me and told me "Dr Simon will call you between certain time, after she gets her grandchildren to sleep...You must be available to take her call".Dr. Simon finally called back after the long weekend on a Tuesday to tell me she's on a plane in Montana vacationing. After I explained my hormones off, she said she has my labs from 5 months ago and they LOOKED GOOD! Then told me "hormones don't fluctuate that quickly,and what you're feeling is probably personal, the result of stress and your family"! In tears I hung up and my husband called her back on speaker phone. She told both of us "I have over 20 thousand patients and not enough time for all of them. It is your wife's problem and if she should have called my office back if I felt it was a big problem".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2012

Horrible experience. I never did speak with Dr. Simon nor see her. She had her assistants talk to me and they had no answers, treatment plan for my severe abdominal pain. They did an ultra sound and found a cyst and I still did not hear anything from her. Her assistant told me to go to the emergency room if my pain got too bad...that was it other than a $200 bill.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][929011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

This doctor, if you can call her that, should have lost her medical license years ago. She over prescribes and orders multiple unnecessary tests. When you first start taking the bio identical hormones she prescribes you may start to feel better but will soon find out after they build up in your system that you are taking unnecessary medication. She prescribes the same thyroid and testosterone for everyone even though you do not need it. As another post stated, check the medical board website and you too will wonder with all the complaints against her, why she is allowed to practice at all. There are plenty of reputable, ethical doctors and NP's out there that can help you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Dr. Simon attempted the NovaSure but it failed - she also prescribed thyroid med's and testosterone for me. I never felt any better the time I was a patient of her practice. I felt worse than ever...many phone calls made to her asking if she could see me for follow up since I felt worse but was told to just keep taking the med she prescribed and hang in there...I asked her multiple times if it was my DHEA that was off since everything I read pointed to that...she admitted it was low but was not going to worry about it as I should just be taking the testo and thyroid med's...I eventually reached my cross roads with the lack of listening and caring so I did a little research, found a new hormone practice and once all the hormones Dr. Simon prescribed were out of my system had my blood work done again...find out, I never neeeded thyroid medication nor testo...only DHEA which is available without a prescription! I would not recommend Dr. Simon for GYN/Hormone needs. Just my experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929006].votes_count ]]