You may also like

Rate Dr. Tamara M. Simon

Dr. Tamara M. Simon's Ratings

I had been to three other doctors about my thyroid, and all of them said my test results were just fine. I knew something was wrong because I was exhausted all of the time, (no matter how much I slept), my skin was dry and itchy, my hair was falling out like crazy, and I couldn't drop a single pound even on a 1200 calorie per day diet with exercise! Dr. Tamara Simon ran all of the tests for thyroid. When I came back she put me on thyroid medication that has totally changed my life! She said she treats the PATIENT not the NUMBERS on the test. My thyroid was low functioning but not enough to show up on the tests the other doctors ran. I have scheduled an appointment for the NovaSure and I can't wait to stop having periods. The staff has always been friendly to me, and last time I went in (yesterday) they spent a lot of time answering all of my many questions about NovaSure. I would definitely recommend Dr. Simon to a friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

First and foremost, do not waste your time scheduling an appointment with this office. Aside from the staff being rude and snobby, it is apparent that Dr. Simon is in practice soley for the money rather than for the patients care, treatment and well being. They over book appointments and do not return calls. The tests that were done, supposedly did not determine any diagnosis and they ketp pushing for the NovaSure procedure and wanted me to schedule an appointment right away to have it done. When leaving that day, I paid what my portion of the bill was (I had already contacted my insureance to find out what the allowable contractual amount was) and they told me I had no balance. I was harrassed for still owing a balance. I decided to get a second opinion and come to find out I had a serious condition and needed to have a partial hysterectomy. I was told the tests that were ran at RMGH should have give some red flags there was something serous going on. I feel that Dr. Simon and her staff are all about money and status. Something interesting my family MD had commented once, a doctor who does advertising (radio) is a red flag. Now I hear the most asinine and annoying radio commercial for this practice with woman who can't sing to save their life! I would not go to this practice just for this horrible advertisement!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2736602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I visited Dr. Simon's office for 9 months before finally throwing in the towel. At my initial visit, the wrong labs & tests were done & when I asked Dr. Simon about on a follow-up she said, "Oh, I hoped you wouldn't ask about those" and proceeded to blame someone else. That should have been my first clue to leave. Dr. Simon's manner is abrupt & direct. She leaves little room for questions & does not explain care well even when directly asked. I received treatment for a supposed condition for 6 months, including steroid & hormonal creams and a painful vaginal biopsy, only to discover in the end that I had previously come back positive for a yeast infection that was never treated. It was noted on my chart & the nurse & Dr played the blame game as to why no one had noticed & treated me for it in the time I had been coming there. The infection had become so widespread & chronic by this time I could barely sit for periods of time & was in constant pain. One simple treatment & I was fine. We spent 6 painful months chasing the wrong diagnosis because my chart wasn't adequately reviewed. The office called me back with the biopsy results later stating it was inconclusive but that Dr. Simon was certain her initial diagnosis was correct. I requested that I would like to speak to Dr. Simon personally about my results & each time another nurse called me back. I will never return to this office. I would strongly recommend avoiding her practice.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2714682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Simon's for over 4 years and I have only had wonderful experiences.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2650952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

More than once, I made an appointment with Dr. Simon. Each time, a day or two ahead (after waiting 4-5 weeks for the appt.) they called and said she was not available for one reason or another and wanted to schedule me with the NP and then schedule with Dr. Simon "later." It was fairly obvious they were trying to funnel patients to the NP. I did not schedule this appt. to meet with an "unknown" NP. After looking at these ratings online, I can see it was a mistake to schedule with her at all.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2614079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2496350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

The staff at the front desk were rude and incompetent. I was questioned about payment in front of a full lobby and I didn't owe any money...bookkeeper's mistake.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][929012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

After initial appointment, I setup a follow-up appointment to go over labs the following week. The receptionist made a distasteful comment: "now you can see if you need help or if its your personality". Two days before follow-up appointment, receptionist called saying they need to reschedule because Dr. Simon is going out of town. Appointment was rescheduled with Diana (NP) and pushed out another week The next day, Asia (receptionist) called again and said Diana wasn't in the office that day and it will need to be rescheduled yet again. It was rescheduled to 4:20 that day with Dr. Simon. The day of the appointment, I was in my car driving to it (forgot to mention I live an hour away and made arrangements for my children to be taken care of) I get a call from Asia saying Dr. Simon has a medical emergency and will have to reschedule. Apparently my time isn't as valuable as theirs. I don't have enough room here to finish my complaint. Would not recommend!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][929009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

I've go to Dr Simon's office over 2 years for hormone replacement therapy. The worst experience of my life. It took over a week for the Dr to finally call me back. On a Friday before a holiday, her receptionist Asia called me and told me "Dr Simon will call you between certain time, after she gets her grandchildren to sleep...You must be available to take her call".Dr. Simon finally called back after the long weekend on a Tuesday to tell me she's on a plane in Montana vacationing. After I explained my hormones off, she said she has my labs from 5 months ago and they LOOKED GOOD! Then told me "hormones don't fluctuate that quickly,and what you're feeling is probably personal, the result of stress and your family"! In tears I hung up and my husband called her back on speaker phone. She told both of us "I have over 20 thousand patients and not enough time for all of them. It is your wife's problem and if she should have called my office back if I felt it was a big problem".

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][929008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2012

Horrible experience. I never did speak with Dr. Simon nor see her. She had her assistants talk to me and they had no answers, treatment plan for my severe abdominal pain. They did an ultra sound and found a cyst and I still did not hear anything from her. Her assistant told me to go to the emergency room if my pain got too bad...that was it other than a $200 bill.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][929011].votes_count ]]