Rate Dr. Anthony R. Bittar

Dr. Anthony R. Bittar's Ratings

Dr. Bittar removed my adenoids and sent me home a few hours later. Problem is, I have Addison's disease. With Addison's disease, with any procedure, you have to be admitted to the hospital for up to a week and be given corticosteroid treatment, or face adrenal crisis- which leads to coma and death. He said he knew about Addison's. I had been to the ER two nights before the surgery and been given antibiotics. He only did blood test right before the surgery. I became extremely ill. I am still sick. Apparently, he didn't remember some things from med school, and didn't take the time to look it up and refresh his memory. I found out four months later, after getting the biopsy report that I have a growth or tumor in my nasopharygeal area that has an infection and also reactive oncocytic and lymphoid hyperplasia. I know, med speak. It can turn into cancer. He only told me my adenoids were not cancerous. Didn't mention the tumor. His nurse kept my records from me. I was stuck in bed with diapers, and couldn't even sit up, much less come in to sign for my records. I begged him to put me in the hospital, and he refused over and over. I am on Medicaid, and having problems finding a doctor who can admit me to the hospital. Amerigroup is slow. I am on antibiotics to this day, and sometimes have to double or triple my hydrocortisone to pull myself out of adrenal crisis. My endocrinologist is worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604023].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Physician is, first of all, professional but personable, as well, thorough, has an excellent manner with patients, thoroughly explains procedures, reasons for them and provides careful follow up care. Staff have all been helpful, friendly and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2013

Dr Bittar is GREAT. Very personable and professional. He saw me daily after my surgery due to some bleeding. I didn't feel like my wait time was too long. He is very compassionate a me staff was friendly as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

They make you wait at least one hour in the lubby , then after they take you to a room you have to wait again. so you sould be planning to spend at least 2 hours for a regular appointment. There is also a woman that works at the front desk her name is (STAR) , she gets very rude and ugly to people sometimes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

have been using Dr Bittar since 1987 for throat tumor, again in 1994 for my daughter to have her tonsils out, again in 1996 for sons tonsils again in 2010 for tumor in my neck gland - hes an excellent surgeon and the scars on my neck are next to nothing... very important!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

staff very helpfull and polite. This was my first visit to Dr Bittar - I was extremely pleased with the level of service I received from Dr Bittar and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2011

My mom took me to see him when I was 12 for tonsils. When I was 18 I needed to go back for nose bleeds. When I was 25 I took my daughter there for her ear/throat issues. And now at 35 my sinuses were horrible, he took care of me, followed through from start to finish and even when my nose bleeds continued he saw me after hours so I could get there. Yes, the wait is horrible, but how many times have you complained when a doctor's office rushed you out? Its unexpected & quality care is not rushed. You have to choose, is your health/surgery worth the wait? I say YES!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

He knew what I have before checking me and he's the first doctor I felt he care about his patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2011

Very well liked in Austin, he's really done well with my surgery and follow-up. Definately recommend to others. Allowing for extra time is a small inconvenience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2008

waited 2 hours in office... on two occassions. He is a very likeable character but has horrible time management from what it seems. He did a great job on my surgery, but was not much help in the recovery process. I would recommend him; however, make PLENTY of time for your appts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][929359].votes_count ]]