Rate Dr. Lawrence L. Herman

Dr. Lawrence L. Herman's Ratings

Amazing intuition. Brilliant. Caring. Hardworking. Saved my life. Truly. I've been seeing him for over 15 years as my primary care and gastroenterologist. He is affiliated with top hospitals and makes great recommendations. A very busy small office may be off-putting to some, but it's because he's great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Based on my experience I found my initial consult with this physician to be unsatisfactory. Primarily, I had to wait over an hour to be seen while being seated very uncomfortably in a very packed waiting room, virtually on top of other patients. The "consult" itself was marked by indifference, preoccupation, and a lack of connection of this physician with me. In addition his office appeared extremely disorganized and messy leading me to question that if this is the way I am being treated initially how will I be treated as a patient. Based on these observations, I decided to seek the services of another Gastroenterologist because I was concerned that the issues noted may potentially increase the possibility of some form of medical error.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I've seen this Dr 2x now. Once for Colonoscopy in 2007 and again more recently for some GI lactose issues. He is a very kind and knowledgable doctor. His diagnosis was quick and accurate and he really worked through a plan of care with me that I was comfortable with. Added plus is that the girls at the desk are soooo nice and helpful which is so refreshing when you are not feeling well. - MS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Very straight forward doctor. He is honest and caring, does not waste time nor play game. If one wants a down to earth doctor, its Dr. Lawrence Herman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

I recently switched PCP's and was referred to Dr. Herman by a friend. I went to him for my annual physical and found him to be a very nice and knowledgeable doctor. The one aspect of Dr. Herman which I was pleased with is he doesn't rush you in your examination and takes his time to answer all of your questions & concerns. He also answers emails quickly which is great! Would definitely recommend him for as a PCP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2009

I use Dr Herman as my internist. I've found him to be very competent and a good listener.His credentials are top notch. He answers e mails within a day. I have never had to wait for an unreasonable amount of time. He wants you to keep him updated with your other doctor reports mammogram, OBY, etc. as he is computerizing all his records. He is busy but I never felt rushed and he has a sense of humor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Herman for many years for treatment of ulcerative colitis (including annual colonoscopys). Dr. Herman has grown and improved and matured in his patient interactions. I rate as EXCELLENT his knowledge, intelligence, skills, thoroughness, patience, ability to listen, compassion, empathy, and sense of humor. I recently moved from NYC to CT and am reluctant to give him up as my specialist. You will be in the best of hands. (My only complaint is the consistent lack of punctuality - seeing the doctor can by 30-90 minutes beyond the appointment time. However, once I am taken the doctor takes the time to answer all questions and concerns.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

excellent- knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. he also listens to his patients' concerns and suggestions for treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930013].votes_count ]]