Dr. Allen Cooper

Dr. Allen Cooper

Rate Dr. Allen Cooper

Dr. Allen Cooper's Ratings

in my lifetime, I have seen over 10 psychiatrists, and cooper is by far the worst. I had to walk out of his office. didn't care, and never seemed to listen. if cooper had to start his own private practice, he would go bankrupt. the only reason cooper is still practicing is because there is a shortage of good doctors. without ohip, cooper would be basically jobless. on his own, and without taxpayers paying his salary, cooper would be helpless.

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Cooper is the most thick headed arrogant Doctor I have ever met. Went with my wife who is bipolar (diagnised by 2 other therapists) and he tells her she is normal and that no meds can help her and that he knows best end of story. Doesn't even care to hear what I have to say. Proven fact that when dealing with a bipolar, the spouse is key when helping maintain and help this disease. He is past his time with modern medicine and needs to just retire.

Submitted May 20, 2014 | flag

This man is terrible. Insisted on his opinion without fact. Would not listen to symptoms or tests taken. Said needed help, see you in 4 months when I return !!!! ?? We have not seen anyone worse than him. A real waste of time. Went to USA found a specialist who properly read the MRI/MRA`s etc. provided set a plan and his treatment returned us to a normal life. He puts everyone down with his comments he is a hazard not a help at all.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2013 | flag

I had a great visit with Dr. Cooper! I felt very uplifted after my office call. He counselled me on my issues, and he seemed to know what was bothering me before I spoke about it. He was very friendly and took the time to speak and listen to me. He dealt with me in a holistic way!

Submitted Aug. 12, 2013 | flag

Wow, if you do your research you will find that this doctor is a professor emeritus of psychiatry (so yes, he is more than a registered psychiatrist), and helped run the St. Thomas Psychiatry Institute. He is frank and candid. He is interested in mental illness and not providing people with drugs or "solutions". There are no solutions in the hands of a doctor. A good psychiatrist will weed out the whiners, abusers, and those trying to manipulate the system. He gave it to me straight so that "I" could learn to help myself. Turns out I wasn't mentally ill and didn't need to lean on any drugs. If you cannot take it straight or are trying to "get something out of the system" don't waste your time. He is a very intelligent doctor who sees through the crap. Also, considering he is the only psychiatrist in town taking new patients, I would say he is a caring doctor.

Submitted March 18, 2013 | flag

Worst Dr I ever saw.He put me down every chance he got.He dosen't care about anyone but himself.He said he could not help me and would'nt try to any more.He should retire, before he gets banned from his practice.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2012 | flag

I'd like to 2nd about every negative comment about dr. cooper that I read above. Additionally he was involved locally with the 'Phallametry` testing which has now been discredited, but not before he buggered-up a lot of lives over nothing more than gratifying his own ego. Do thy patient no harm indeed.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

Very blunt but honest. I loved that he is not just trying to supply drugs to support the pharmaceutical companies, being in this field for 51 years he has seen a lot and the effects of numerous medications and realizes that we are all different and what works for one person will work differently for someone else therefore he cannot promise it will work. He realizes drugs are a crutch to get through rough times. Psychiatry is a very uncertain field and there are no miracle cures for mental health issues and I think people expect to go in and find the perfect solution and unfortunately there is not one. Dr. Cooper may not be for everyone but I think he is more knowledgeable then you realize and is not shy to admit the short comings of psychiatry. There is so much we don’t know about the human brain and he realizes that.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2011 | flag

My boyfriend has been suffering from crippling depression and addiction and this was the first psychiatrist he had ever seen in an attempt to continue on his path to well being. This doctor told him that not only could he not do anything for him, but that when gets suicidal and depressed that it was "none of his business" and there "was nothing he could do for him." The actions of this doctor are despicable and he makes a bad name for psychiatrists in this city. He should be disbarred for not only being completely out of touch with modern medicine but also because he clearly has no care or empathy for his patients. A doctor takes an oath to protect the safety and security of a patient and that is the last thing on the mind of this doctor. Just because there is a lack of psychiatrists in Sarnia, it does not mean that men like this should be able to practice. If this is the doctor you are offered, he may do far more harm than good. In fact it is almost guaranteed.

Submitted March 26, 2011 | flag