You may also like

Rate Dr. Allen Cooper

Dr. Allen Cooper's Ratings

I found Dr . Cooper to be most helpful. He retired because he had fiftyfour years into psychiatry. Time to spend time out of the hospital decore and live. He was very much a listener and had a great mind for conversation. I rather miss him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2802950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

The man doesn't believe in anything that has developed in psychiatry since the 1970s. Horrendous.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2786904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I agree with the negative comments that I have just read. Dr. Cooper is lucky that all that happened to him was that he was forced to "retire" by the hospital. He has really messed me up with medication from 1920!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2697370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

He was the only available psychiatrist in Sarnia and now I know why. Every negative comment you've read here is exactly what I have experienced. He told me to "suck it up", that he didn't want to hear any more of my problems, and he only wanted to hear positive things. Why would I be going to a psychiatrist if I only had positive things to say?? He's mean, he's a bully, he's judgmental, and he has zero compassion. I was desperate for help and I left his office feeling 10 times worse than I did going in. Thankfully, I found another psychologist. He diagnosed me with PTSD, panic attacks, and anxiety. Does that sound like something a person should just "suck up"?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2624058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I found him very good. He and I had a wonderful conversation which left me feeling positive. I didn't see arrogance. He helped me with some issues and I don't want to be on any drugs making me a zombie anyway.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

to the person who said they went to US to have MRI read...! WTF! Psychiatrists don't read MRI's... O and for all the others who complain that doctor doesn't listen to patient detail symptoms...doc is doing his own diagnosis based on what you say/act/react etc. Does a brain surgeon need you to diagnose yourself? No. Psychiatrists are monitoring everything you say and how you say it in order to diagnose you....mental illness or pain in the rear end who wants drugs or a rubber stamp saying you cannot work!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2581460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

in my lifetime, I have seen over 10 psychiatrists, and cooper is by far the worst. I had to walk out of his office. didn't care, and never seemed to listen. if cooper had to start his own private practice, he would go bankrupt. the only reason cooper is still practicing is because there is a shortage of good doctors. without ohip, cooper would be basically jobless. on his own, and without taxpayers paying his salary, cooper would be helpless.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2481793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Cooper is the most thick headed arrogant Doctor I have ever met. Went with my wife who is bipolar (diagnised by 2 other therapists) and he tells her she is normal and that no meds can help her and that he knows best end of story. Doesn't even care to hear what I have to say. Proven fact that when dealing with a bipolar, the spouse is key when helping maintain and help this disease. He is past his time with modern medicine and needs to just retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

This man is terrible. Insisted on his opinion without fact. Would not listen to symptoms or tests taken. Said needed help, see you in 4 months when I return !!!! ?? We have not seen anyone worse than him. A real waste of time. Went to USA found a specialist who properly read the MRI/MRA`s etc. provided set a plan and his treatment returned us to a normal life. He puts everyone down with his comments he is a hazard not a help at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][930393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2013

I had a great visit with Dr. Cooper! I felt very uplifted after my office call. He counselled me on my issues, and he seemed to know what was bothering me before I spoke about it. He was very friendly and took the time to speak and listen to me. He dealt with me in a holistic way!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][930392].votes_count ]]