Dr. Allen Cooper

Rate Dr. Allen Cooper

Dr. Allen Cooper's Ratings

I found him very good. He and I had a wonderful conversation which left me feeling positive. I didn't see arrogance. He helped me with some issues and I don't want to be on any drugs making me a zombie anyway.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

to the person who said they went to US to have MRI read...! WTF! Psychiatrists don't read MRI's... O and for all the others who complain that doctor doesn't listen to patient detail symptoms...doc is doing his own diagnosis based on what you say/act/react etc. Does a brain surgeon need you to diagnose yourself? No. Psychiatrists are monitoring everything you say and how you say it in order to diagnose you....mental illness or pain in the rear end who wants drugs or a rubber stamp saying you cannot work!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2581460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

in my lifetime, I have seen over 10 psychiatrists, and cooper is by far the worst. I had to walk out of his office. didn't care, and never seemed to listen. if cooper had to start his own private practice, he would go bankrupt. the only reason cooper is still practicing is because there is a shortage of good doctors. without ohip, cooper would be basically jobless. on his own, and without taxpayers paying his salary, cooper would be helpless.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2481793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Cooper is the most thick headed arrogant Doctor I have ever met. Went with my wife who is bipolar (diagnised by 2 other therapists) and he tells her she is normal and that no meds can help her and that he knows best end of story. Doesn't even care to hear what I have to say. Proven fact that when dealing with a bipolar, the spouse is key when helping maintain and help this disease. He is past his time with modern medicine and needs to just retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

This man is terrible. Insisted on his opinion without fact. Would not listen to symptoms or tests taken. Said needed help, see you in 4 months when I return !!!! ?? We have not seen anyone worse than him. A real waste of time. Went to USA found a specialist who properly read the MRI/MRA`s etc. provided set a plan and his treatment returned us to a normal life. He puts everyone down with his comments he is a hazard not a help at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][930393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2013

I had a great visit with Dr. Cooper! I felt very uplifted after my office call. He counselled me on my issues, and he seemed to know what was bothering me before I spoke about it. He was very friendly and took the time to speak and listen to me. He dealt with me in a holistic way!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][930392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Wow, if you do your research you will find that this doctor is a professor emeritus of psychiatry (so yes, he is more than a registered psychiatrist), and helped run the St. Thomas Psychiatry Institute. He is frank and candid. He is interested in mental illness and not providing people with drugs or "solutions". There are no solutions in the hands of a doctor. A good psychiatrist will weed out the whiners, abusers, and those trying to manipulate the system. He gave it to me straight so that "I" could learn to help myself. Turns out I wasn't mentally ill and didn't need to lean on any drugs. If you cannot take it straight or are trying to "get something out of the system" don't waste your time. He is a very intelligent doctor who sees through the crap. Also, considering he is the only psychiatrist in town taking new patients, I would say he is a caring doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][930391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Worst Dr I ever saw.He put me down every chance he got.He dosen't care about anyone but himself.He said he could not help me and would'nt try to any more.He should retire, before he gets banned from his practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2012

I'd like to 2nd about every negative comment about dr. cooper that I read above. Additionally he was involved locally with the 'Phallametry` testing which has now been discredited, but not before he buggered-up a lot of lives over nothing more than gratifying his own ego. Do thy patient no harm indeed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930389].votes_count ]]