Rate Dr. Haydon A. Moorman

Dr. Haydon A. Moorman's Ratings

When I first started seeing him I thought he was great. After a while, though, I changed my opinion. I just felt he didn't understand my problems and was unable to provide me with a good plan of action for treating and dealing with my forms of arthrist. I finally left his practice and am now happy with a new provider.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

My former doctor retired and my files (with my consent) were transferred to Dr. Moorman. Since I was a new patient I was told that 40 minutes was allowed for my first visit. The visit was 1 hour and 20 minutes. Dr. Morrman spent the time to get to know me as a patient and did an extremely through exam of all my joints. I was told that he does run behind with his patients and that coming first thing in the morning is a better option if I need to get to work earlier in the day. I was impressed that he took his own notes. At least this first appointment with him left a good impression. The office staff was also very helpful and his nurse is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2011

I am so very happy with Dr. Moorman! He was very thorough & took the time necessary to evaluate my condition (which is why I am sure his appts run behind some) & I don't mind waiting a bit for good care. He was able to find & diagnose many problems I have had for a long time with no relief found from other drs. I have seen. He prescribed treatment so I don't have to be in the pain I have had for so long. He is a very down to earth person, & easy to talk to. The staff has always been very helpful and nice to deal with. I am very thankful to have Dr. Moorman for my dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

I must admit that I'm shocked by the negative reviews (which is why I'm writing this). He was reserved, but so thorough, that I didn't mind the fact that I had to wait for him. He was able to diagnose and treat 15 years of pain and agony. No other doctor had a clue what was wrong with me. He could tell where bursas were by simple observation. He was the first doctor who even had me stand up and do some of the exercises. To me, he is a life saver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2010

app. was at 2 o clock got to see the doctor at 3:20.he went to lunch and left me waiting without saying anything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

I really like Dr. Moorman. I do not understand the poor ratings. I believe these people are NEVER happy with anything and always find negative things to complain about. I have been seeing him for almost a year and a half. I have to visit every month. I have never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to see him. He has never been not friendly. Some of these people may not know his wife is VERY sick and that might have been why he could of had a bad day. I don't believe he would intensionally make someone feel uncomfortable or not important to him. There has been a couple times where he was quit in the beginning of our appt. but by the end we have laughed about someting. A couple of the girls up front were not to friendly in the beginning, but since some of them have moved to the basement the remaining girls are nice. His nurse is the BEST! Whoever read this, please give him a chance, he is a good doctor. It does take a couple times to get to know him. Please have an open mind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2009

I just can't agree with a good rating for this doctor. He was always late when I went to see him. He gave me the wrong med on more than one occasion. He said some very inappropriate things about my condition that bordered on sexual harassment.The moodiness was too extreme for me when I didn't feel well. He knew nothing about my disease and rheumy's are supposed to specialize in my problem. My own doctor said that she will no longer refer patients to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2009

I have been to see him 3 times. The first time he was nice, but didn't seem very informative. I didn't really feel like he totally listened to me. Riped out a diagnosis just on seeing me. The second time the people running the office forgot to pull my file for the day so I had to sit an wait and extra 45 mins to see him. And when I did it was a quick in and out. After that they called and cancels my next apointment. Said they would call back but never did. A year later my family dr makes me go back. They blame me for them never calling me back. You never called and set up a new apointment. Um you where suposed to call me.. What the hell. I go in to see him. In cronic pain. And he took a lot of time with me I will give him that. But he totally threw out the idea my family dr had. Came up with his own. Okay maybe he knows better than she does. Gives me meds of for bursitis in my hips that are not working and is only solution is shots in my hips. I'm not sure I want to do that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2008

I have to agree with the person who gave this doctor a low rating . I have been to Dr. Mooreman 5 times. He never remembers what he talked to me about at the last appointment. He wrote the wrong medicine on one of my prescriptions and the pharmacist had to correct it. He re-wrote a prescription in front of me saying " I always get those two mixed up " The last 3 appointments he was over an hour late . He spent much of the time talking about something other than my case. His personality is different everytime I see him . I never know if he will be in a good or bad mood. I will never go to him again .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2008

Dr. Moorman is thorough in his examination. He takes the time to answer questions, and is very methodical in his approach. I find him to be conservative in his treatments, and compassionate in his care. He takes time with me and never rushes me out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][930579].votes_count ]]