Dr. Louis B. Malinow

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Louis B. Malinow has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

10/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 2808999
23/08/13 1 1 1 1 Avoid at all costs. Most arrogant in town. Rude and has huge ego.  Respond
RID: 1486837
14/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lou is a very kind, thoughtful, and compassionate doctor. When he decided to go concierge, I intended to use someone else. However, after hearing him speak about why he was changing, I could not get my check book out fast enough. He is very knowledgable and very thorough, and I feel that I have the best health care available. His staff has always been very friendly and courteous.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1298799
22/11/10 5 5 5 5 After Dr. Lou went boutique I was forced to look elsewhere for a physician. I have searched high and low for a doctor as thorough and as caring as Louis Malinow. I have not yet found one. I am going back. The fee to see him is fair. The guy is in business after all and I don't see him as money-grubbing and out to attract high profile patients. He has saved the lives of two people I know personally. He is brilliant and kind and a wonderful doctor. I like his office staff as well. I've never had a problem with them. I know when I am ill I am not in the state of mind to have a friendly chat with the office staff, but at the same time there is no reason to be rude. I will have to go without a few luxuries this year to cover the cost, but I can rest easy knowing I am getting the best care in Baltimore.
RID: 1228313
13/08/10 1 1 1 3 I saw Louis Malinow when he used to be at his old Pikesville location on Old Court Road. He was arrogant, did not return phone calls and did not listen to my concerns. I changed physicians prior to his move to concierge medicine. His office staff was horrible. They either ignored me or were rude. They were over-worked, seemed unhappy at best or angry/ irritable usually. Dr. Malinow made inappropriate comments to me at times and I hated going there. I finally left his practice for another physician.
RID: 1099205
06/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Louis Malinow is an excellent physician. He is a very knowledgable and compassionate doctor. I think it is unfair for others to criticize him on his new practice because I feel his intentions are good. -Katina
RID: 1070574
06/01/10 1 2 4 5 My wife signed up and paid $1500 in November 2008. Her physical was scheduled for July 2009, 7 month later. When she went to see dr Malinow with a problem, he told her "There no magic bullets". Is that what you get for $1500? Staff is rude and not helpful at all. She is no longer a patient as you may guess.
RID: 999863
01/10/09 3 4 5 5 Really excellent doctor. I stayed with him through the change to boutique practice- am I happy about the $1,500? Absolutley not, but for a doctor I trust and respect, I will pay it as long as I can afford it- this is my health on the line.
RID: 922238
25/06/09 4 5 5 5 VERY UPSET THAT DR LOUS SAID HE WOULD NOT CHANGE TO VIP AND THEN DID. SAD THAT $$ IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT NOT THE CLIENT'S THAT HAD SUPPORTED HIM IN THE PAST. WHEN WILL THE PATIENT MATTER???  Respond
RID: 815961
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 depending on the age of the patient,if the patient can afford the fee,it is worth it to get the bedt care
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 781968
05/02/09 3 3 4 4 I used to see Stanford Malinow and my sister saw Louis. I think Louis became motivated by money and as a result changes were made to the practice which benefited him and not the patients. It was Louis who caused the change in location and the move to only seeing patients who paid $1500 a year out of pcoket just to be able to se the doctor. Louis caters to more high end patients like Ray Lewis, Stanford catered to long term patients, many elderly and many familys. However's Louis motivation to make money caused Stanford to be supportive of his son, instead on the ultimate focus of the patient. Patient's who helped build a practice should not be casted off due to the love of money, and rubbing elbows with the well off. Very unhappy with the idea of discarding patients. There is an icyness about the office staff for Louis, Stanford's staff were better. People first then money!!!  Respond
RID: 674995
27/08/08 3 5 5 5 I agree with all of the prior posts. Dr. Lou is an excellent doc, his office staff is mediocre (which is far better than most doctor's office staff which are awful). While they are modiocre, mediocre is excellent in comparison. However this $1500/year arrangement is wrong. It is unfair to require patients to pay $1500 a year just to have the right to see you. If you are old and the government pays for your health insurance than it is not a big deal to pay 1500 for the right to see your doc. But is you are a young/middle aged person with a family, and paying up to $10,000 for health insurance, it is unfair to expect an additional 1500 on top of all of the copays and deductibles that the patient needs to pay. Basically, only old people and wealthy people can avail themselves of Dr. Lou now. Sounds like a violation of the Hippocratic oath that Dr. Lou took when he graduated medical school.
RID: 674889
27/08/08 1 2 2 3 Office staff extremely rude; Dr Malinow will now only see patients willing to pay an annual, up-front fee of $1,500.  Respond
RID: 673970
26/08/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lou is the best physician I EVER had! He listened and was there for me through some very difficult times. He is very kind, thoughtful and leaves no stone unturned. If Dr. Lou stopped taking my insurance, I would pay out of pocket to continue seeing him!!  Respond
RID: 619772
20/06/08 5 5 5 5 I'm alive and can speak normally because of Dr. Lou. He found my thyroid Cancer during a routine physical not found by Dr. J.Gitter, my previous doctor. Dr. Lou arranged surgery promptly. The surgeon suggested my vocal cord and trachea would have been breached if my condition had continued without prompt intervention. During other examinations,Malinow became concerned, and I was sent to hospitals for tests. Cancer was discovered in my kidney, lungs and liver. Dr. Malinow carefully selected professionals who now look after my interests. During my last hospital visit, I remember his calling frequently to talk to emergency room personnel. Dr. Lou was making sure the staff knew the seriousness of my clotting condition. What amazes me is how he manages time with so many patients demanding parts of him. I'm delighted he had time for me. Without Dr. Malinow's concern, knowledge and intervention I would not be alive. Because of his help I have a future.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 606996
04/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Louis Malinow is a conscientious, caring and intelligent internal medicine physician. He is thorough, kind and has been providing care for Paul for the past 9 years. He always returns calls, checks lab work and we appreciate him. We also commend the office staff, especially his secretary Harriett. My husband and I have the utmost respect and our trust in him. Thanks Dr. Lou for all that you have done for us. Helen and Paul Klatsky
RID: 599335
26/05/08 5 5 5 5 As a clinical pharmacist, I have consulted with literally hundreds of physicians and specialists. He is by far one of the most knowledgable physicians that I have EVER interacted with. A brilliant young physician who has my trust and I am most confident in his care. His office is very busy and it is hard to contact him personally right away. But he does call back by the end of the day. I think his fantastic care far out weighs the issues of his call backs.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 510341
10/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Malinow is an outstanding physician. He is very knowledgeable and takes time to listen to the patient.  Respond
RID: 473750
31/12/07 5 5 5 5 Very good doctor. Very interested in whatever health problem you may have. He is very knowledgeable about what is going on in the medical world and the latest information that may help his patients. Trys to give you as much time as you may need even though he is obviously very busy. Believes in making sure his patients have the best care and any up-to-date tests or medication they may need. Very pleasant to speak to.
RID: 450368
26/11/07 4 4 5 5 Very good doctor, takes time to listen to your problems, which is important. Never had any problems with him. He can be busy at times though (cause he is good!)
Insurance: Aetna