Rate Dr. Louis B. Malinow

Dr. Louis B. Malinow's Ratings

Avoid at all costs. Most arrogant in town. Rude and has huge ego.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lou is a very kind, thoughtful, and compassionate doctor. When he decided to go concierge, I intended to use someone else. However, after hearing him speak about why he was changing, I could not get my check book out fast enough. He is very knowledgable and very thorough, and I feel that I have the best health care available. His staff has always been very friendly and courteous.

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag

After Dr. Lou went boutique I was forced to look elsewhere for a physician. I have searched high and low for a doctor as thorough and as caring as Louis Malinow. I have not yet found one. I am going back. The fee to see him is fair. The guy is in business after all and I don't see him as money-grubbing and out to attract high profile patients. He has saved the lives of two people I know personally. He is brilliant and kind and a wonderful doctor. I like his office staff as well. I've never had a problem with them. I know when I am ill I am not in the state of mind to have a friendly chat with the office staff, but at the same time there is no reason to be rude. I will have to go without a few luxuries this year to cover the cost, but I can rest easy knowing I am getting the best care in Baltimore.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag

I saw Louis Malinow when he used to be at his old Pikesville location on Old Court Road. He was arrogant, did not return phone calls and did not listen to my concerns. I changed physicians prior to his move to concierge medicine. His office staff was horrible. They either ignored me or were rude. They were over-worked, seemed unhappy at best or angry/ irritable usually. Dr. Malinow made inappropriate comments to me at times and I hated going there. I finally left his practice for another physician.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Louis Malinow is an excellent physician. He is a very knowledgable and compassionate doctor. I think it is unfair for others to criticize him on his new practice because I feel his intentions are good. -Katina

Submitted Feb. 6, 2010 | flag

My wife signed up and paid $1500 in November 2008. Her physical was scheduled for July 2009, 7 month later. When she went to see dr Malinow with a problem, he told her "There no magic bullets". Is that what you get for $1500? Staff is rude and not helpful at all. She is no longer a patient as you may guess.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2010 | flag

Really excellent doctor. I stayed with him through the change to boutique practice- am I happy about the $1,500? Absolutley not, but for a doctor I trust and respect, I will pay it as long as I can afford it- this is my health on the line.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2009 | flag

VERY UPSET THAT DR LOUS SAID HE WOULD NOT CHANGE TO VIP AND THEN DID. SAD THAT $$ IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT NOT THE CLIENT'S THAT HAD SUPPORTED HIM IN THE PAST. WHEN WILL THE PATIENT MATTER???

Submitted June 25, 2009 | flag

depending on the age of the patient,if the patient can afford the fee,it is worth it to get the bedt care

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

I used to see Stanford Malinow and my sister saw Louis. I think Louis became motivated by money and as a result changes were made to the practice which benefited him and not the patients. It was Louis who caused the change in location and the move to only seeing patients who paid $1500 a year out of pcoket just to be able to se the doctor. Louis caters to more high end patients like Ray Lewis, Stanford catered to long term patients, many elderly and many familys. However's Louis motivation to make money caused Stanford to be supportive of his son, instead on the ultimate focus of the patient. Patient's who helped build a practice should not be casted off due to the love of money, and rubbing elbows with the well off. Very unhappy with the idea of discarding patients. There is an icyness about the office staff for Louis, Stanford's staff were better. People first then money!!!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2009 | flag