Rate Dr. Mark R. Oliver

Dr. Mark R. Oliver's Ratings

Love Dr.Oliver tells it like it is. I have never waited in his office. He has been my Dr. since 07. I always leave there with all my questions answered to my satifaction. Appts always short and sweet.If he's not your Dr. he should be he's the best infectious disease dr. in utah.=}

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][931456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2011

I don't have experience with Dr. Oliver for an infectious disease, but rather as my primary care physician. He has been very attentive to my needs, and primarily with my type II diabetes. Very regular with ordering lab tests, and changing meds as needed. He recently had me see a diabetic specialist in his office who could more particularly help with my diabetes control. He is usually behind schedule, but never rushed to see his next patient. I have no hesitancy to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][931455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

I've seen Dr. Oliver a few times for recurrent shingles and while he may come off a bit curt, I found him to be intelligent and committed to helping me. Rather then just throwing drugs at me to mask the symptoms like every other doctor I've seen for this problem, he is trying to find the underlying cause and treat this more effectively. Too many people are too used to doctors giving them medications and a quick diagnosis that they're critical of a doctor who is thorough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][931454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2009

This infectious disease doctor is also not familiar with Lyme disease. Although I had positive tests through Labcorp by ELISA and Western Blot, this physician denied the validity of the tests & stated he did not trust Labcorp. His knowledge of Lyme disease is not current nor was he aware of the current controversy involving Lyme disease. It appears this "physician," seems to have problems with other patients as well so I guess it isn't just Lyme. He is very condescending and had no desire to listen to my symptoms and was unable to answer some valid questions when posed. He stated there have been only four reported cases of Lyme in Utah this year yet even the CDC states that only 10\% of cases are actually reported, leaving you with at the very least 40 cases of Lyme in Utah. He also doesn't seem to be aware that misdiagnosis is common in a state where physicians have not yet been trained about Lyme disease. He needs to update his knowledge on Lyme.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][931453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2009

Didn't listen to my symptoms. Very rushed. Rude. I will never go back to him. My gastro doctor sent me to him to treat my oral thrush which he was unable to help me at all with any of my symptoms.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][931452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009

Dr. Oliver was very rude and condescending. He made me feel stupid and dismissed all of my concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][931451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

The man is supposed to be knowledgeable in infectious diseases! He knew little about TB and nothing about Valley Fever. He was so stupid he thought the infectious disease symptoms of puss oozing out of the toe nails was an ingrown toenail. Anyone could see that it was not. But we went to a podiatrist anyway, as Dr. Oliver said to. The podiatrist was alarmed at the infection and sent samples to labs. Dr. Oliver took my friend off meds that were working in order to evaluate her after her symptoms were no longer "masked." Then--he did not treat her! He insisted she call him before she took antibiotics for her toe infections, then--he refused to take her calls! He insisted on seeing all her medical records, then--he did not read any of them when he had them a month! He struck us as a total nut!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][931450].votes_count ]]