Rate Dr. Natalie V. Furlong

Dr. Natalie V. Furlong's Ratings

I had not seen a doctor for a few years and had basically wasn't living a healthy lifestyle; I was a little embarassed by my lack of health maintanance. But, Dr. Furlong did a great physical exam and was very supportive, she sorted out my health issues and got me back on track. She also set me up with preventative tests. I also saw Dr. Chopra in the same office; same experience, great doctor. They both treated me very well.

Submitted May 1, 2011 | flag

Doctor would not work with my pre-existing condition, was told to fin a new pcp by office manager. Had issues with another doctor in the practice that wasn't my pcp. Dr. Chopra is a horrible doctor with no compassion, Dr. Furlong has no backbone, and the staff is miserable and does not get back to you in appropriate manners. DO NOT GO TO THEM TERRIBLE!!!!!

Submitted March 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Furlong is good, but her supportive staff and the other drs. in the practice are awful. I only got to see this dr. once for a physical, since it takes a few months to get an apt. wither her. She is never available for emergency apts. You will get a PA or another unknowledgeable dr.

Submitted July 15, 2010 | flag

Several friends have seen Dr. Furlong and it was from their recommendations that I made my first appointment. I hadn't seen a physician in a long time (I'm 50), but she took the time to do a detailed history/physical. And she did a great job. The last doc that I saw was too busy yelling at me for not seeing a doc for many years, that any meaningful interaction was impossible. So I quit that practice and saw Dr. Furlong and got a baseline history/physical etc. What shocked me was that DR. Furlong was actually concerned enough about my medical condition to call me at home and remind me that her practice has a doc on call 24/7 and that she wanted to make sure that I was doing o.k. I'm a terrible patient, but she takes the time to improve my health and is a really caring doc.

Submitted April 10, 2010 | flag

This was my first time seeing Dr. Furlong. Several family members recommended her; I was not disappointed. She treated me in a professional but friendly manner. One thing that I won't forget was when, on my first visit, her nurse said "welcome to our practice"..and they mean it. I'm not a "needy" patient, but it's nice to know that they have a doc on call 24/7 if you need help and they actually call you back within a very short time. The office staff (Donna?) are so nice that it's hard to believe.

Submitted March 25, 2010 | flag

Are the previous comments written by her staff? I had blood work in July and was called in December for basic lab work results (results revealed some serious problems). I asked why it took so long and was supposedly told: Dr. Furlong, did not know. When I did see Dr. Furlong, she could not have gotten out of the exam room fast enough. Staff could not get my correct weight (told me I lost 25 lbs which I did not) took an incorrect blood pressure (missed by 40 points)Also to boot: the exam and waiting rooms were dirty (floors and counters looked sticky dark with dirt and with very old germ-ridden mags. This is from a MD that is Chief Financial Officer for Jefferson Hospital South Hills Health System. Slumming for money in Homestead, Penna perhaps? Patient Mill? I felt manipulated. Ever wonder why these type of docs don't hire a registered nurse or two instead of these med. assistants with only 6-9 weeks training? Perhaps These docs don't want anyone too observant or knowledgeable?

Submitted Nov. 30, 2009 | flag

Everything about this doctor is impressive. Her clinical skills are great and she really cares about the patient as a whole. I actually look forward to seeing her for an annual physical each year; I always learn something and she is very kind and supportive.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Furlong is a great doctor, not just knowledgeable but friendly and easy to talk to. She is easygoing, but quickly gets to the heart of whatever is bothering you; plus she always suggests health maintanence.. I can't believe how lucky I was to find such a great doctor....

Submitted Nov. 24, 2009 | flag

This doctor is great; the office saff is super also. I'm a guy who used to hate going to the doctor; not with Dt Furlong. My overall health improved dramatically after I started seeing Dr. Furlong; she's caring and I would trust her with my life.

Submitted June 22, 2009 | flag

This doctor is terrible. She didn't diagnose my fibromyalgia for 7 years and just kept sending me to different specialists. Refused to prescribe a parking placard for the days that I can't walk. Never addressed my sleeping problems, only said that she wouldn't prescribe sleeping pills to someone with chronic fatigue. Prescribed Lyrica, but it was a hassle to get her to increase the dose to get to the dose that actually does anything so I stopped wasting my money on it. I switched doctors and my new doctor did more to help me in 1 visit than she did over 10 years. She's always booked and I've had to see the physician's assistant several times when I was sick enough to go to the emergency room because Dr. Furlong could not fit me in. Her staff has been very rude to me over the phone. She had me could switch from zoloft to wellbutrin without weaning myself off zoloft and I had horrible withdrawal symptoms for weeks. Terrible experience with this doctor.

Submitted May 1, 2009 | flag