Rate Dr. Luz Arbelaez

Dr. Luz Arbelaez's Ratings

Have seen Dr. Arbelaez twice , seems to be knowledgeable based on my follow-up investigation , however very long wait to get appointments and then office changed appointment. Your time is not respected waiting almost an hour after early arrival then doctor gives you less than 10 minutes of her time. Dr. has very heavy accent and hard to understand as she talks very fast so it is difficult to clearly understand her findings. Her recommendation was surgery with very little information on procedure and outcome. No one wants surgery without adequate information. I will not seek follow up care from her and will seek another doctor.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Patient, kind, knowledgeable, set us at ease, LOVED her!!! Highly recommend!!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Luz is an amazing woman with a lot of knowledge!! She performed my second cesarean flawlessly, with very little scar tissue left over. She managed to spot a somewhat rare issue with my blood that other doctors had not seen, something that could contribute to serious complications during delivery. She did her absolute best to prepare myself and the hospital staff for a potential problem, which thankfully was not needed. If I have another child, I would absolutely choose her again for her knowledge and great bedside manner. The only issue I had was the wait time but, considering the quality of care, it's worth the wait :)

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

Dr arbaleaz, was never helpful for me. She diagnosed me at age 12 with endometreosis, and decided the best course of action was to let me stay how i was however stuff my body with birth control. I wasnt pleased that she let me suffer for extra 2 years before she decided that it was time to do my surgery. It took months on top to actually get an OR space with her. Shes south african, and very hard to understand especially because she talks to fast. She likes to rush you out the door, and is hard to get into see as well. I switched doctors because I couldn't understand her and she was never able to fully help/understand what i was going through. I have chronic pain from Endo, PCOS, IC and Chronic migraines, and she always told me I had a low level of pain tolerance, when all the other doctors say from dealing with those, that my pain tolerance is high. She was brutal .

Submitted Jan. 21, 2014 | flag

DR we have ever dealt with. She personally delivered both of our children over last 2 years, and dealt with my wifes high blood pressure first time around and gestational diabetes second time around. Very professional, family oriented DR. I would strongly recommend her to those that need a personal touch, where you are a name not a number.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2012 | flag

I thought she was fantastic, I had to go for surgery and managed to get in really quickly, she explained the results really clearly to me and genuinly cared about me and the diagnosis. The only bad thing I have to say about Dr Arbalaez is that when I went in for surgery she didn't explain what was going to happen to me well enough and I was pretty scared througout the process.

Submitted July 26, 2012 | flag

If you like to feel kept in the dark, herded like livestock, and enjoy staff/doctors who have no respect for your time, then HEY this is the office for you. TERRIBLE time management for appointments; 1st appointment I had with them they were 30 minutes behind (no big deal, but it was 1st appointment of the morning) next time (afternoon) 90 minutes, 3rd time 2 HOURS LATE (also afternoon). Of course OB/GYN offices are going to have emergency deliveries, etc. but what happens here is way more than that. Overbooked, ridiculously so. The lack of respect for people's time is inexcusable. Office staff doesn't seem to have a clue, either, when asked to estimate how far behind they are. Even early morning appointments start late. As for the doctor herself I rated her as competent (3) enough, not bad but not great . . . but the whole office makes you feel like you, your time, your need for information, doesn't matter. Who needs the hassle?

Submitted April 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. A performed a D&C on me a year and 2 months ago after I lost my daughter, She told me to be at the hospital at 9am I had to sit in emergency till 9pm till I finally went in for the D&C.. She was rude and extremly insensitive. 3 months later I seen her about pains Ive been having, She said nothing was wrong. I seen Dr. Hunt yesterday and he put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks because I have an infection in my uterus and I have to be checked for endometriosis if I still have pains once im done my meds. I think its horrible that she sent me on my way and didnt think anything was wrong with me. She was pushy with her thoughts and when I asked what will be done with my babys remains, She said "It doesnt matter its this big." I could go on and on and on about her... I will NEVER see her again!!

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

Was very considerate to the fact that I was going through a lot of pain and helped me deal with it without having to go through surgery. She accomadated me whenever possible.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2011 | flag

She was the oncall doctor when I had my twins, it was a planned vaginal birth, she used forceps for baby A, which tore me to the 4th degree, then when going to do a csection for baby B she changed her mind and used the vacume, and twisted him around which resulted in me having horrendous tearing.. That was 1 year ago and am still having problems, the after care wasn't great she saw me once in the week I was in the hospital didn't check me before I was discharged, which if she would she would have been able to tell I had developed a fistula from the tearing. Doctors today still dont understand how she managed to tear me that much. I wish my other doctor was on call that day.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2010 | flag