You may also like

Rate Dr. Luz Arbelaez

Dr. Luz Arbelaez's Ratings

She is hard to understand, second guess herself, sent me for second testing and found it was not needed by a different gyn who was attending me at the hospital. She was brutal in her office exam and had not fully explained what she was doing. I screamed loud enough to frighten patients in waiting room. Last visit was for repair gives me 2 prescriptions and one is not affordable. Have now waited 2 weeks for reply on substitute but receptionist gives me the run around and really has not helped and still says that I should be patient. this is now 7 months in trying to get a bladder repair done. I am looking for new gyn. Horrible treatment and negligent staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Arbelaez performed a surgery on me after the birth of my daughter. She was amazing and it is due to her skill and care that I continue to lead an active, healthy life. Her office e was very accommodating for follow-up appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

She has the potential to be a great doctor. Her accent is hard to understand. She quickly got to the bottom of my problems and is knowledgable but is taking FOREVER to fully treat my condition. And is constantly making mistakes. I have been waiting a week for her to return my call, previously I have had to call in after waiting long periods for answers, only to have her secretary give me a blunt answers based on the doctors notes. You have to wait months for appointments only to have the dates pushed back. This office does NOT call to remind you of appointment dates/times even if the appointment was made 6 + months prior. In the moment diagnosis seems to be what she is best at but does not consider future care or prescriptions. You can wait weeks for prescriptions. I was meant to be getting blood work done but the form was "accidently" filled out for a prostate exam, I'm a female. I was referred to the Victoria fertility clinic for IUI/IVF so hopefully I do not have to put up with Dr. Arbelaez after seeing them. If so I will be finding a more competent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Had great difficulty understanding her. Was 90 minuted lte for appointment, though I could hear her chatting to someone in the hallway. Quit after 1 visit

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

She got to the bottom of my problems too but now wont return my calls or my pharmacys calls regarding another prescription.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

This was my first visit with her, but she got to the bottom of what my problem was and I am finally on the mend after months of other doctors not being able or interested in figuring it out. She is a keeper.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2586758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I requested a special authority form be filled out and was told it would be done that day. Three weeks later I am told by the pharmacy that it was never submitted. Phone office, was put on hold for 5+ minutes, then told it was never filled out. They will "try to get her to fill it out," but can't promise anything and refuse to call me back and let me know if it was filled out or not. Brutal service that has left me unable to afford a drug that I really need.

Arbalaez herself was great, but her staff stinks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I've seen Dr. Arbelaez a few years ago for a fibroid, wasn't ready to get the surgery done then. Just did it last month with her (a laparoscopy), followed up 6 weeks later, now the actual removal will happen 3-4 months from now. I've always found the staff and Dr. Arbelaez to be punctual, friendly and takes the time to meet and explain things to me. I've never waited more than 10 minutes and she doesn't rush me through appointments. In fact, she spends at least 20 minutes with me. In the surgery room she was extremely comforting. I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I have I miss shaped uterus she said an tested to see if I was ovulating said I was the two months after said I wasn't and would always want to put me under anathetic she had left I bunch of scar tissue on my Fallopian tube and says it takes time to conceive I've been trying 4. Years

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Have seen Dr. Arbelaez twice , seems to be knowledgeable based on my follow-up investigation , however very long wait to get appointments and then office changed appointment. Your time is not respected waiting almost an hour after early arrival then doctor gives you less than 10 minutes of her time. Dr. has very heavy accent and hard to understand as she talks very fast so it is difficult to clearly understand her findings. Her recommendation was surgery with very little information on procedure and outcome. No one wants surgery without adequate information. I will not seek follow up care from her and will seek another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2502168].votes_count ]]