Rate Dr. Luz Arbelaez

Dr. Luz Arbelaez's Ratings

I've seen Dr. Arbelaez a few years ago for a fibroid, wasn't ready to get the surgery done then. Just did it last month with her (a laparoscopy), followed up 6 weeks later, now the actual removal will happen 3-4 months from now. I've always found the staff and Dr. Arbelaez to be punctual, friendly and takes the time to meet and explain things to me. I've never waited more than 10 minutes and she doesn't rush me through appointments. In fact, she spends at least 20 minutes with me. In the surgery room she was extremely comforting. I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I have I miss shaped uterus she said an tested to see if I was ovulating said I was the two months after said I wasn't and would always want to put me under anathetic she had left I bunch of scar tissue on my Fallopian tube and says it takes time to conceive I've been trying 4. Years

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Have seen Dr. Arbelaez twice , seems to be knowledgeable based on my follow-up investigation , however very long wait to get appointments and then office changed appointment. Your time is not respected waiting almost an hour after early arrival then doctor gives you less than 10 minutes of her time. Dr. has very heavy accent and hard to understand as she talks very fast so it is difficult to clearly understand her findings. Her recommendation was surgery with very little information on procedure and outcome. No one wants surgery without adequate information. I will not seek follow up care from her and will seek another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Patient, kind, knowledgeable, set us at ease, LOVED her!!! Highly recommend!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Dr. Luz is an amazing woman with a lot of knowledge!! She performed my second cesarean flawlessly, with very little scar tissue left over. She managed to spot a somewhat rare issue with my blood that other doctors had not seen, something that could contribute to serious complications during delivery. She did her absolute best to prepare myself and the hospital staff for a potential problem, which thankfully was not needed. If I have another child, I would absolutely choose her again for her knowledge and great bedside manner. The only issue I had was the wait time but, considering the quality of care, it's worth the wait :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][932504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr arbaleaz, was never helpful for me. She diagnosed me at age 12 with endometreosis, and decided the best course of action was to let me stay how i was however stuff my body with birth control. I wasnt pleased that she let me suffer for extra 2 years before she decided that it was time to do my surgery. It took months on top to actually get an OR space with her. Shes south african, and very hard to understand especially because she talks to fast. She likes to rush you out the door, and is hard to get into see as well. I switched doctors because I couldn't understand her and she was never able to fully help/understand what i was going through. I have chronic pain from Endo, PCOS, IC and Chronic migraines, and she always told me I had a low level of pain tolerance, when all the other doctors say from dealing with those, that my pain tolerance is high. She was brutal .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][932531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

DR we have ever dealt with. She personally delivered both of our children over last 2 years, and dealt with my wifes high blood pressure first time around and gestational diabetes second time around. Very professional, family oriented DR. I would strongly recommend her to those that need a personal touch, where you are a name not a number.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][932530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2012

I thought she was fantastic, I had to go for surgery and managed to get in really quickly, she explained the results really clearly to me and genuinly cared about me and the diagnosis. The only bad thing I have to say about Dr Arbalaez is that when I went in for surgery she didn't explain what was going to happen to me well enough and I was pretty scared througout the process.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][932529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

If you like to feel kept in the dark, herded like livestock, and enjoy staff/doctors who have no respect for your time, then HEY this is the office for you. TERRIBLE time management for appointments; 1st appointment I had with them they were 30 minutes behind (no big deal, but it was 1st appointment of the morning) next time (afternoon) 90 minutes, 3rd time 2 HOURS LATE (also afternoon). Of course OB/GYN offices are going to have emergency deliveries, etc. but what happens here is way more than that. Overbooked, ridiculously so. The lack of respect for people's time is inexcusable. Office staff doesn't seem to have a clue, either, when asked to estimate how far behind they are. Even early morning appointments start late. As for the doctor herself I rated her as competent (3) enough, not bad but not great . . . but the whole office makes you feel like you, your time, your need for information, doesn't matter. Who needs the hassle?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][932528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Dr. A performed a D&C on me a year and 2 months ago after I lost my daughter, She told me to be at the hospital at 9am I had to sit in emergency till 9pm till I finally went in for the D&C.. She was rude and extremly insensitive. 3 months later I seen her about pains Ive been having, She said nothing was wrong. I seen Dr. Hunt yesterday and he put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks because I have an infection in my uterus and I have to be checked for endometriosis if I still have pains once im done my meds. I think its horrible that she sent me on my way and didnt think anything was wrong with me. She was pushy with her thoughts and when I asked what will be done with my babys remains, She said "It doesnt matter its this big." I could go on and on and on about her... I will NEVER see her again!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][932532].votes_count ]]