Rate Dr. Luz Arbelaez

Dr. Luz Arbelaez's Ratings

Had great difficulty understanding her. Was 90 minuted lte for appointment, though I could hear her chatting to someone in the hallway. Quit after 1 visit

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

She got to the bottom of my problems too but now wont return my calls or my pharmacys calls regarding another prescription.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

This was my first visit with her, but she got to the bottom of what my problem was and I am finally on the mend after months of other doctors not being able or interested in figuring it out. She is a keeper.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I requested a special authority form be filled out and was told it would be done that day. Three weeks later I am told by the pharmacy that it was never submitted. Phone office, was put on hold for 5+ minutes, then told it was never filled out. They will "try to get her to fill it out," but can't promise anything and refuse to call me back and let me know if it was filled out or not. Brutal service that has left me unable to afford a drug that I really need.

Arbalaez herself was great, but her staff stinks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I've seen Dr. Arbelaez a few years ago for a fibroid, wasn't ready to get the surgery done then. Just did it last month with her (a laparoscopy), followed up 6 weeks later, now the actual removal will happen 3-4 months from now. I've always found the staff and Dr. Arbelaez to be punctual, friendly and takes the time to meet and explain things to me. I've never waited more than 10 minutes and she doesn't rush me through appointments. In fact, she spends at least 20 minutes with me. In the surgery room she was extremely comforting. I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I have I miss shaped uterus she said an tested to see if I was ovulating said I was the two months after said I wasn't and would always want to put me under anathetic she had left I bunch of scar tissue on my Fallopian tube and says it takes time to conceive I've been trying 4. Years

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Have seen Dr. Arbelaez twice , seems to be knowledgeable based on my follow-up investigation , however very long wait to get appointments and then office changed appointment. Your time is not respected waiting almost an hour after early arrival then doctor gives you less than 10 minutes of her time. Dr. has very heavy accent and hard to understand as she talks very fast so it is difficult to clearly understand her findings. Her recommendation was surgery with very little information on procedure and outcome. No one wants surgery without adequate information. I will not seek follow up care from her and will seek another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2502168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Patient, kind, knowledgeable, set us at ease, LOVED her!!! Highly recommend!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Dr. Luz is an amazing woman with a lot of knowledge!! She performed my second cesarean flawlessly, with very little scar tissue left over. She managed to spot a somewhat rare issue with my blood that other doctors had not seen, something that could contribute to serious complications during delivery. She did her absolute best to prepare myself and the hospital staff for a potential problem, which thankfully was not needed. If I have another child, I would absolutely choose her again for her knowledge and great bedside manner. The only issue I had was the wait time but, considering the quality of care, it's worth the wait :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][932504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr arbaleaz, was never helpful for me. She diagnosed me at age 12 with endometreosis, and decided the best course of action was to let me stay how i was however stuff my body with birth control. I wasnt pleased that she let me suffer for extra 2 years before she decided that it was time to do my surgery. It took months on top to actually get an OR space with her. Shes south african, and very hard to understand especially because she talks to fast. She likes to rush you out the door, and is hard to get into see as well. I switched doctors because I couldn't understand her and she was never able to fully help/understand what i was going through. I have chronic pain from Endo, PCOS, IC and Chronic migraines, and she always told me I had a low level of pain tolerance, when all the other doctors say from dealing with those, that my pain tolerance is high. She was brutal .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][932531].votes_count ]]